Ch3

Ch3

A Chapter by Cy!
"

A little anime style in here. You also get to see Jean is a bit of a jerk BETTER CURSE SENSOR?!!

"

Chapter 3


“You’re entirely bonkers. But I’ll tell you a secret, all the best people are.” -Alice in Wonderland


When I am upstairs, I go to the kitchen and search everywhere for the cookies.


“I can’t find them! Jean why did you lie to me?” I whine.


Jean walks into the kitchen, clearly irritated. “Did you even look properly before accusing me of lying?”


“Yeah, I searched the whole kitchen.”


“Did you now?”


I become a little unsure of myself. “Er-kind of.”


“If I find them I get to have them all to myself.”


“W-wait.” I panic.


But he already walks over to a certain cabinet and pull out a jar that is labeled ‘cookies’. He opens the jar and pulls out a chocolate chip cookie.


“Hey, wait I wanted one!”


I walk over to him and try to stick my hand in the jar, but he just puts the cookie jar on his head.


He takes a bite out of the cookie. “Next time look more properly.”


He hands me the jar. I take it, and stick out my tongue at him. “Meanie.”


I take three cookies out of the jar and set them on a plate Jean pulled out.  I hear the front door open, and a long, tired, yawn.


Footsteps come toward the kitchen, and when they are close enough I see that it is Mr.Smith. He has on a business suit, since he came back from work. Although it some white streaks, his hair is brown. His taunting hazel eyes remind me of Jean.


When he sees me his face lights up, in a way that makes me feel special.


“Hello Everest.” Mr.Smith says. “What have you guys been up to?”


I have a cookie in my mouth so, it makes it hard to answer. Luckily, Jean takes over for me.


“We were just stealing some of Mom’s cookies.” Jean says. “Wanna join?”


Mr.Smith chuckles. “No thank you. I rather not get on your mother’s bad side today.”


I swallow my cookie, almost choking. “W-wait, we weren’t allowed to eat these?”


I turn to Jean. “Jean!


Jean laughs and shrugs. “No worries, I’ll just say I pushed you into it. And then you can come and back me up with your puppy dog eyes.” Jean imitates the whimpers of sad puppy.


Mr.Smith shakes his head. “Well, I’m going to my office, and lie low before your mother blows a fuse after she finds out you guys ate those cookies before dinner.”


After he leaves, I shoot Jean a glare. He was just using me to get away with stealing cookies. Jean looks back at me, and shrugs as if to say, ‘What?’  Pfft. As if he doesn’t know.


Just at that moment I hear the front door open and close again. “Hey guys, I’m home.”


Mrs.Smith was here. Oh crap. I turn to Jean for help, but he isn’t there anymore. Stupid, little, son of a-


“Everest.” Mrs.Smith says as she comes in the kitchen spotting me. She has groceries in her hands. When she takes in the sight of me and the cookie on the table, she drops her bags.


I can only imagine what I must look like. I have crumbs all over my face, one half eaten cookie on the plate, and a very guilty face. I might as well had the words ‘I did it’ on my forehead.


“Eve, what-” She’s practically choking on her anger. “I know, I said help yourself to whatever you want, but that was only because I thought you knew better than to eat dessert before dinner.”


“Y-yes, I’m sorry Mrs.Smith. I just-”


“And for goodness sake, call me Gina. I really hate when people call me that.”


“Sorry Mrs.S- I mean, Gina.”


Gina sits at the table with me. “Don’t worry about it. I understand it’s hard.”


Wiping my mouth I turn to her. “It was Jean.”


She raises her eyebrows. “Jean? What about him?”


“He told me, you said we could have the cookies. Then I think he ran to the basement. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have listened to him.” I say.


She doesn’t look surprised. “Ah, of course. Jean always does that. Having a sister to him probably only means he can use you, so you can take half the blame for the things he does.”


I must have had a disappointed look on my face because she said, “Oh, don’t worry. He just doesn’t know how to handle having a new sister.” Gina smiles thinking. “I remember he couldn’t even get a girlfriend at school because he was afraid to talk to girls.”


I laugh at that. “Seriously?” She can’t be serious. Jean out of all people?


“Yeah seriously, but don’t tell him I said that. And don’t worry about the cookies. I bought more ingredients to make them. Except this time I’m going to make Jean make them.”


She gets up. “I’m going to go scold Jean.”


She starts to go, but before she does she turn back around to me. “Oh, and I have something for you tomorrow.”


Now she has my interest.


“What is it?” I ask.


She smiles but, the smile doesn’t quite reach her eyes. “Let’s just say, we’re going on a little road trip.”


And then I remembered Ted.




© 2016 Cy!


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

More!!! I need to see more!!! This story is great. I love how you switch from Jean's point of view to Everest's point of view. This story is funny yet intriguing. The only problem I have is that there isn't more :) Great Job!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sira YR

7 Years Ago

Okay thanks :)
Cy!

7 Years Ago

hey i posted more. if you like let me know how you like it
Sira YR

7 Years Ago

okay, im about to read it now. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 22, 2016
Last Updated on November 29, 2016


Author

Cy!
Cy!

Albany, NY



About
hi i like reading, writing, video games, drawing holy crap i made this account a long time ago about time i change my bio? I have decided to move my writing to different website, but i also reme.. more..

Writing
Figuring it out Figuring it out

A Story by Cy!


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Cy!


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Cy!