Chapter 5: Shell of a King

Chapter 5: Shell of a King

A Chapter by CzatoftheMoon
"

(cloaked Vain picture)

"

(As they rushed through the forest more soldiers from Siar’s army followed beside them. The entire group rushed at top speed through the forest as the clearing came up and the mountains could be seen. The area was arid and brown with dirt and soil unlike the green lush of the jungle area. The dirt had recently been stepped on with the footsteps of other soldiers. They followed the tracks as it lead further into the mountainous region near the edge of Rulan. As they went far in the heat and atmosphere began to take effect. )

 

(Nailah huffed and slowed down looking around the area)

Nailah: hah… is he really here?… this place is soo hot! seriously the heat is making me sweat!

(Siar slowed down and started to walk looking to them)

Siar: we should hurry. Your only slowing us down.

(Nailah growled)

Nailah: dont talk to me like your my commander human.

(She smirked)

Siar: hah if your that determined youll never have your king back.

(she huffed and growled)

Nailah: what!? you… ugh im sorry im not a hairless human!

(Marcus looked to Siar)

Marcus: how far ahead is he?

(She looked to them and sighed)

Siar: hes not too much far were getting close to the side of the volcano though.

(Nailah growled)

Nailah: so then whats the deal? didnt you capture him already to make sure he didnt go anywhere?

(Siar shook her head)

Siar: all were doing is tailing him for now. If we get close theres no telling what he’ll do.

(Nailah blinked)

Nailah: you sound like hes a wild beast.

(she sighed)

Siar: the full report on him is…. well its greusome.. I wanted to tell Seitz it but.. I guess I got carried away again..

(Marcus looked to her)

Marcus: you can tell us then.

(She smiled)

Siar: hmm you might be able to handle it.. fine its kind of a long walk and we can take a break. The troops following him say he has stopped moving.

(Nailah sighed and slowed to a walk alongside Marcus)

Nailah: so tell us then whats going on.

(She walked with her troops and began to speak)

Siar: As we speak my elite troops are tailing this cloaked figure said to be a Czat. We recently found him through a difficult way.. He was being followed by a different group than our own… whoever he is.. hes very popular.

(Marcus nodded)

Marcus: so this person in a cloak might be the King.. but whats the proof?

(She continued speaking)

Siar: the proof is the fact that on every tree this figure passed we found claw marks. They wernt there before it passed. But thats not all.. theres traces of blue fur on the trees.

(Nailah blinked)

Nailah: then it has to be him!

(Marcus shook his head)

Marcus: but I thought the King knew the Rebellion. Why is he dangerous?

(She sighed)

Siar: we saw what the figure did to the group and anyone that followed him. Our troops are trained well but these… these people seem to not care for stealth..

(Nailah blinked)

Nailah: why do you say that?

(She shook her head)

Siar: I didnt tell Seitz in the report but.. just a few days after we discovered the glowing areas, a large group went into the jungle. We thought it was the Alliance militarys but they will take a good while before they get here. Anyhow the group didnt go towards our base like we thought and went for a target near the edge of west forest..

(Nailah blinked)

Nailah: this group.. did you see any of their faces or anything? was there something about them?

(Siar nodded)

Siar: they had masks on and dark robes.. no symbols but full dark robes and masks.. however they did have larger than usual animals with them..

(Nailah blinked)

Nailah: what… then that pit with the skeletons..

(She blinked)

Siar: you saw it too?.. hmm thats where the fighting went.. whatever was there attacked our mysterious person..and ended up like that.. but there were so many things that didnt add up..

(Marcus shook his head)

Marcus: there were so many skeletons… looked like more than fifty of them..

(Nailah nodded)

Nailah: even a group of Czats could never take that many… thats the King for ya..

(Siar shook her head)

Siar: so much killing.. I never thought Vain would do that.. whoever this is… its not Vain.. he didnt like to kill even the enemy.. I remember seeing him fight and knocking out every one of his opponents with his own skills.

(Nailah frowned)

Nailah: then its some kind of monster..

(Marcus nodded)

(Siar continued on)

Siar: thats not the strangest part. When they die their bodies melt away leaving only bone.. our soldiers couldnt even gain blood samples.. its like the blood is unstable even in the normal masked men.

(The two of them blinked)

Marcus: wah? thats weird.. what kind of people are they?

(Nailah growled)

Nailah: it all sounds fishy to me..

(She nodded)

Siar: agreed… still to finish the report.. after killing all of them the cloaked figure moved deeper into the woods and to an abandoned town.. after that we lost him..

(Marcus rubbed his chin)

Marcus: we came down here after all this.. so you already knew but what did you tell Seitz and Iris?

(She hesitated)

Siar: I… I told them what they wanted to hear.

