DL - The Líeg

DL - The Líeg

A Chapter by Loekie
"

Fifth chapter of the initial section of A House Fractured entitled Darkness Looming.

"

In a blur, Li staggered out of the public house. The journeyman’s reaction bewildered her. As she reached the boulevard, she noticed that she was holding the pouch Aífe had put on the table. A sense of relief came over her.


She looked down the boulevard, leading to the Priory Gate. It would take her about an hour to walk down to Cobh. She could rent a carriage which would get her there in more than half the time but decided she could use the time to clear her mind.


The boulevard was empty to the Gate. The guards gave Li a perfunctory look as she left Dún Suíbhné. The countryside opened but she was wrapped in her thoughts.


The reaction to Dalldav’s name stunned her. The court druid had also reacted viscerally. What is it about this person? What are they terrified about? As the sun beat down on her, Li racked her mind; the name had a familiar ring to it.


Suddenly she remembered why she knew the name. In school they had discussed him. Centuries ago, a sidhé named Dalldav had developed the calendar that was used around Rë. He was a scientist who lived in Larnö some time in the 200s. But what could he have done to elicit the reactions she had seen.


And what had Aífe meant about the Watchers missing her? The journeyman had used magick in the public house to damper her ardour. Did she know? Li stopped at the side of the road, fear running through her. She had done her best to suppress that part of her. The anonymity of Dún Suíbhné and the court allowed her to disappear. No one would notice her aberration. But Aífe sensed it.


Li stood, frozen. Part of her screamed to run away as she did from Hallictwn. She could go to Dún Delgan or Dún Éarlð and disappear again. No one would find her there, especially at this point of time. Many people of the court seemed to want her to disappear so they could forget Sédanta. The name thundered in her head. The pouch in her hand grew heavy.


Remembering the old King pushed the fear from her mind. If she ran away, then no one would prove the truth of his words. She was the only one who could prevent an evil from falling on Llangeinwen. A cleansing breath cleared her mind and vanquished the fear.


A few cowbells and mooing punctuated the silence around Li. Past the low stone wall that ran along the road, verdant rolling hills stretched in front of her. She took a deep breath, taking in the pungent smells about her. She had forgotten how peaceful the countryside was. She had been the hustle of Dún Suíbhné for too long. Resolve washed over her. A smile came to her face.


Slowly she walked down the road, drinking in all the sights and sounds about her. She drew on the peace about her, preparing for meeting Aífe. All too soon, she stood on a rise, looking down at Cobh. The fishing town hugged the main bay, none of the buildings more than three storeys high. The sun glittered on the water the buildings hugged.


The road weaved into Cobh, ending at the harbour. The only inhabitants were the seagulls; all the ships were out to sea. The wide promenade was deserted, the stall shuttered until the boats came back to their berths. In the distance Li could see a single figure sitting on a stone wall. Confidently she strode up to the waiting journeyman. Aífe looked up as she approached, her face grim.


“I am glad you could make it.”


“I did not know if I should come or not.” Li burnished the pouch. “You have given me some information I can use before I leave. I suppose ...”


“But you want, no need information on Dalldav.”


“Yes, I do.” Li admitted. “He is more than just the calendar maker.”


Aífe nodded her head. “So you have some knowledge of him.”


“Who doesn’t? Yet that does not explain your reaction, let alone Blaí’s.”


“For a moment, there is more important things we must discussion. Then I will tell of Dalldav.”


“Why not now?”


“Because we need to talk about you!” Aífe’s eyes blazed.


“Why? Are you trying to manipulate me?”


“Do you think that is why I asked you here?” Aífe snapped. “Do you think we just move people about like pegs on a fidchell board?”


“Some say the Order will do anything to keep the House Suíbhné in power.”


“Well they are wrong.” Aífe stared intently at Li. “We strive to keep peace on the island. If a republic would achieve that, we would back that system. We are not king-makers. We do not want power for ourselves. That is anathema to us.


“We sit on a major rift close to the Blood, here in Llangeinwen. The winds of magick is strong here. From the first time the Order came here, it was realized that of all places, this area must be protected from the chaos of conflict. It would cause ripples across the world if the island was unstable.”


A snort came from Li. “And you call what we have stable? What of the Fell Season?”


“Yes.” Li was surprised by the force of the answer. “You might want to look beyond the shores of this small island. There have been problems. But no other nation can claim the stability we have had here. The House Suíbhné has ruled for almost 900 cycles. The system here has evolved organically. Changes have come without too many violent uprisings compared to other nations around Rë.


