Ch4

Ch4

A Chapter by Cy!
"

jeans view

"

Chapter 4


“Sometimes, you will never know the value of a moment,

until it becomes a memory.” -Dr.Suess


I wake up listening to the sounds of squirrels and birds outside my window. It’s peaceful, in my bedroom. It’s only peaceful like this for so long though.


I know any minute now Mom’s going to come knocking on the door, barging in without me giving her permission to come in, and ripping the warm blankets off my bed for school. Well school at home, that is.


What type of mom wakes up their child on weekdays, at 6:30 am, to start homeschooling? My mom apparently.


I close my eyes, to enjoy the peace I have for the moment. Almost as soon as I do, Mom knocks on the door, barges in, and rips the covers off me.


“Good-morning sunshine on a cloudy day!” My mom sings.


She’s being even more aggravating than usual due to  yesterday. I am seriously, about to murder someone right now. And what’s worse, Mom made me apply in for a private school. And, I am starting that tomorrow.


And all because Mom wanted to give Eve the best schooling, and make new friends or whatever. It’s funny because she didn’t bother thinking about that, with her own son.


“God, have mercyyy.” I groan under my breath.


“Oh, don’t be so dramatic.” Mom yanks back the curtains exposing death defying light into my room. I hiss.


Ignoring me she starts to leave the room.


“Hurry up, and get dressed. If you’re not dresses by the time I get back you’re in big trouble mister.”  She says. After she leaves, I drag myself out of bed to get dressed. When she says dressed, I know that she means business. I unfortunately had to learn that the hard way…


Walking in the kitchen I smell the chocolate chip pancakes that Mom always would make for me since I was small. Dad and Eve are at the table.


Dad is sipping a cup of coffee, while browsing through things on his phone. Eve is sitting at the table, her hair pulled up into a ponytail. She seems to be bored, tired, and irritated. I can sadly relate with her. Mom is at the stove cooking eggs and bacon.


Dad notices me and smiles. “Good-Morning Jean.”


I sit in the seat in between him and Eve. “Mornin’.”


Watching as Mom sets the things she prepared on the table, I yawn. “What’s with the big breakfast?”


Mom takes her seat at the table, next to Dad. “Well, you’re sister and I are going on a road trip.”


And why wasn’t I informed of this?  “Oh okay. Where are you-”


“Don’t you worry about that now Jean.” Mom answers. “It’s just a little mother-daughter time, for us that’s all.”


I am still curious to as where they are going, but when I look at Eve she shakes her head. I guess she doesn’t know either. Not that it matters. I have a load of things to do before tomorrow.


“Also Jean- that reminds me,” Mom says helping herself to her pancakes. “I need you to pick up Eves uniform when you’re father drops you off at the office, to get your guys schedule.”


And that’s another chore added to my list.


“And speaking of the the car,” Dad says. Wait who spoke of the car? “You mind cleaning mine, when I come back from work today?”


Even though he said ‘do you mind?’ I am technically supposed to say yes to anything he asks me. If I don’t, he’ll just turn it into a command.


“Yeah, no problem.” I say.


There goes my plan to binge-watch The Walking Dead on Netflix.


Eve must sense my despair because she looks at me pityingly. Stuffing pancakes covered with syrup inside her mouth she hurries,  putting her plate in the sink.


She tugs on a book-bag. “I’ll be in the car.” She says to Mom leaving.


“I’ll be there in a second.” Mom replies. She gulps down her orange juice, and gets up.


She kisses Dad on the cheek. “Bye, honey.”


“Bye, Gina.” He says. He also starts to get up. “I have to get going too Jean. I’ll be back at around seven.”


“Okay.” Mom grabs her bag and walks out, along with Dad.


From the kitchen, I hear the door shut. It takes some time to realize, but it finally came to me.


I have the house all to myself.


© 2016 Cy!


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

this was great, and now i cannot wait for the next chapter


Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
1 Review
Added on November 28, 2016
Last Updated on November 28, 2016


Author

Cy!
Cy!

Albany, NY



About
hi i like reading, writing, video games, drawing holy crap i made this account a long time ago about time i change my bio? I have decided to move my writing to different website, but i also reme.. more..

Writing
Figuring it out Figuring it out

A Story by Cy!


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Cy!


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Cy!