Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by I've Killed Lions
"

Chapter 1

"

After breakfast we all just laid out in the living room to watch some good old T.V to get out of awkward silences. Lynn wanted to watch the news. I didn’t care. Haley just wanted to watch something. So, the news it was. Lynn grabbed the remote and as soon as she turned on the TV the voice of the anchorwomen said “welcome to the channel 9 news we are now covering a live press conference with our President Richard Dowling”. All of our heads snapped toward the TV. Nobody really knows how he became president; there was no election after it happened. He one day just popped out as president and this was his first press conference. Leave it to Lynn to know when to watch the T.V. We all listened in to his very first words to the country as President.

“My fellow Americans, I assure you that all will be fine. Though we look outside and see disaster, inwardly we are still strong. Even though Lady Liberty has fallen our spirits are still high. No force can oppose our American spirit that has passed through the test of time. As long as we all stay united as one I know for a fact that our beloved country will make it through one of it’s darkest times. I am currently planning to meet with whoever from congress is left and discuss future plans to reassure our nation’s strength and unity. That is all for today”

With those ending words the TV flashed off and we all looked to Lynn. Her confused look said it all, it wasn’t her. I looked around and saw Uncle Gregory with the remote… I guess he doesn’t like TV, either that or the new President. “Children that is enough TV for today” he said as he left the room. We were all grateful for him taking all of us in but sometimes he was just weird. We looked at each other and we knew what we were going to do today. After it happened schools was pretty much inexistent and so were malls and anything else we would usually go but we found a place where we could just hang out. It was just a few blocks from the house we all lived in. We found it one day when we were walking, we randomly decided to just go into the woods there and we found a clearing with a little stream next to it. It was one of the few places we could just lay down and relax without the sadness of a broken civilization. Sometimes and it’s a rare sometimes we would see birds and hear their missed songs, but now we were just heading there to get out of the house.



© 2011 I've Killed Lions


Author's Note

I've Killed Lions
Sorry for the long interval between writting... i was really busy, i hope y'all enjoy the firsdt chapter

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like it :) keep writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


After the first paragraph you had me hooked :) Great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very good chapter. You got my attention. I like the lead character. A lot of mystery and question is raised by your description of his view and life. I look forward to reading more. Left a open door for the next chapter.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


I, for one, enjoyed it. I like the President's name.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 21, 2011
Last Updated on March 13, 2011
Tags: story, chapter


Author

I've Killed Lions
I've Killed Lions

..., HI



About
I am still a new writer but I have my hand in poetry and now writing fiction. PLEASE READ AND REVIEW MY WORK Lets see... I am a Christian. I try my best to serve God with my life and I love.. more..

Writing