“Yet, there have been times of strife, almost destroying the peace. But there will be times like the Fell Season. What is important is that many worked together to stop the destruction started by the False King. And it was not just people like Llacheu or Bóadhágh.”


Aífe looked out toward the waters of the harbour. A light breeze ruffled the tresses of her hair. “But this is not of import right now. You are. And getting you from the court.”


“Why?”


“You have done your best to hide from who you are. It now is time to face it.”


“What?”


“I felt you draw on the Blood in the pub. Did you think you could run away from that forever?”


Li bolted from the stone wall of the quay. She did not want to hear what the journeyman had to say. As she reached the next quay, a strong grip pulled on her shoulder. With a twist, she tried to break free but the hold was too strong.


“What are you running away from?”


The question pierced Li. Sobbing, she sagged to the ground.


“I am an abomination.”


The hold changed to a caress. She felt Aífe take hold of her other shoulder.


“I’m so sorry.”


“Why should you be?” Li pulled away, tears running down her cheeks. “That has naught to do with you!”


“But it does,” Aífe moved, kneeling before the young woman. She gently placed her hands on Li’s shoulders.


“The Watchers should have seen, should have been there.”


“Who?”


“We have travellers in the Order we call the Watchers. They move about the land, looking for people who can touch the Blood. When they find one, they organize to have them moved to the Isle so they can learn to use their ability. Thanks the fates you are not a wild talent.”


“Pardon?”


“There are three types of people who can touch the ealdorfáh deeply. A natural talent. A wild talent. And a líeg. A natural talent can dip into the Blood from birth. They shine bright for everyone to see.


“A wild talent does not develop until they come of age. The chaos of coming of age and having access to the power of the Blood all too often drives a Chosen mad. They must be found early because training must start before magick overwhelms them.” Aífe took a deep breath.


“A líeg is rare and confusing to those that follow the Blood. Their ability to dip into the Blood grows slowly and often shows no bound. And often are not noticed. But because of their abilities, they are looked upon with suspicion, especially amongst the humans. As I see has happened to you.”


“I didn’t ask for this.”


“None of us ask to be the servants of the Blood. I now see why you secluded yourself in the court as you did.”


Li looked to the ground. Her grip on her reality was slipping. She had never felt so exposed before. The mortar around the bricks of the wall she had built over the past cycles were turning to dust. The ardour started to grow in Li, building like an intense fire.


“You can control it,” Aífe said softly. “Don’t let it control you.”


It felt as if there was a bonfire growing below her navel.


“Focus on your mind, body and spirit. Let them be one. Release the fear.”


Li tried to resist the fear but could not find the strength. A gentle nudge came from nowhere to help. As the fear was pushed aside, a red-orange fog filled her mind. It was warm and inviting. With the ardour, she embraced the fog.


For a blink, she felt herself implode to a single point. Then her being exploded outward. An unimaginable energy filled her. The feeling confused her. Li lost focus and the energy sluiced out of her. As she slumped against the stone wall of the quay, an empty feeling filled her.


“Take a deep breath.”


Li gasped for air, it seemed as if she had not breathed for a few moments. The pouch slipped from her fingers, falling. Aífe reached out to grab it.


“Now you have had a taste of the Blood.”


At a loss of words, all Li could was gape at the journeyman.


“Now I can explain Dalldav.”


“Why?” she managed.


“To understand why we fear what he wanted to do.” Aífe placed the pouch near Li.


“Dalldav was a brilliant elf or sidhé, if you prefer. The calendar is but a minor part of what he looked into. He was more interested in what made the Chosen unique about the world.”


“But that is self-evident.” Li found her voice. “It is because of the Creator. It is he who made us and placed us in Rë.”


“He wondered if that was the truth.”


Li was horrified at the thought. “But is blasphemy!”


“For some, perhaps. But not for us.” Before Li could say more, Aífe put up her hand. “As I said, Anáil is not a religion. It is a belief. Inwö with his close disciples like Begán and Myrddin wished to develop a system for each and every Chosen to find enlightenment and peace.


“It does not reject the Maker of All but it does not have to accept him either. But is not relevant to the discussion at hand. Some time in the future, we will discuss more of Anáil.”


“We will?”


“When you return from your quest, I feel you will return to learn about the powers you possess.”


“Why not now?”


“The weave does not allow it. The tapestry, I feel and Taliesin agrees requires you to go out. And hopefully prove Sédanta wrong.”


