Chapter 3: Awakening

Chapter 3: Awakening

A Chapter by נнα∂єи♥
"

Finished on 1/7/10. Sorry for the long wait!

"
As Evana continued to speak with Anna, the teenager had began to ignore her and look around this strange land.  As said before, it was mostly grey, white, and black, as if all color had been drained from it.  It did not look real at all - it was too dark and mystical to be a real place. 

"Follow me," Evana said, interrupting Anna's thoughts.  "I assume that you would like to get to know the other residents of my homeland, so come with me."

Anna sighed impatiently but hurried after Evana, as the dark elf took her into the opening of a strange, twisted hill.  The opening was a jagged hole, broken and looking as if it would fall at any second, but it did not.  Entering the hole squeamishly, Anna took off after Evana, seeing that she was now farther up ahead.

And then, she was in a strange room.  The room was the only place with color that she could see, but even this place was unusually dark.  Six chandeliers hung from the roof of the hill, but none were lit and they all stood there limply, some of them broken and hanging just by a thread.  There was nearly nothing else in the room, but several other beings.

The first elf that she took notice to was a female, with long black hair that went down to her hips.  All Anna could see of her at the moment was the back of her, because she was turned away.  Ears pointing out from the sides of her head, the elf slowly turned around to face them.  Her eyes, like Evana's, had no pupils and were a startling silver.  Her black hair was tangled yet sleek, and it blew around her majestically.  She was dressed in a tattered dress, also as Evana was, but her dress was white and fell past her legs, longer and paler than Evana's shorter black dress.  The elf's wings were black, tattered, and hung over her shoulders limply, as if they were going to fall apart any second.  Looking over Evana and Anna, the dark elf spoke.

"Is this the girl?" 

Her voice was soft yet had another tone of it that sounded as if she shouldn't be trusted, like she was hiding something about her.

"Yes," Evana said, interrupting Anna's thoughts.  "This is her."

The other elf nodded, staring at Anna in a somewhat creepy way, as if she was bewildered and overjoyed that there was someone else here.  "And her name is...?"

"Anna," Anna cut in, holding out her hand to shake with the elf.  The elf glanced at her hand, as if there was something wrong with it, and Anna recoiled sheepishly. 

"Jineya, this is the girl," Evana said sharply.  "The girl who didn't die, and now must because an elf herself."

"Wait," Anna interrupted.  "Do I become... a dark elf?  Are there only dark elves?  Are they evil, or something?"

"You become a dark elf," Jineya replied darkly.  "And there are other types of elves, but they are in charge of other things.  We are not evil; we determine the deaths of others."

"...Which makes you murderers," Anna said sarcastically.  "Therefore, you're evil."

With a small hiss, Evana cut in as well.  "Would you rather have the world be extremely over-populated?"

"Well, no," Anna said slowly.  "But... that's kind of... evil-ish for you to murder people to keep the population down."

"We must," Evana said.  "If we don't, we are failing our duties as a dark elf, and we die."

"So you CAN die?"

"I'm not sure if you'd call it death, because we die very differently from how humans die," Evana explained.  She stretched her wings out, looking at Anna seriously.  "We do not die of old age, disease, or any of those things.  In fact, it is nearly impossible for us to die, unless we fail our duty.  Our job here is to kill humans.  It gives us energy, as I already told you.  Failing our job, like when the person who was supposed to die doesn't die, gives us the death punishment."

"How do you die?" Anna asked.

Evana shrugged.  "Well, I'm not exactly sure," she admitted, her eyes narrowing. 

Jineya answered.  "We slowly disappear," she replied.  "When we die, we fade away into the air, and then nothing else happens.  We simply... die, and we can't do anything to stop ourselves from dying."

"I see," Anna said.  She was still confused, though, greatly confused.  Are these elves f*****g INSANE? she wondered.

"Where's everyone else?" she asked.

"The other types of elves live in this land too, but not here," Jineya said.  "The other dark elves are somewhere throughout here, where the dark elves are supposed to be.  Unless one of them has decided to be stupid and break the rules."

"...Break the rules...?"

"Leave our place," she said impatiently.  "If they travel to the world, where humans live, for no reason, they are breaking the rules."

"I see," Anna said slowly.  "If they were still... wherever we are, where would they be besides in this cave-thing?"

"They could be in the castle," Evana suggested. 

"A castle?" Anna rolled her eyes. 

"Do you want to find them or not?" Evana asked impatiently, her temper growing.

"Sure."



