Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by LylaCrystal
"

Edra makes a vow to make Shadow pay for what he had done. At the Moon's Wolves headquarters, the leader gives Shadow an important task.

"
Blake checked the list that Asher gave him. He counted the plants he had gathered and sighed. He looked around and didn't see anyone. It was his luck he was still alive. 
"I wonder how Faye is..." he muttered under his breath.
What the fire wielder didn't know, was that Shadow had been struggling whether to kill him or not. To be spared by someone like him was incredible, given the fact he never hesitated to do his job. Blake went back to his team and saw Edra bending small pieces of earth. A good thing after all the bad luck they had.
"Thank God! You started to regain your powers!" he said happily. "I brought the plants Asher asked for."
"Thanks, man. I will prepare the medicine. Let's hope it will have the effect I wish." the water wielder said and hugged his friend. "By the way, something strange happened while you we're gone."
"What do you mean?"
"Dude, dude, dude! You're alive!" Noah yelled and threw the firewood he was carring. 
"Damn, what's wrong?"
"You're alive!" Noah said, jumping on his back.
"Get off me, idiot! Tell me what happened."
"Dude, you must believe me! I saw a black silhouette in the forest while I was collecting woods. It was so fast... That thing passed right before my eyes."
"You must've been hallucinating. There's nobody in this place except us."
"I'm telling you the truth!"
"He's right. I saw it, too." Rishima said. "I wanted to help Noah, so I went to gather some fruits. That silhouette was fast like the wind. It will sound strange, but I guess that was Shadow."
"That's a sure thing."
Everyone turned their heads confused to Edra.
"You have to be kidding." Blake stated amused.
"Why would I be? I know for sure it was him. He wants to play with our minds. As the leader of this team, I will make sure we will capture him and give him what he deserves."
"How can you be so confident?"
"This is how I have always been. Plus, the place we are now is his 'district' let's say."
"Alright, the next thing we're gonna hear is that he's the king of Herun Kindgom."
"No. This means we are in his 'hunting area'. This forest is where the Moon's Wolves are dwelling. It's divided in different parts so that every member of their team has his area. Depending of the location of their victim, they know who they should send in order to complete their tasks. Because he is one of their best assassins, Shadow has the largest area. What's more, he has the right to go on other 'districts' if he wishes."
"How do you know so many things?"
"My father managed once to capture one of them. The idiot believed he will have his life saved if he speaks about his team. Unfortunately, he was killed in that night before giving other essential information. I still don't know how."
"So... basically, we are his Shadow's, right?"
"If we keep staying without doing something, we will be soon another series of missing people." Zev said in a monotone voice.
"I'm not giving up yet! I will find Shadow even if my powers are still weak. I will face this demon at any cost. Those monsters took my mother away from me and I won't let them get rid of you, guys."
In the dimly lit room, Faye was standing quiet, staring at her hand. It can't be possible, she thought. They met again. After all those years, they met again. Back then, he was kind, cheerful and his smile after he gave her the lilies was gentle like a moonbeam. It was something the weather wielder promised to keep in mind forever. Someone who didn't ask for anything in return after a good deed, in a give-and-take world. 
"How much can a person change..."
 She was still confused. After what happened a few moments before, more questions appeared. What did that man meant when he said Shadow has the answers she is looking for? Why would Shadow keep her alive? The most important, why would he reveal his true appearance? Why would he show his gentle side? He was supposed to be cold-blooded, but somehow, he couldn't. 
"Why is this happening? What is everything supposed to mean?" Faye asked herself, pressing her fists against her temples.
In another room, Shadow was giving Nyx the report of what he had seen in the forest. The leader was very satisfied as he heard that the princess of Filaria became vulnerable. A weak earth wielding ability was not going to help her in a combat. 
"I'm impressed. You've done a great job as always." Nyx said proudly.
"There is something more. I spotted three of The Nightfall team's members."
"And what did you do?"
"I didn't kill them."
"Unacceptable!" the man yelled. "Why didn't you take advantage of the chance and get rid of them?"
"Allow me to continue." Shadow continued calmly. "I did everything on purpose. In this way, I can play with their minds."
"Is that so?"
"Yes. I know how to make myself unnoticed, so it will be very easy to track them down. When the time comes, we will attack them and get rid of our biggest problem."
"There is one thing I want to talk about."
"I will listen."
"You are one of the best members in this team. I decided to give you an important mission: you will be the one who will get rid of those filarians. I shall leave this headquarters in your hands."
"What?" Shadow asked bewildered.
"As you see, we lost many members in the last years. We need help from the other Moon's Wolves. If the princess regains her powers, it will be necessary a massive force to defeat her and her team. I will go with the rest of our team in the neighboring kingdoms to gather them."
"This will take almost six months."
"Indeed. I must make sure I won't put their lives in danger. We need every man alive. Daivat's daughter is so powerful that she can destroy the entire Evonk land. Moreover, our hostage is just like her. I don't think she has as many powers as the princess, but she is a skilled fighter."
"You are right."
"I will leave everything in your hands. I am sure you will perform your duty like you always did."
"I will follow your orders." the young assassin said, bowing.
"You may withdraw. I will leave tonight."
After he exited the room, Shadow felt like all his life force was draining. He was staggering and leaned on the wall. 
"What's happening to me? Why am I feeling like this?"
He tried to continue his way back to his room, but he fell on his knees. Shadow felt like his blood was boiling and the moon pendant glowed. He gritted his teeth and tried to endure the pain. 
"Shadow!" Faye shouted.
"What the..." 
"What's wrong?"
"Why did you go out of my room?"
"I had the feeling that something happened to you."
"You fool... You're were badly injured in the dungeon, but you still came to look after me?"
"I like to help."
The young assassin got up and Faye clinged on his arm. The girl was shot in the legs and she was afraid she would collapse at any moment. Shadow didn't say anything and picked her up in the bridal style.
"Make a sound and you're dead, got it?"
Faye stood in silence as she allowed him to carry her back to the room. 


© 2017 LylaCrystal


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on April 1, 2017
Last Updated on April 1, 2017


Author

LylaCrystal
LylaCrystal

About
I'm just a normal person. People usually consider me weird because I'm just trying to be myself. I love playing piano and guitar, dancing, acting and of course writing. Art is an essential part of my .. more..

Writing
Tinfoil Tinfoil

A Book by LylaCrystal