Chapter 4: Cemetary

Chapter 4: Cemetary

A Chapter by Knoxxeh

The sun shines brighter than I’ve seen in a long time, but the feeling of sadness doesn’t seem to faultier. I give Rose a hug and say to her I’ll probably need a place to stay tonight again. Though she gives me a strange look then says that I can stay as long as I like.  I walk out the room and down the hall to the backdoor I had entered in last night. It snowed last night or rained it was a clear night sky full of moonlight and starlight, unlike my nightmare. Maybe some days I do wish I never got that letter, but my sister means the world to me and I would want to know. So in some strange way I’m glad I was given the letter. But the nightmares just seem unbearable sometimes and so real. Some days I feel like I will never wake up, and when and if that day comes I will wish that death have mercy on me and rid me of my nightmares.

I stop walking through town for a second and breath in the sweet smell of wet grass and a fresh morning. Trying to calm myself and forget about all the problems I stand and try to focus on the positive. Funny thing is when my sister could be dead and my parents are definitely dead, with everyone around here scared of me the up side to this situation seems nonexistent. I pass many people while walking up the street; none of them look at me. They don’t give me even a glance and when they do its one of fright. When I get to close people move away, it’s like the black plague and I’m the infected rat.

I turn the corner of the street and hit the large stomach of a tall man, I stumble backwards and as I regain my balance I look up and see that it’s Mr. Stein. Now the thing about the man is that, he wasn’t just another person. What I mean by that is that if you had ever met Mr. Stein you could never forget him no matter how long you leave Charleston. He had a bright personality and he never forgot a face. “Jonathan, my boy you’ve seemed to have grown up so much since you’ve been gone.” He pulls me in for a big hug suffocating me with his fierce grip, He struggles away or a second to push me back a little but keeping hole of my shoulders. His expression seemed sad. “I am so sorry for all your losses.” He give me another bone crushing hug as I stiffen to try and give the hint I’m not in the best mood. I smile and I thank him for his kindness which in honesty was what I needed. We bid farewell to each other and I continue my path as he continues his.

The walk from the Inn to the cemetery was longer than I had expected, I did decide to take the long way though and go around town than right through it. Once I get to the gate I try to remember exactly where the letter told me my parents were buried. I start to walk through it passing gave stone after grave stone. The feeling of discomfort starts to get to me as I keep looking for my parents places. I see someone in the distance and start to run to him or her, while getting closer I realize that it’s a man. Not only that but it’s a priest flicking holy water over the grave stones of some people. I get a little closer and read the name Crippen on one of the graves. “What are you doing?” I ask the man as I get closer.

“Helping these people make peace these evil souls.” The man continues to sprinkle holy water on my parent’s grave stones.

“Can I ask you to stop?” The man stops for a moment and looks back at me, when he looks at my face he seems stunned. He turns completely and his skin seems to get paler.

“Y-you’re their son Jonathan.” I shake my head yes and let him continue. “Your parents were terrible people who still torment even after death.” He runs off after that, into the woods next to the cemetery as I shake my head at what I just saw trying to forget I go over to my parent’s graves. The sight of the two stones made the letter so much more real, tears started pour out of my eyes. I sit there until dusk as I lay my head back my eyes start to shut and the nightmare starts again.

 



© 2012 Knoxxeh


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Of course I can only a gree it is a good chapter, but you need to spend time going back fixing those ruff spots. Not ae many but a few. Yet again. I doubt you will heed anyones advice except your own. Moving on.

Posted 12 Years Ago


In the first sentence, "faultier" is spelled falter. Otherwise this chapter is well written.
I'm very intrigued by the mystery. Now I'm wondering if there really is evil afoot, if the character's family is to blame, or if something else unforeseen is going on? Great job keeping up the angle of suspense. This is some fine work, which I must continue to read.

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. Jake Donald Stephens
.memberID. 006
.name. Jake
.username. DesertKing
.novels. Cliff, The Cult, Back To The Shack
.status. Admin, Role Model, Novelist, noelwrimo Champion
.noelwrimo. 30,271
.join date. 03-24-2011

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the meeting with the only friendly face in the city. I like the incident at the graveyard. The mystery is getting stronger. I like how you ended this excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


it’s a priest flicking holy water over the grave stones of some people.-it's a priest flipping holy water over tombstones.
I wonder why he would be sorry that he's parents died though they were abusive to him and his sister? i guess he's just sad because he has no one...
novelists.elite.info.
.display. DayDreamer54
.memberID. 010
.name. Patricia
.username. johncenagirl54
.novels. - - - -
.status. Early Reader
.join date. 04-19-2011


Posted 12 Years Ago


What was up with that guy? He was weird and he seemed to know some stuff. The plot is starting to thicken. I loved this chapter, i think it was the best one yet. Reading on :)

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. Julie Beth
.memberID. 014
.name. Julie
.username. polarjulie32
.novels. Unexpected
.status. Early Reader, Early Writer
.join date. 07-15-11

Posted 12 Years Ago


This a perfect chapter. I wouldn't change a single thing.
.novelists.elite.info.
.display. .quan.011.
.memberID. 011
.name. Quan
.username. Qmembers
.novels. Imperfect Humans, Imperfect Weapons
.status. Early Reader, noelwrimo Contestant
.noelwrimo. 24,796
.join date. 05-29-11


Posted 12 Years Ago


dun dun dun :) the last part was really effective. .novelists.elite.info.
.display. .ana.008.

.memberID. 008
.name. Arianna
.username. nerdypenguin2427

.novels. Right Side Up, The Bigger Sister, Fear

.status. Novelist, Role Model

.join date. 04-03-2011
your doing a really good job :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

526 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 16, 2012
Last Updated on February 16, 2012


Author

Knoxxeh
Knoxxeh

Farmington, NY



About
Hello my name is Wesley, i am a writer and i will always be a writer its my favorite thing to do because life can be boring at times but i can create a world where i can do anything be anybody that's .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Wondering thoughts Wondering thoughts

A Chapter by Pax


old fashion romantic old fashion romantic

A Chapter by Pax