Chapter 12: Run, run

Chapter 12: Run, run

A Chapter by Knoxxeh

    My head is pounding as my eyes flicker open and the bright sunlight comes into my eye blinding me. As my eyes adjust to the brightness I sit up on the edge of the bed and look to see that a glass of water is sitting on the nightstand. Why cant I remember what happened last night. I place my hand onto my forehead feeling the bandages around my hairline. The room had a scent of sweet air in it as I breath it in I feel so much more alive than before, The walls had the design of water on it waves of the ocean.
    I walk to the window and look out to see the rest of the town of Charleston so where was I? No picture in the room were of the family that owns this house, because it certainly wasn't the Inn due to the fact that I could see it out the window. My fingers graze the top of the desk the wood was smooth and of the finest fashion, whoever this was they were wealthy. Why am I here though? Where was I last night?
    The doorknob shakes as it begins to turn completely, the door creaked as it opens revealing Rose with a tray of food. I pull up my sleeve to look at my watch, a courtier past eight. "Morning." Her voice is stern like she is angry at something or someone, did I do something?
    "Morning..." I reply as she places the tray onto the night stand by the glass of water. She lifts my hair above the wound and takes the bandages off. "What happened, last night after we jumped out the window." The look on her face changes many times from sadness to happiness to anger maybe.
    "It's in the past Johnathan yours and mine. Best not talk about it." I give her a strange look then decide to just except it and move on.
    "Where are we?" I asked as the door opened again entering Mr. Stein this time, his look is rather frightened. This comes to quite a shock I've never seen Mr. Stein when he wasn't happy and cheerful. Looking at Rose trying to show her I was confused she just looked at Mr. Stein.
    "Thank you very much." Rose says to him as he motions for Rose to sit down, he plops down  in a chair crosses his legs and hides his face in his hand.
    "I don't know what to do anymore." He says starting to weep. "She's my precious little girl but she acts like shes possessed." I shoot up out of the bed, finding out who that little girl that's what I want to know.
    "W-where is she." I try to say compassionately. "I spent a lot of my life believing Ghost weren't real but since being back I'm starting to think differently." I look at Rose who just stares at the floor. "Can I see her." Mr. Stein nods as he gets up and walks out of the room as we get up to follow i see the art and fancy pieces that hang on the wall. "Didn't know you were into art this much Mr. Stein." Rose says from behind me.
    "I'm not, my wife is." He stops and the sadness goes deeper now. "was, my wife was." I look back and see Roses face turn red as she looks back at the floor away from the art. Once we make it to the door of the little girls room, the door appears to be locked. Pushing on the door I can hear the whispers of a little girl.  I back up and kick the door open, the room is completely dark because of the curtains keeping the light out. I flick the switch and see something that even surprises me.
    Mr. Stein pushes past me to hold his little girl her wrist were mutilated by the piece of wood that lays next to her.
"Run, run out of your mind
Lock it up tight before the devils inside."
    The little girl says her sad sobbing tone, looking up I see that the words are on the wall sprawled in blood.
"Run, run out in the streets
The devils found you and he's making you shriek"
    The girl stared at the wall at least from my perspective it seemed, I stand by Mr. Stein and kneel down to him. Her eyes are none responsive I snap my fingers in front of her and no reaction. "It's like shes dead." Rose says while in the corner of my eye I see the figure of a girl, I turn my head to look and the figure I saw was gone.
    "No shes breathing, she is even talking it's more like she's asleep, with her eyes open." The girls head turns quickly and stares at me, I step back a few steps hitting the wall. I touch my hand to the wall realizing the blood was fresh.
"Run, run before you die
Because the devils come close and he hates your kind"
    The little girls eyes close then  as she goes limp in her fathers arms but her breathing still continues. he places her in bed and backs up towards us wiping the tears away. "Help me bandage her up before she looses to much blood." Rose and I walk to the closet and find some medical wraps.
    "Shes here." I look at Rose who looks behind her when I mention  it. "She is everywhere I go and I don't understand why." I see the wraps as Rose picks them up, she gives me a fake smile and walks back to Mr. Stein.
    "Mr. Stein..." I say
    "Please call me Henry." He wipes more tears from his eyes.
    "Ok Henry, may I borrow your car." He seems confused and then nods his head in agreement feeling his pockets for his keys. I hear the jingle of them in one as he pulls him  out and tosses them to me.
    "Where are you going."
    I look out the window then at Rose who nods as I look back at Henry I take a deep breath. "I'm going home."


© 2012 Knoxxeh


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

wesley pell hollifield. IM GONNA HAVE NIGHTMARES! worse than usual because of you. THAT WAS NOT OKAY. but really good. ill go trough it for technical stuff later. but its good content wise. your brain scares me! novelists.elite.info.
.display. .ana.008.
.memberID. 008
.name. Arianna
.username. nerdypenguin2427
.novels. Right Side Up, The Bigger Sister, Fear
.status. Novelist, Role Model
.join date. 04-03-2011


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



Compartment 114
Compartment 114
FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars

Reviews

THIS IS SO CREEPY in an amazing way. Oh my god each chapter something even cooler happens and oh my god its just so good. I agree with Ana, i might just have nightmare tonight. Sorry it took so long to review i haven't been on her as much but i will, reading onn :D

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. Julie Beth
.memberID. 014
.name. Julie
.username. polarjulie32
.novels. Unexpected
.status. Early Reader, Early Writer
.join date. 07-15-11

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well that was interesting, And expected. Great story so far to bad I am almost out of chapters. I wish there was a lot more for me to read. First person and. All better than James Paterson novel Toys. Of course I realy don't care for his writing. He makes the reader feel stupid and lower than himself. Oh well moving on.

Posted 12 Years Ago


wesley pell hollifield. IM GONNA HAVE NIGHTMARES! worse than usual because of you. THAT WAS NOT OKAY. but really good. ill go trough it for technical stuff later. but its good content wise. your brain scares me! novelists.elite.info.
.display. .ana.008.
.memberID. 008
.name. Arianna
.username. nerdypenguin2427
.novels. Right Side Up, The Bigger Sister, Fear
.status. Novelist, Role Model
.join date. 04-03-2011


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

348 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 12, 2012
Last Updated on March 12, 2012


Author

Knoxxeh
Knoxxeh

Farmington, NY



About
Hello my name is Wesley, i am a writer and i will always be a writer its my favorite thing to do because life can be boring at times but i can create a world where i can do anything be anybody that's .. more..

Writing



Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5