Many questions filled Li’s mind but she knew she had to wait. “About Dalldav?”


“Yes.” Aífe pointed toward the waters of the harbour. The cries of seagulls were sharp over the lapping of the water.


“He believed that here was a physical explanation for all in nature. The world was a series of causes and their logical effects. And he was interested by what magick is. But he was fascinated by the idea of what the essence of intelligence and spirit was.


“He proposed and believed that intelligence manifested from the body, specifically the brain. The essence of intellect resided in the function of the brain. Which intersected with the mind. The larger the brain, the more capacity of intelligence. And from the essence of the mind the spirit arises.”


Li swallowed, her throat getting dry. “Is there a reason why we speak out here?”


A clear and hearty laugh came from Aífe. “Not any more. You must be parched.”


“Any more?”


“I wished to make sure you were not seen drawing on the Blood. Too many eyes are about in the city.” Aífe motioned down the promenade. “There is a brewhouse with a terrace near by. Let us talk there.”


As the journeyman started away from the quay, Li followed. Quickly she grabbed the pouch and held it close. Several quays down, they turned to a small lane way leading away from the harbour. After three corners, Li saw a small wooden sign of an embossed rose.


Li followed Aífe through the brewhouse, past large bronze kettles to a open wooden door. It lead to a shaded terrace with trellises covered in green ivy. The pungent smell of the creeping plant freshened the air around them. The ten tables were empty. Aífe chose one near the back of the terrace.


“The Forlorn Rose is a good place to come for quiet conversation until the boats return from the sea.”


As the two sat down, a older women came onto the terrace. She was short and stocky, wearing an over-washed white robe and apron. Her long brown hair was severely pulled back into a single tress. A broad smile came to her face.


“Och! Look what the trade winds brought in.”


“Ah, Curcog it has not been that long.”


Her thick eyebrows furrowed over her brown-hazel eyes. Her jowls shook slightly as she shook her head.


“Now ye be a journeyman, ye think better of us?”


Aífe looked genuinely hurt as Li looked at her. “I’ve wanted to come yet the court keeps me busy.”


“Och, the story of all.” The smile belied the chiding in her voice. She focused on Li.


“Ye be cautious of this scamp. One day, ye see. She be the head druid about.”


“From your lips to the Maker’s lips.”


“I know what ye wish,” Curcog’s gaze did not shift. “What be yer pleasure?”


“Ah ... I ... don’t know?”


Curcog looked back to Aífe, her fists planted against her stout hips. “Och! What be going through yer head?”


“This was a spur of a moment trip, my dear. Li likes bitters.”


The smile on her kind face grew. “A lass with culture, unlike some.”


“You wound me.”


Curcog pointed a finger at Aífe. “I’ve known ye from the time ye were but at me knee. Yer culture be misspent with the black robes.”


The smile on Aífe’s face faded. “We will catch up another time, light of my life. But this is not the time.”


Curcog shook her head. “Hasty, always hasty now. I know I be just ye server right now. The flagons will arrive shortly.”


Aífe let out a hearty laugh. “You will never be my server, Curcog. And you know that. You are all I have left.”


The smile on Curcog’s vanished. “Still that thought. Ye are not alone!”


“I know, I know. But I have no one else like you in my live. You are irreplaceable.”


“I be replaceable, and don’t forget it! Scamp, always.” Curcog muttered as she walked away from the table. Li looked at the journeyman, confused.


“My mother died shortly after I was born.” Li sat back, horrified by the admission. Aífe shook her head. “I do not say this for pity. It is just a fact. My father was a fisherman here in Cobh. I was brought up here, on the promenade and the narrow lane ways.”


A warm smile and a distant look came into Aífe’s eyes. “Curcog and her younger sister, Enid took me under their wings. Which was a great relief to my father, especially when I came of age. Dún Suíbhné is where I live but my heart is here.”


“I wish I could say the same thing.” Li said wistfully.


“One never knows what our fates will weave for us, Li. It is quite possible, one day, you will be able to return to Hallictwn and show them they were wrong.”


“But is it worth it?”


“That is for you to decide.” Aífe ran an index finger over her lips. “There were some here that were frightened when I could touch the Blood. But they had to deal with Enid. You think Curcog is formidable, you have not met her sister.”


Even though she wished to know more, Li needed to gain information. “We are here to speak of Dalldav.”


“All too true.” The journeyman looked over Li’s shoulder. “But it must wait for a moment.”


