Ch5 (sneak peak)

Ch5 (sneak peak)

A Chapter by Cy!
"

Lockets view, and Gina and her on a "road trip" so Gina calls it.

"

Chapter 5



“You’re always thinking about escaping aren’t you? Always thinking about it… always dreaming about it…” -Unknown



I hug Ted to my chest in the backseat of the car, looking out the window. Gina offered me to take a seat shotgun, but I refused. I like the feeling of seating in the back of the car. It feels more spacious. I think of all the places she could be taking me-


“So you’re probably wondering where we’re going,” Gina says interrupting my thoughts. “So I guess I should tell you since we’re already on the road.”


I look over at her, and see that she is staring blankly at the road ahead of her. Her hands are clenched tight on the steering wheel.


I keep quiet over the long seconds of silence, even though I really want to beg her to just tell me. She lets out a sigh.


“I thought you should know, your mother and I were good friends.”


This surprises me. My mom knew her? Is that why she adopted me? I have no words so I keep silent. Gina takes that as her cue to continue.


“She would always talk about you, and how special you were. When she first had you, she kept telling me how extraordinary you were, and what you were going to be. I remember when she brought you over, so I could see you. Oh, Eve. You were just adorable…”


Watching her as she was speaking, I saw that tears started coming down her face, when I look at the rear-view mirror. Her lip trembled and she fiercely wiped away at her tears with one hand, while steering with the other.


I didn’t know what to say. I was too busy trying to calm myself so I wouldn’t be reminded of the memory of her. I bit my lip so hard with effort not to cry, I started to taste blood. I held on to Ted tighter.


Finally Gina took a few deep breaths and her face was blank and calm again. “I think I might know who killed your mother.”


At that I lift my head, around and look at her stunned. “What?” I breathe out.


She nodded. “I think I know. She worked for the F.B.I, but she also told me what kind of work she did. She couldn’t tell me everything, but talked about the project that they were working on. She said it was important, and made me swear not to tell anyone else about the project. If she ever were to get into a situation, she asked me to protect the project for her.”


Okay, I was going to add this to me and Jean’s murder investigation. “Was she working for a company?”


“Yeah.”


“What was it called?”


“She said she was working for the CGS, Confidential Government Sciences. I’m sure you know well how much your mother loved science.”


I know it well. Then I frown. “Then do you have the project the company needs?”


Gina nods. “Yes. It’s with me now.”


I look around her, expecting a box or a science-looking thing. “Umm… where?”


We come to a red light, and Gina slows the car to a stop. She masages her temples as if she’s stressed out. “I don’t think you understand, Everest.”


She looks to me. “You are the project.”




© 2016 Cy!


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh my god! Amazing! Fantastic! I did not see that twist coming! You are doing a great job. You have one spelling error where it says "At that I lift my head,around and look at her stunned. 'What.' I breath out." You need to change breath to breathe and eliminate the comma after head. But those are just grammar issues which can be fixed when you go back and edit, but the story is great and im interested to find out what happens next.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sira YR

7 Years Ago

You're welcome. :)
Cy!

7 Years Ago

I did the whole chapter if you wanna see it now
Sira YR

7 Years Ago

Yeah, I do.



Reviews

Oh my god! Amazing! Fantastic! I did not see that twist coming! You are doing a great job. You have one spelling error where it says "At that I lift my head,around and look at her stunned. 'What.' I breath out." You need to change breath to breathe and eliminate the comma after head. But those are just grammar issues which can be fixed when you go back and edit, but the story is great and im interested to find out what happens next.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sira YR

7 Years Ago

You're welcome. :)
Cy!

7 Years Ago

I did the whole chapter if you wanna see it now
Sira YR

7 Years Ago

Yeah, I do.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 2, 2016
Last Updated on December 2, 2016
Tags: fiction, science, chapter, sneak peak


Author

Cy!
Cy!

Albany, NY



About
hi i like reading, writing, video games, drawing holy crap i made this account a long time ago about time i change my bio? I have decided to move my writing to different website, but i also reme.. more..

Writing
Figuring it out Figuring it out

A Story by Cy!


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Cy!


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Cy!