Stage 3: Adult

Stage 3: Adult

A Chapter by Xerclipse
"

K-12 becomes a fully grown man. The mysterious Angel of Death will still attempt to end K-12's life.

"

K-12 is now a fully grown adult within a month. He has short brown hair and his eyes are green. He stands in a field of androids.

 

Cain: Now K-12, I want you to annihilate these robots. It should be a simple task for you. Can you do that?

 

K-12: Yes master.

 

Cain: Good, now begin.

 

The androids start to fire at K-12. He swiftly dodges the bullets and obliterates the androids one by one with his fists. He grabs one of them and throws it onto the last remaining one.

 

Cain: My oh my, how much more fun can this be for you?

 

K-12: Fun? Does that exist? If so how do we feel it?

 

Cain: Oh well Fun is a feeling that we all enjoy when we are happy. But you are not suppose to feel that at all. Now go and proceed onto the next tier.

 

A larger group of androids spawn. Cain walks away laughing.

 

Cain: Fun? why does he question about the emotions?

 

Cain steps into the room where Tomislav died. He looks at the container and stares at it.

 

Cain: Oh boy I can't really stop remembering about my times as a child. My mommy and daddy were the devils of the world. I wished I had no emotions just like K-12 so that I would never cry when they use to toss me around into the furniture, beat me with the brooms, or whip me when they would drink. Oh well, at least emotions give me happiness. Can't judge that as black and white.

 

He starts to hear baby cries. He rolls his sleeves open and uncovers his wraps on his hands. He stares at the burn scars.

 

Cain: I guess I can't really talk down on you mommy and daddy, because you did educate me on how the world is run. It's simply by survival of the fittest and violence. In fact I finally enjoy these memories, especially when you mother...you threw the boiling water on my arms. Now I will make you proud by showing you K-12.

 

He laughs furiously. He looks down and discovers the green bottle that Dr. Tomislav used.

 

Cain: (screaming) Damn you Tomislav.

 

K-12 begins walking around in the base. K-12 bumps into Jennifer by accident. She drops her clipboard and papers.

 

Jennifer: Oh Im so sorry.

 

K-12 does not help her pick up the papers. Jennifer looks up at K-12 and she frowns. K-12 still walks ahead, and Jennifer starts to tear. K-12 turns around to Jennifer. He helps her pick up the papers. Jennifer smiles at K-12.

 

K-12: Why do I feel strange now that I have served you?

 

Jennifer: Because you have a feeling of accomplishment of your heart. It's your kindness that you served? It's not just serving me, it's being kind to me.

 

She kisses K-12 on the cheek. He still has no emotion.

 

Cain: What the hell did I just see?

 

Jennifer: Oh nothing sir. It's just that...

 

Cain: (Screaming) Do you realize what you have just done?

 

The alarm goes off again.

 

Announcer: The Angel of Death has returned, I repeat the Angel of Death has returned.

 

Cain: Damn you Angel, what in the hell do you want?

 

To be continued



© 2012 Xerclipse


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oooooh!! :D Must. Keep. Reading. (;

Posted 11 Years Ago


Moves fast, dialogue is action packed, as opposed to long action description sequences. Those clutter the pacing up.

I wish when Cain starts screaming, he becomes more inarticulate and less flat.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

Yeah that should work since he is an irrational man...very very irrational indeed. Im glad you read .. read more
"K-12: Fun? Does that exist? If so how do we feel it?"
If he doesn't know what it is how does he know it's a feeling?
You keep saying he has no emotion when he does. Without emotion he wouldn't have helped Jennifer. Oh, why is he doing what anyone there says? Because it's all he knows? Oh, if he had no emotion he would have no drive to do anything because he just plain wouldn't care if he lived or died or anything.
I'm kinda confused as to what is going on exactly and why there appear to be no background characters (aside from guards) but otherwise I like your story so far.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like this follow up to the last two chapters, but i have a question. How exactly does K-12 annihilate the robots? Does he have a weapon? Crush them with his fists? I think you need to add that in their. But I like how it looks like K-12 is starting to have at least a little bit of emotion, its good for him!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

326 Views
4 Reviews
Added on June 23, 2012
Last Updated on July 15, 2012


Author

Xerclipse
Xerclipse

http://xerclipse.deviantart.com/gallery/, NY



About
Hey people of Writer's cafe, what's up? You may call me Xerclipse and its about a year since I had this. I am 18 years old and I am at Mass Art right now! I write books with a lot of action and vio.. more..

Writing