Curcog returned with two earthen flagons, white foam sliding down the sides. She placed them in front the two women. As Aífe reached for her pouch, a sharp clearing of throat filled the air.


“Ye be family. Och, no coins!”


Li started for her pouch. “Then let me pay for these.”


A pointed look from Curcog kept her hand from the pouch. “Ye be with this little flower, ye be part of our family.”


A protest started to rise but was stopped as Curcog raised her index finger at her.


“Like be like, I can see that. The flame burns bright in ye. Strays be strays. If ye ever need refuge, remember the Rose. Not all is forlorn.”


Before Li could say anything, Curcog walked away. A faint groan came from Aífe.


“You are doomed. Now she will tell Enid. And the rest of her clann.”


“You make it sound like a curse.”


“Just wait.” Aífe picked up her flagon. She raised it towards Li. She followed suit. The two came together with a solid clunk. Both took a sip of their ales. Li was surprised by the refreshing sharp bitter taste of her ale.


“Now we can speak of Dalldav in private.”


“I will try to be succinct and not drone like a history teacher.” Aífe pursed her lips. “But the tale of Dalldav is complex. This is true for any brilliant thinker who explores diverse areas. Especially when one searches for the essence of something.


“So it was for Dalldav. Be it the cycles of the season, the Chosen, magick, tides, Dalldav wished to find the root. The single truth from which all can be explained.”


“A single truth?” Li snorted. “There isn’t one.”


“Well, this is a drive for many thinkers about the world. To find that one cause that effects all. This is an elusive goal, be it from before the Start of Time or now. That single spark that ignites all fires.”
“Sounds futile to me.”


“For some,” Aífe agreed. “But the chasers of truth think differently from you and I. Which leads to the fatal flaw that hinders many of them.”


Li took a sip of her ale. “Which is?”


“Arrogance. They started to believe what they have discerned is the one, single truth. Which leads to stifling discussion. They and their followers are quick to drown out any contentions. Often with strident voices.” Aífe paused.


“Dalldav showed this quite early while he was studying Anáil. He found himself at odds with the teachers and older masters at the scoil. On what might seem a trivial matter. Did you ever wonder what the Anáil emblem represents?”


The question took Li aback. “At times.”


“The four leaves symbolize the Chosen - humans, elves, dwarves, and dolphins. And the four elements that form our Gifts - air, water, earth and fire. Myrddin, one of the original followers of Inwö drew the symbol in sand while he was with Inwö, questing for the Crystal Column.”


In the air, Aífe drew a circle with her index finger. The air glistened, forming a gold ring. “The circle represents the ordinary life of a Chosen. No focus. No beginning, no end. No direction. What Anáil tries to do is bring enlightenment, peace. Being one with all that is about you and with yourself.”


Aífe’s finger moved about in a blur, tracing gold in the air. The four leaved emblem of Anáil formed within the circle. The four leaves met, forming a single point in the centre.


“Being one is the centre? Where the leaves meet?” Li ventured.


“Exactly! People comment that the leaves look moth-eaten. If you look closely, each leaf is actually a maze.”


Li looked closed at the leaves. To her surprise, she saw what the journeyman meant. She had never noticed that before.


“To be one-pointed is a journey. It is not a simple process.” Aífe pointed to where the circle met one of the leaves. “The journey starts. There will be dead ends. Back-tracking. The progress can be long and arduous.


“From the beginning, be it Myrddin, Begán or Gwri, they used the four leaved emblem or the three leaved one.”


“Three?”


“There was some debate that the symbol should represent the mind-spirit-body view of the Chosen. These are the elements of magick, how we use the vapours from the ealdorfáh. What makes us unique from what is about us.”


“I can see that.”


“So can I but it dismisses us, the Chosen. Each of the Chosen has their Gift, based on the elements. The dolphins, water. Dwarves, earth. Elves, air and humans, fire.” Aífe raised her hand to stop Li.


“Yes, there are those that believe that the Breaking of the Hand changed all of that. Yet Inwö did not. And yes, in some ways, the Gifts have been perverted. But the essence is still there. Yet that is not of consequence.


“Neither Inwö or Myrddin felt a symbol defined what Anáil really was. It was Inwö’s teachings that were important, not a pretty image.” The golden image between the two melted into nothing. A desolate sadness filled the druid’s eyes.


“Vision and hope are easy to corrupt. Time wears away ideals.”


Li was shaken by what Aífe said. She could sense a fundamental truth that was normally not spoken being revealed to her.


