Ch1

Ch1

A Chapter by Cy!

Chapter 1


“None of us really change over time.

We just become more fully what we are.” - Anne Rice



“Put it down Eve.” Mrs.Smith said for the third time, from the couch.


I held a dart and was aiming it at the target board in front of me on the wall. We were in the basement which was Mr.Smith’s ‘man-cave’, so he called it.


I gave in and dropped the dart, I groaned. “I’m so bored. You guys are no fun.”


I kicked the dart that I dropped on the floor, across the room. Then, I sat on the couch where Mrs.Smith was sitting, watching The Twilight Zone. Her black hair was tied up in a messy bun, and her blue eyes were glued to the television.


Mrs.Smith had a kind face, but icy confident eyes. She had a grey streak of hair that escaped from her bun, lazily tickling her face.


“Well, I offered you to go shopping, but you refused.” She says not removing her eyes from the television.


I sigh. “That’s because we have to walk, for hours! And my precious feet can’t take that kind of abuse.”


I rub the bottom of my feet, which are covered in fuzzy socks, at the thought of walking through a mall.


“Either that reason,” Mrs.Smith says. “Or the fact you talk to your imaginary friends wherever you go, and people think you’re-”


“Weird?”


“Different.” Mrs.Smith finishes.


I take Ted my stuffed bunny, who is laying next to me, and hug him close to my chest. I found Ted in a park one day when my parents took me to the park to make some friends.


“Look mom,” I said that day. “I made a new friend!”


I held up the mangled bunny in front of me, excited. But, my mother had frowned.


“Honey, I said go make friends. Not find garbage off the floor.”


When she made a move to grab my new friend, I screamed, until she gave in and let me keep him. She said I could only keep him, if I had let her wash him, and stitch him up.


I reluctantly agreed.


When she finished washing and stitching him, he smelled like vanilla beans.


I had laughed. “Mom, you made him smell like a girl!”


She raised her eyebrows. “Oh, he’s a boy then?”


She sprayed him all over with cologne. “There.” She had said. “Now he’s manly.”


We had joked the whole night about his manliness. Mom even suggested we name him Ted. Because he was so much better than the other bunnies, that he resembled a grizzly bear.



Now in the basement, I press my mouth close to Ted’s ears and whisper, “Don’t listen to that crazy old lady. She doesn’t know how awesome you are.”


Mrs.Smith rolls her eyes but smiles. “Okay, I’m going to go get some more food for you and Ted to eat. You guys and John hold the fort down while I’m gone.”


She gets up off the couch and shuffles her way upstairs. I want to remind her Ted doesn’t need to eat but don’t see the point.


I hear someone else coming downstairs. I go forward to dive for the remote, only to have it taken way before I can touch it. From the momentum of my dive, my white hair flips forward onto my face.


I blow out a puff of air blowing the hair out of my face, and groan for what seems to be the hundredth time today.


“No fair, Jean I waited for her to be done for five hours.”


I turn and glare at Jean who is holding the remote, smiling wickedly at me. He is wearing a red plaid shirt, and black jeans. His brown hair is wild and uncombed on his head, and he stares at me with teasing hazel eyes.


“Pfft. You’re exaggerating.”


Okay maybe I was. “Gimmie!” I shout, jumping up to grab the remote from him.


It’s no use though, because he easily dodges my attack, and he has an advantage with me being shorter than him.


“I don’t think so little sister.”  He jokes.


He knows that really annoys me when he calls me that. Especially since I have only been legally qualified as his sister as of last week. I also hate when he brings up my adoption.


I stick my tongue out at him and pout.


“You stink.” I say scrunching up my nose. “Literally.”


“That’s because I’ve spent all day tracking down this.” He pulled out a folded, wrinkled, sheet of paper from his back pocket.


“How long has it been since you showered?” I ask.


Jean ignores me and unfolds the paper from his pocket. “Take a look at this.”


I take the paper from his hand and look at it. On top of the paper it says Criminal List, and below it are gruff faces I don’t recognize.


I raise my eyebrows and  “What is this for?”


Jean face suddenly goes very serious. “The suspects of who murdered your mother.”




© 2016 Cy!


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Liked the begining - it really drew me in. Your dialogue flow is really well done - what a pleasure to read. I read it right to the end, wondering of where it was going to take me - the result

I WASN'T DISSAPOINTED...
Gripping- that's the perfect word for this piece.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cy!

7 Years Ago

Thanks you. I'm glad you liked it. I didn't know if I should continue this or not, but I'm going to.. read more



Reviews

Liked the begining - it really drew me in. Your dialogue flow is really well done - what a pleasure to read. I read it right to the end, wondering of where it was going to take me - the result

I WASN'T DISSAPOINTED...
Gripping- that's the perfect word for this piece.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cy!

7 Years Ago

Thanks you. I'm glad you liked it. I didn't know if I should continue this or not, but I'm going to.. read more
One fascinating, skillfully written opener.
Cliff-hanger ending is always a good way to go.
Strikes me as very promising, LG!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cy!

7 Years Ago

Thanks you, chapter is coming out today so check it out soon :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

314 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 17, 2016
Last Updated on November 22, 2016


Author

Cy!
Cy!

Albany, NY



About
hi i like reading, writing, video games, drawing holy crap i made this account a long time ago about time i change my bio? I have decided to move my writing to different website, but i also reme.. more..

Writing
Figuring it out Figuring it out

A Story by Cy!


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Cy!


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Cy!