(Nailah blinked)

Nailah: what they wanted to hear huh..

(Marcus growled)

Marcus: you didnt tell them did you?

(She sighed)

Siar: im only telling what I beleve needs to be told. That is the way of Rulan.

(Nailah growled)

Nailah: so you didnt tell him about the things this figure did and youve been lying to us too.

(she shook her head)

Siar: I beg your pardon! I do not lie I simply cut out parts of the truth that shouldnt be told.

(Nailah huffed)

Nailah: you mean things that are good for you.

(She growled)

Siar: you two think this is all some game to me dont you? well pah.. let me make something clear to you. I will not allow anyone to interfere in my capturing Vain. He belongs to me and I will take any measure to secure that.

(Marcus looked to her)

Marcus: he really affected you didnt he?

(She nodded)

Siar: he saved my life. Hes even more than that too he is alot to me and showed me that I had to be strong.

(Nailah huffed)

Nailah: even so our King belongs to know one.

(Siar smiled)

Siar: I have plenty of ways to gain a man to my side. More than youll ever know ahahaha.

(Nailah sighed)

Nailah: old foxes shouldnt be playing around with cats. I think you should accept your age and die alone peacefully.

(She growled)

Siar: what did you say?! you moss haired ballon chested monster. Some of us work for our looks and arnt born with it.

(Nailah growled)

Nailah: how dare you! I happen to have to straighten my hair and bathe you know! im no primate like you.

(Siar laughed)

Siar: oh you poor little furball you have no true beauty.

(Marcus growled)

Marcus: cut it out! Listen both of you.. right now.. right now we should focus on dealing with whoever this is.

(A soldier blinked and whispered to Siar. She growled)

Siar: we’ll need to run again everyone hes on the move to the base of the Volcano.

(they blinked and nodded as the entire group started to run. As they moved further in however they grew closer to the volcano and blinked noticing further ahead a group of soldiers and Seitz, Ulri, Auno, Heit, and Xalent. The soldiers stuck beside them as the figure appeared in their view. Its back turned to the group. As they gathered behind and beside Seitz the figure turned to look at them. Its blue hair stood out as the cloak on its head fell off and ears of a cat were revealed however the eyes were pure white. They all shivered as he looked to them. Siar blinked looking to him)

Siar: it…it is him… I dont beleve it…

Seitz: Vain….

Ulri: thats the King… that look… its…scary..

Heit: theres no way… is this how he always is?

Auno: theres something different.. this feeling he gives of… its bloodlust.. but animal instinct based..

(Xalent nodded)

Xalent: the King… he is a shell… no there is no humanity in him.. as if its never been in him at all.

(Nailah and Marcus groaned falling to their knees)

Nailah: ugh…ahh…augh… what.. is…

Marcus: Nailah…. nnngh…V…Vain!…

(Vain looked to them)

Vain: ……..

(Nailah moved in front of the group and transformed then roared. Seitz blinked and looked as Marcus did the same. )

Seitz: what!? whats going on? what are you two…

(Vain closed his eyes)

Vain: tamus..yu jae. derau… soail… ujaidau..

(Seitz blinked)

Seitz: hearts of the world… shall awake?

(Vain opened his eyes as if he had woken from a dream)

Vain: what… what is this? who are you?…

(they all stood silent and looked in shock)

(he looked to the Nailah and Marcus transformed then shivered and pulled back)

Vain: what?… no… its you again… ill not… I wont die! guuuahh!!!!

(he transformed sending a shockwave in all directions as it knocked them all back and made Nailah and Marcus transform to their half state)

(Seitz blinked kneeling)

Seitz: what… what power… Vain..

(Marcus and Nailah blinked)

Marcus: No! Vain! dont go! no dont leave!

Nailah: Vain.. please wait! we understand! gahh!

(He roared shaking the ground around him and causing everyone else to shiver paralized. He then rushed up the volcano quickly. As the others could only stare. In pursuit however three cloaked figures followed him up the side of the volcano. Seitz blinked and shook off the paralysis then fully transformed and flew after them. Nailah soon recovered and transformed again then chased after them followed behind by Marcus who transformed as well and rushed beside her. Auno soon transformed and flew towards the volcano with Heit, Ulri, and Xalent flying after the group. Siar struggled to stand and crawled a bit trying to get to her feet)

Siar: damn it… Vain.. so strong… hurry! we have to go after them!




© 2012 CzatoftheMoon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on November 26, 2012
Last Updated on November 26, 2012
Tags: czat, adventure


Author

CzatoftheMoon
CzatoftheMoon

Winnie , TX



About
I am a writer of fanfiction and anime type storys but I could probobly write about anything I wanted. Dont expect much from me folks I dont think im any good at writing. more..

Writing