“Inwö must be horrified to see what has become of Anáil. Ideas that were meant for each Chosen to ponder personally have become strict canons. As it expanded about the world, teachings had to become standardized. Dissent is tolerated, up to a point, in many areas in the world.


“Which brings me back to Dalldav. He chafed at what he believed to be an archaic symbol. It did not reflect the reality of the Chosen. He felt that Anáil had become more of a metaphysical system than a philosophical one. It was becoming fossilized, in his view.” Aífe paused.


“In many ways, he was correct. As the leaders tried to standardize Anáil, fractures formed. Causing more and more entrenchment. So there was Dalldav, focused on what he believed. That mind-body-spirit was what represented the Chosen, not the four elements of nature.


“The masters, at that time, tried to explain that whereas they saw his point, the focus he had would promote a conceit that would elevate the Chosen above all else in the world. And forget where they had come from.”


Li ran a finger over her lips. “But we are Chosen.”


“So?” Aífe pointed up to the sky, to a crying seagull. “So we are above what is about us?”


“We can do magick. We have intelligence. We have a conscience. We are different.”


“And that became Dalldav’s contention. It became his focus. He wished to show why we were the Chosen and all else are different.”


“But that is because of the Maker?”


Slowly Aífe shook her head. “Is it? That is what Dalldav asked. He wanted to ignore and avoid any metaphysical issues. His investigations and thoughts became a treatise he called On the Spirit and Intellect. The fundamental thesis was that intelligence manifests from the body. Specifically the brain. And the essence of intellect resided in the function of the brain, which intersects with the mind. From the essence of the mind, the spirit arises.”


Aífe paused for a moment. “For Dalldav, the mind is awash in magick energy. The raw energy could be harnessed by any living being. The mind is just a device to focus the magick, thus arising as intelligence. The larger, more powerful brain, the more intelligence would arise. This mechanism he called the intinn.


“The spirit or spiorad manifests from the intelligence. Whereas the intinn is raw energy focused, the spiorad is power. The stronger the intelligence, the stronger the spirit.”


“Sounds very mechanical. Very detached.” Li commented.


“The ideas were interesting, and still are. But the initial ideas in the treatise are not controversial. They were a good basis for discussion. What caused a fire storm was a consequence he laid out later.”


“Which was?”


“For Dalldav, the focus was the intinn. That is innate to all living creatures.”


“I see nothing wrong with that.”


“Dalldav postulated that the intinn could be transferred from one living being to another.”


Li stared at Aífe, thunderstruck. The idea was exciting yet it alarmed her.


“I think you can see.”


“But ... but ...” Li tried to find the words. She felt overwhelmed by the idea. Questions and points tumbled through her mind. She poked at her breast, just above her heart.


“Each one of us is unique. An individual. We have a conscience. A personality. That is what makes one different.”


“You are not looking deep enough, Dalldav would say. What defines you is not the physical. The body is just a vessel.” Aífe took a long sip of her ale.


“As to personality and conscience, he addressed that. They are but modes of the spirit, intellect and society. They are not inherent to the Chosen, a consequence of the energy used by us. Conscience, for Dalldav, arose from the trained intellect and a sense of responsibility imposed by society.”


“So everything is distilled to one point - the intinn.”


“Exactly. That is one point of controversy, which would not be so bad.” Aífe slowly shook her head. “It is important to understand Dalldav. He was a natural talent. From early in his life, he had a disdain for wild talents and líegs. He was particularly vocal about training them.”


“Why?”


“Wild talents are dangerous, as I suggested before. They are dangerous to themselves and those about them. Since they touch the ealdorfáh at a turbulent time in their lives, they do not have control.”


Li frowned, a little confused.


“Think about it. Coming of age is a difficult time for most Chosen. Emotions are heightened. Moods swing. Often there are outbursts, which could become violent. When you throw in the flush of magick, you have a volatile mix.


“From the onset, it was the duty of all in the Order to identify the signs of a wild talent before they are too far in coming of age. Else they will go mad and destroy themselves. And quite possibly those about them.”


“But how do you know?”


“There are subtle signs. That is usually the task for the Watchers.”


Li took a sip of her ale. “They are a special group?”


“Yes.” Aífe nodded. Li noticed she was being a little reticent. “Within the Order, one can specialize as you advance in your training. Your Dryhten is the one who will see your abilities and where your training should go.”


“Dryhten?”


“It translates to Master. These are the lead teachers in the Order. And the head Dryhten is Taliesin here on Llangeinwen.”


“I see.”


