Nothing Lasts Forever

Nothing Lasts Forever

A Chapter by Joey
"

Knowing that Andrew, Evelyn's husband having a mistress, Emma is starting to lose faith in love. She begins to think that nothing lasts forever..

"
Kringggg....oh god...it's the damn phone again, who's calling me so early in the morning ? 
My little princess, have you wake up yet? it's me, do you remember that we are suppose to have lunch together and you must accompany me to shop around ? said Evelyn. Oh my gosh, I am so sorry, I totally forgot about it. I'm gonna clean myself up and prepare myself up and meet you at the mall. Then, you better hurry up, said Evelyn. Okey, bye sis, said me.

Brushing my teeth with the speed of light is practically one of my expertise. I am ready to go after 15 minutes. Here comes the hard part, by walking out the house using the front door without mom and Erika noticing is one hard thing to do. If one of them notices me, they will drag me and beg me to bring them along which ultimately cause us to pay for everything they buy in the shopping mall( Not to forget that they are shopaholic that hunt for branded goods only).

Well, this time, I have a better idea. I'm going say that I'm going for a date. This will be a good cover up for it since I'm wearing dress today, provided that I hardly wear dresses unless I attend wedding dinner or some special occasion only. Walking down the stairs, I try to peek around to see if mum or Erika is around, then dad appear out of nowhere, telling me that mum and Erika are out with their friends. I didn't lie to my dad about where I am going as he didn't even bother to ask me. This is not something unusual as he never make the effort to understand me. As I mentioned earlier, no one understand my feelings except Evelyn. I took cab to the mall although Evelyn insist on picking me up but I just didn't want to trouble her. 

Ohlala..here I am infront of the main entrance of the mall. I spotted Eve in a yellow high-waisted shorts with black hoodie. She greeted me with a hug, a warm one. First, we have our lunch at the Italiannies, the spaghetti was awesome, although it is pricey, but I guess, the food is worth the price that we have paid.

While we are entering shop by shops, i thought I noticed someone that is familiar. Most probably, I have seen it wrongly or maybe not. Oh noo.....I can't be seeing the wrong thing twice. Its Andrew, and he's with another woman, I don't know who as her back is facing me. He was kissing the woman passionately and wrapping his arm aound her waist. I got really shocked and try to pull Eve away from this sight. I can't let her see this, she's feeling so blissful now, at least for now. I told her that I'm feeling sick and I need plenty of rest. She send me home and even planned to stay back to take care of me. Seeing this happening to my sister, somehow, I come to understand that there is no such thing as true love in this world, well, at least not in the world that I know. You may say that today is the day I lose faith in love. 

The next day, I called up Andrew and ask to meet up with him. He agreed to see me, I guess he still didn't know that I saw him with another woman yesterday. He saw me from far and waved at me. I was so pissed that when I walked towards him, I gave him a tight slap. This slap is meant for mistreating my sister, Evelyn. He was still puzzled and clueless , nevertheless, he pulled my hand away and shouted at me. He looked as if he's going to slap me back.


© 2013 Joey


Author's Note

Joey
ignore grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like how the story goes, everyone seems to have flaw in their personalities..Afterall no one is perfect. I am rooting for Isaac and Emma to be together

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 12, 2013
Last Updated on August 12, 2013
Tags: Love# Unfaithful # Family #


Author

Joey
Joey

Somewhere on Earth



About
A dreamer, loves to travel, enjoy doing things by herself, enjoy writing stories during leisure time. Feel free to drop by and comment on my writings. You may add me as a FRIEND here and I will keep y.. more..

Writing
First Job First Job

A Chapter by Joey


Hello Ms Ripley Hello Ms Ripley

A Book by Joey


First Impression First Impression

A Chapter by Joey