The beginning of my story

The beginning of my story

A Chapter by Joey
"

A young teenager that is not favoured by both her folks and she's not popular in school either. Thinking that she may have found her true love but things doesn't seem to turned out the way she want.

"
I, Emma Phillip definitely not a beauty, just a typical teenager going to university hoping to excel in studies and to find my prince charming. However, everything does not seems to go well including both my studies and my love life. Speaking about being the middle child, that is obviously not something easy. I'm not favoured by my mother nor my father. My mum loves my youngest sister, Erika as she inherited all her facial features or what I called is another younger version of mum look-alike. Mum loves fashion and so do Erika, she shops frequently with Erika in those shopping malls which sell expensive and luxury goods.I know that mum secretly hopes that Erika will be able to marry someone rich. Erika is the prettiest among the three of us but she's not as pure as she looks. I know that she is the one who pull a prank on my next door neighbour, Renee and had caused her mum to kick her out of her house due to some misunderstandings and the worse is, she don't hold any regret in doing it. Dad prefers someone who is smart and brilliant just like my elder sister, Evelyn, a doctor. Evelyn is caring and kind-hearted, she couldn't even kill an ant and whats more doing bad things behind people's back. She has compassion in every single living creatures living on earth including me. She's the only person that cares about me in the family. However, she got married with Andrew and moved out to stay with him. Andrew originally wanted to court Erika but he didn't get the chance to as he's not from a rich family and ended up getting Evelyn instead. I truly hope that Evelyn gets her happiness and lived happily with Andrew. She even asked me to move out with her as she know that I am not happy staying there. I never want to interrupt her marriage life with Andrew so i rejected her request although deep in heart i really want to say 'yes'.
Kringggg......the piercing sound of my alarm clock really annoys me most of the time but I do need its help to wake me up on time. I wanted to dressed up like a sweet girl, well who knows, you might bump into your prince charming anytime, anywhere. In the end, i ended up wearing a t-shirt with a boyfriend jeans due to time constraint. Well, this is how my story begins, it all started when I was on my way to my Microeconomics class. Actually, I didn't know where is my class. Walking around the campus blocks searching for my class really makes me tired. I bumped into a guy, knowing that he is my only chance to find my class, I decided to gathered up my courage and ask him for the venue of my class. Unexpectedly, he's also a new student, just like me looking for his class. When I showed him my timetable, he smiled broadly, I can't stop staring at his smile as it really captures my heart,like sort of make my heart beat stop for a while. He said that we are classmates and he started to introduce his name to me. I got to know his name is Taylor Kendrix. We entered the class after asking for directions from the toilet janitor. We were siting next to each other. He's kinda cute, not so to the hot type of guys, but more to the sweet type. We have lunch and dinner together and its really good to be around him. I even study for my finals with him, he's willing to guide me in the subject that I don't understand. I must admit that I'm a little bit slow and dumb but he never complain, he just teach me continuously in order for me to understand the subject. The black beady eyes of his really look like they are talking when he was teaching me. I find it hard to concentrate whenever I am around him. My heart really melts when he winked at me, I think I couldn't camouflage my feelings anymore and my cheeks blushed. There is one thing that I don't like about him: he likes to flirt and he always flirts with me and other girls as well. He may not look like one but I think he's a playboy. Why in this world am I falling for a playboy? He made lot of friends in our Microeconomics class. I mix around with other girls too in my Financial Accounting class as this is a way for me to forget him. Days after days, I got closer to Beth, Jojo, and Grace while Taylor got closer with his group of friends, Barry, Emily and Celine. We are busy with our own group assignments and test conducted by our teachers. I used to hangout with Taylor for lunch and dinner but now he has his own friends, we hardly even talked to each other. In the morning of Tuesday, Emily approached me and asked me and Beth if we want to join as the event committee and help her in the charity event. Well, we agreed without thinking twice as it is obligatory to be a committee member for an event for every degree student. Emily told us that a good friend of her is organising the event so we wouldn't really need to be interviewed in order to be a commitee for the event, we just need to meet the president of the event and have an ice breaking session with him in order to get to know each another. The day of our first meeting has finally come, me, Beth, Emily, Barry, Celine and Taylor( he was one of the committee member too, which is one of my main reason to join the event, okey, I know that I'm supposed to forget about him but I can't) was waiting for the president join us for dinner. Finally, he came to meet us for dinner. He was unexpectedly tall, fair-skinned and funny. He's not a hottie or a cutie pie, just a moderate looking guy. Although he is a president for the event which is kinda big shot while we are just nobody, he didn't even pull a face or brag about himself. He is all humble and willing to hear our stories. He apparently tries to made all of us to mix around well without knowing that we are actually classmates. I am shy with new people especially with guys. Me and Beth doesn't seems to blend well with the rest of the commitee of the event other than our classmates( Emily,Barry,Celine,and Taylor) and the president seems to noticed us. Before I continue any further with my story, the name of the president of the event is Isaac.


© 2013 Joey


Author's Note

Joey
what do you think of the story so far?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like your story, keep me updated.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 26, 2013
Last Updated on July 26, 2013
Tags: Love# Friendship # Family


Author

Joey
Joey

Somewhere on Earth



About
A dreamer, loves to travel, enjoy doing things by herself, enjoy writing stories during leisure time. Feel free to drop by and comment on my writings. You may add me as a FRIEND here and I will keep y.. more..

Writing
First Job First Job

A Chapter by Joey


Hello Ms Ripley Hello Ms Ripley

A Book by Joey


First Impression First Impression

A Chapter by Joey