An Unexpected Surprise

An Unexpected Surprise

A Chapter by J. F. Charleston

The sun shown into Lauren's eyes as she slept. Her bed was very cold. Dreams of last night kept her in deep sleep. Jacob's blue eyes reflecting the lights of the bar. How he held her on the wooden dance floor. How they kissed the night before on her doorstep...

 

"Hey, Lauren." Kristin said from the doorway of her room.

"What?" Lauren moaned as she placed a pillow on her face.

"A Jacob is on the phone."

"What?!" Lauren sat up in her bed.

"He said that you met at the bar last night."

 

Kristin handed Lauren her phone that she left downstairs the night before.

"Hello?" Lauren asked as she placed the phone to her ear.

"Good morning, Lauren." Jacob said on the other side of the phone. She was surprised that he would call so soon. "I should say good afternoon." He chuckled at his statement. She turned to the silver clock on her bedside table. "1:20 PM?" Lauren asked herself.

 

"I had called to see if you would like to go get lunch." Jacob said. Lauren was speechless.

"Uh...Sure. What time?"

"2:30 ok?"

"Yeah. Do you remember how to get here?"

"Yes, I do. I'll see you at 2:30."

"Ok, bye."

"Bye." Lauren put her cell down next to the alarm clock and walked to the bathroom. She was so nervous about the event that's going to take place in an hour.

 

The water soothed her nerves as it drenched her. Questions started popping into her mind. "What am I going to wear?" and "What will my family think?" Lauren's family was close to one another. Her brother was protective to her. He didn't like any guy that tried to hook up with her in the past. Well her brother was working until seven, so she didn't have to worry about him.

 

Lauren threw her closet doors open and started going through her clothes.

"Jeans and a blouse?" She asked herself as she stood in front of the mirror on her closet door. She shook her head and tossed the clothes on to the bed.

 

"Try a sundress and boots." Kristin suggested leaning in the doorway. Lauren started looking at her sets of sundresses and picked out two to choose from. "Which one? Blue or white?"

"Try the white one."

Lauren held the white one in front of her, and Kristin nodded. She smiled and started going the pairs of boots she had.

"The red ones or the brown ones." Lauren held a pair of pointed red boots and brown square toed boots. Her sister had pointed to the brown ones.

 

"You're awsome!" Lauren exclaimed as she walked out of the closet wearing the sundress and boots. The sound of a door slamming came from the window. She peaked out, and saw Jacob walking up to the house.

 

"Here, brush your hair." Kristin tossed her brush to her sister.

"There's no time." Lauren tossed the brush back. It usually takes her about ten to fifteen minutes to brush her long, silky hair.

 

When she walked down the stairs, Jacob and her father were talking in the living room. She was afraid what they were talking about, and if her dad approved of the man sitting in front of him.

 

"Jacob", Lauren said walking into the living room. His attention went from her father to her. He stared in amazement. "You... look... Beautiful." Jacob didn't take his eyes off of her as they rose from their seats.

 

Lauren's father walked over to her. "Go have fun." He kissed his daughter on the forehead and walked out of the room. She turned to Jacob who had a dark blue pearl snap tucked into his jeans.

"Well?" Lauren asked walking over to the coffee table and picking up his hat.

 

"What? Oh." Jacob said coming back to reality. Lauren just smiled and put his hat on his head. He returned a smile and held the front door for her.



© 2012 J. F. Charleston


Author's Note

J. F. Charleston
Pic isn't by me

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great chapter
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


A very good chapter. A surprise and getting prepare for the date. I like the hopeful emotion in the chapter. Thank you for a excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

332 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 25, 2012
Last Updated on July 25, 2012


Author

J. F. Charleston
J. F. Charleston

TX



About
"Write from the brain and heart. Join them to create one great piece of writing." J.F. Charleston. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Smile Smile

A Poem by EileenMarie