Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by I've Killed Lions

M had all of us get into some sort of black jeep, but this jeep was different than the others ones I familiarized myself with. I looked bigger and stronger than all of the vehicles after it happened. It’s out shell was think and the windows tints were pitch black. It only got stranger once we sat down inside. The front of the jeep had a high-tech navigational system with a radar and a lot of others things on the dash board that I couldn’t make out. The back was normal. It had three seats in the back row. That was where we all sat. I was put in the middle probably for being the youngest out of the three even if it was only by less than a year. I was 16 and Lyn and Haley were both 17. Haley beat Lyn to oldest by a month. However, I was the largest being the only boy in our group.

                After about a twenty minute ride through initially the forest that eventually turned into an open waste land we came up to a bunker. “That’s probably the place they had us when we were interrogated,” I thought to myself. Two large metal doors opened automatically and the jeep continued in until we finally made our stop in a parking structure. The ride had been quite for the most part other than Lyn humming nervously and Haley tapping her foot and knees in an also nervous rhythm. The tension caused by uncertainty was what was on my mind for the whole ride. Question flew through my head. Where are we going? What are we going to do? Who exactly are these people? With each question I played an imaginary scenario through my head. Each scenario had a different ending, but nothing that I came up with in my head could have possibly prepared me for what I saw next.

                We exited the parking structure through a door towards the end of it and entered into what seemed like an underground metropolis. I could see the expressions on Haley and Lyn’s faces which we probably the same as mine. They were shocked. We haven’t seen a city this alive since what seemed like a life time ago. I looked up and saw an artificial sky and judging by the position of the fake sun it was around noon. My assumption was confirmed when I looked toward my left and saw a clock tower that read 12:30. The clock tower was the edge of the city. Toward my right were fields that were the other edge. In the city of this underground city was a tower. It was the tallest and the biggest off this whole city. It reached at least fifteen stories high.

“This is our central base,” M said. He most likely notices our states of shock and wanted to break it. “This is one of the four and soon to be five underground cities that we have built since it happened. This is also the biggest. The fields that make a wall that ends our city supplies us with the resources we need. We get our water from an underground spring that is located outside of the city. Our current population is 31 but there is plenty of room to expand. We only want certain people to know about us. Therefore only certain people can live here, and out of those few who do only a handful of them are allowed to leave.” We all only nodded to show that we heard him. We were all still in shock. “Let these men lead you to your new home,” M finished as he gestured to a few men in a dark blue uniform. I stopped them as I started to understand what M had just said.

“Wait!” I exclaimed, “If this is suppose to be our new home does that mean we are part of the majority who cannot leave? What about our Uncle Gregory? We can’t just leave him and not say anything. It would break him!” Uncle Gregory found all of us after it happened. We were all young. I was only around four or five when it happened. I can barely remember it and my life before it. Now, I was standing in front of an underground city. The artificial sky stood about 300 feet above the floor of the city. Everything here seemed all so fake. I was lost in my thoughts but I came into reality just in time to pick up on M’s answer.

“Yes, this is your new home, but no you will not have to stay here indefinitely. I brought you here for a purpose and that purpose includes you leaving the city. As for Gregory… let me just say that he knows more than you think he does and you should see him soon,” M trailed off in his words. He led us to a building close to the entrance. It had a map of the city on it and the clock tower was the southern end. It showed me and everyone else to be at the Center of Information and Security. The two glass sliding doors opened as we approached and we were led inside.



© 2012 I've Killed Lions


Author's Note

I've Killed Lions
I didn't know exactly where to take this story but this is a new direction that just took off in my head. I am not sure if it flows with the previous parts of the story but I am sure to continue it soon.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm loving the new direction! by the way, you'll need to edit a previous chapter and re-tell everyone's ages.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I had to re-read the complete story. I like the flow of the story and the characters. I look forward to see where you taking the story. Thank you for sharing this outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 10, 2012
Last Updated on January 10, 2012


Author

I've Killed Lions
I've Killed Lions

..., HI



About
I am still a new writer but I have my hand in poetry and now writing fiction. PLEASE READ AND REVIEW MY WORK Lets see... I am a Christian. I try my best to serve God with my life and I love.. more..

Writing