“It takes a special Dryhten to work with a wild talent. Patience and perseverance. Dalldav felt that the teaching methods were too lax and potentially dangerous. Would you like to see his arguments?”


Li looked about the area. “How?”


Aífe reached out and gently took Li’s hand. “One of the manners of teaching in the Order is the sharing of memories. Many of us gain memories from others and keep it thus allowing us to share and teach others cycles later. I have some that would make Dalldav more personal. See him as he was.”


“But ... but he was from a time long past.”


“Over 600 cycles. Yet memories can be retained. Would you like to share?”


A sliver of fear ran through Li. She did not know if she wanted to do what the journeyman offered but the information was tantalizing. Li just nodded her head.



© 2008 Loekie


Author's Note

Loekie
Being a major revision of the first draft, I am looking for everything - grammar, POV problems, plotting issues. This is new material, that is draft 0. And please note, spelling is Canadian not American so don't point the differences. Hit me with your best shot!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Loekie, the intrigue builds, and the explanations of the past are woven very good through your tapestry. I like and approve. This chapter seems a little more polished and the pace and flow were very good. At times, as you will see below, I was so engrossed in the reading I might have overlooked any flaws...and that too is good. lol. Ok, here are some thoughts to ponder.


1...The only inhabitants were the seagulls; all the ships were out to sea.

Do you mean the only inhabitants visible? I mean, no children in this village, a stray dog, pig, chicken? Just seagulls?

2...That is anathema to us. ... "We sit on a major rift close to the Blood,

Ok, this is the end of a paragraph, but not an end to the dialogue of Alfie. Your next paragraph starts with quotes, but since there is no break in the dialogue, I am not sure that is correct. You have several like this and it just felt odd in starting a new paragraph with quotes without ending the previous in quotes to signify and end and a start. Does that make sense?

3...At a loss of words, all Li could was gape at the journeyman. I think you missed the word "do", all Li could "do" was gape... Simple overlook, simple fix.

4...The weave does not allow it. The tapestry, I feel and Taliesin agrees requires you to go out.

Ok...call me a commaphilic...but in this case, I would use a comma after agrees. I feel and Taliesin agrees, is her injecting a bit a personal thought, verbally and seperate from, The tapestry required you to go out.

Also, I am not sure I understand the term the Tapestry as used at this point, and I have been a big fan of how you use weave, garment, tapestry to this point. Maybe something a little more evident of what the tapestry is, or a reminder. Just a suggestion.

5..."Yes." A�fe pointed toward the waters of the harbour. toward does not imply she is pointing to the waters and is somewhat passive. I too use the term as it feels natural in this genre, but the reality is towards does not show Aife pointing to the waters, or of the harbor, so just show her pointed to the waters of the harbour.

6...The cries of seagulls were sharp over the lapping of the water.

You used waters in the previous sentence. Change up prehaps to waves, as that is what is lapping. It also gets rid of the redundancy of water used so closely together.

7..."There is a brewhouse with a terrace near by. Let us talk there."

I like this aifi and what a natural response, very human.

8...As the journeyman started away from the quay, Li followed.

As the...and started...are rather weak and passive grammar opening for a new paragraph... just a suggestion, The journeyman led Li from the quay,... and maybe combine with the next sentence to show action and reaction.

9..."I know, I know. But I have no one else like you in my live. I think life for live at the end.

10...One never knows what our fates will weave for us, another place where I heartedily approve of the use of weave. Well done good sir.

11...Would you like to see his arguments?" ... Many of us gain memories from others and keep it thus allowing us to share and teach others cycles later.

1st...good job of set up for the next chapter. 2nd is a question. I like this idea of shared memories, but as a reader I would ask, what stops those shared memories from being corrupted from their orginal. I mean, remember the game where everyone is standing in line, a person gives the first person a sentence and they rely it to the next, who relays it to the next in line and so on and so forth. Is the message every the same at the end of the line as it started? Especially 600 years later? Just a thought that maybe a simple explanation would help readers like me from questioning such thoughts. lol.

Hopefully I will get another later tonight and then more tomorrow now that I have caught up with my personal chores and task.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

488 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 5, 2008
Last Updated on March 18, 2008


Author

Loekie
Loekie

Montreal, Canada



About
Growing up, I never saw myself as a storyteller. But looking back, I see the seeds. I would build complex models with my Lego or Mecano, each with a story to tell. When I played with my Tonkas, Dinkey.. more..

Writing
Drawn Drawn

A Story by Loekie