Prologue: The Dragon War

Prologue: The Dragon War

A Chapter by Khance
"

This is the basic concept idea. I'll probably change it if i can think of anything better.

"

Dragons, the mythical beings that existed centuries ago had always placed great fear on the Nations of Awe. Such a proud nation could not bear to be second best to these creatures and tried to reassert themselves as the more powerful race. Mages were the first to try and combat the beasts, however their efforts failed miserably as their attacks didn’t even reach to the sky. The Kingdom was at a loss as to what to do, seeing as the skies were plagued and none had a solution. Whilst the guilds speculated on the best way to combat the winged demons, it was a young engineer that came up with the solution. Taking his drawings to the royal palace, he presented his idea. Everyone in the war room had ridiculed the man, but only stopped at their King’s command. It was King Anthon III that contracted the first of the Engineer’s designs. Many people to this day wonder who it was that came up with such a strange concept... an undertaking that was so daring, It would shape the future of the world. In this day and age, the citizens of Awe would laugh at you if you mentioned a dragon, such things apparently never existed. The kingdom and the loyal members of the Mages Guild still know the histories of what happened all those years ago. The Dragon war and Man’s first ever method of retaliation, the Sky Ship.



© 2008 Khance


Author's Note

Khance
This is just the basic Prologue, you can rate it if you want. I dont know when i will update the story itself. Tell me if you want to read more about it... :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

For this subject matter- at least with what I perceive may be the subject, a more "haunting, or erie" prologue would better suit.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I really like this so far, even though I'm not one who usually reads books where dragons are made evil, but I'll keep reading! Nice write, keep it up! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Not my type of story, but I read it anyways, LOL.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This definately grabs my attention! I'm going to read more right now....!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

450 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 29, 2008


Author

Khance
Khance

Dundalk, Ireland



About
People are reassured when they think you know what you're doing... Being honest, I make all of this up as I go along... When somebody complains, then i might stop :D more..

Writing
Altitude Altitude

A Chapter by Khance



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hearth of Gold Hearth of Gold

A Chapter by Khance


All I Have All I Have

A Chapter by Alexia Gray


Blind Blind

A Poem by Amy