As the two led her into the castle, Anna was still confused and asking questions.  "So, do I magically grow wings or something?"

"When you transform, you change completely," Jineya said.  "Every part of your body is different from ours - somehow, at least.  That's as far as I've heard.  You need to grow ears, wings, and other things, I assume."

"...Does it hurt?"

"I wouldn't know," Jineya said simply, beginning to walk up the stairs, in which Evana and Anna followed her.  "I was changed from a human to an elf thousands of years ago.  I've forgotten by now, but I remember that the transformation is more painful for some humans than others."

"But of course it hurts," Evana replied with a hint of sarcasm in her voice.  "You're changing completely.  It will hurt."

"Oh," Anna replied hastily.  "When do I change?"

"It will happen from a period of an hour to three days after you arrive," Evana told her as they finally reached the top of the stairs and headed into the first room on the left.  "Well, it will begin to happen.  The full transformation could take weeks."

"Oh," Anna said, and she looked around the room.  There were about five elves in the room, all sitting around doing nothing.  There were four females, and only one male, Anna noticed with confusion.

The five all looked up simultaneously, slightly creeping Anna out.  The females all had dark-colored hair - two had dark brown hair, one had dark red, and the other had black hair. 

"These four are Mindosia, Jikassa, Unen, and Zalis," Evana explained to Anna, pointing as she said their names.  Mindosia, one of the brown-haired ones, wore a white dress with black designs on it.  Jikassa's eyes were the most unusual out of all of them - they were bright blue and also had no pupils, contrasting with her long red hair and red clothing.  Unen was a brunette with cropped, short hair, and she wore an outfit entirely made of bones - her wings were also bony and large.  Finally, Zalis was the black-haired dark elf, and she wore a wispy black dress.

The male, who also had black hair, caught Anna's attention quickly.  His black hair was hanging loosely in his face, bangs covering his right eye.  He was dressed in all black, with a silver belt around his waist and a sword at his side.  He looked at her, and Anna melted inside with desire.  There was something about him... something... irresistible.

Looking away quickly as Evana started to speak again, Anna blushed.  Evana told her, "These are not the only dark elves that are here.  We have more, but not enough, in my opinion.  That is why, if we lose one, the human must become a dark elf."

"I see," Anna fumed. 

"Your name must also change," Jineya said sharply.  "As you can see, we all had our names changed."

"...Oh," Anna said.  She had never really liked her name, but this was a strange thought.

"Now," she said, "what else do you do around here?"

"There are battles," Unen said.  Her eyes, silver like most of the dark elves, seemed to burn into Anna's.  "We must battle."

Now, Anna was annoyed.  "What the hell?" she asked Evana.  "You never told me about a f*****g battle!  I can't fight.  I don't even know how to HOLD a damn sword, or whatever weapon you'd expect me to use.  I can't be a dark elf, and that's final."

"You must," Jikassa hissed, her eyes overwhelming Anna as she stared at her.  "Remember, injuries do not effect us, if that's what you were worried about."

"What would you even battle?" Anna asked furiously.

"Creatures," Evana said.  "Anything that could somehow harm us or our land.  This is all that we have, Anna.  We can't live anywhere else."

"And when do these creatures come?" Anna muttered.  Now, she was pissed.  When the hell had Evana mentioned these 'creatures' in their little talk?

"Not often," Jineya replied.  "But when they do, we must be ready."

Glaring at Evana and Jineya, Anna turned on her heel and began to storm out of the room in a huff.  But just as she began to walk, a sharp pain stabbed at her back, and she cried out, falling to the ground.


© 2010 נнα∂єи♥


Author's Note

נнα∂єи♥
Please review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
OMG! They have such AMAZING freaking names!! Like totally unique names!!! It'sa so freaking amazing!! And I love Anna; she is such an amazing character. I love how sarcastic she can be. I LOVE SARCASM. xD Lol. AND OMG. she's transforming!? or beginning to, anyway!?!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Anna flips out a lot...It's funny. XD I enjoyed this chapter more then others for some reason...IDK why though. LOL. The description of Jineya sounds quite...interesting. Silver eyes with no pupils sound really cool. XD AND OMG SHE'S TRANSFORMING! ....I think...lol ^.^

Posted 13 Years Ago


I loved this chapter. The other elves sound very interesting... and I like Jineya ^^ Ummmm what else did I wanna say....? OH YEAH. ...WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING TO HER AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER?!?!?!?!?!? Lol. Update soon, so I can find out!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 31, 2010
Last Updated on November 7, 2010



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..