Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A Chapter by LylaCrystal
"

Rishima and Blake find the long awaited solution. Meanwhile, things get a strange turn when Shadow remains responsible for Faye and the headquarters

"
It has been a month since The Nightfall team was blocked in the Forest of Venom. Every week, the six friends kept moving from place to place, searching for food and new plants for remedies. Asher was a very ingenious herbalist with various medical knowledge. He needed to look just once at a person and could say his or her problem and make the right cure. It was a blessing for the team to have him in a time like that. After they walked all day without any direction, they decided to set up a camp. Rishima vounteered  to build with her power six tents made of earth. At first, the others thought it would have been risky because she didn't use her wielding almost seven years. Still, Edra trusted her friend and let her do what she proposed. The girl tried many times, but she failed. When she wat setting her feet with force in the ground and slowly raising her arms, she only produced earthquakes which broke several trees instead of creating the needed shelters. Her hair was a mess because after every attempt, she was pulling her hair in despair. If she had exercised more in the past, it would have been useful in a limit situation. The only one who was scared was Blake. He thought that Rishima's efforts would draw attention to them. Nobody was brave enough to soar in the forest, but precautions were essentially.
"Again!" the earth wielder screamed determined. 
"You're gonna kill us! Take a break!" Blake said desperatey, grabbing her wrists.
"You kept complaining for the last days that you're sick of sleeping under the clear sky. Let me finish what I started. At least then you'll shut your big mouth and leave me alone."
"But you will let the assassins know where we are. I think you even woke up he entire Filaria."
"So what? Now back off!"
Rishima tried one more time and to her joy, six earth tents appeared. 
"At last! Thank God!" she said and collapsed due to the exhaustion.
"Rishima!" Noah screamed, rushing towards her.
He supported her from her side and asked Asher to give him water. The red-haired water wielder gave him his bottle and Noah carried the girl to one of the tents. He laid her gently and soaked a compress to put it on er forehead.
"You didn't have to push yourself so hard! You could've get hurt! What if you fell on something dangerous like a rusty nail or some branches and gouge your eyes out? Or if you hit a rock and break your head or neck? You were lucky I was there to catch you."
The teenager didn't say anything. That's so nice of him, she thought. Noah was very scared everytime he saw someone dear to him in trouble, no matter how small it was. Even a paper cut was enough to make him worried. The green-haired male was sometimes too protective, which was a little annoying for Blake. Being the only child in his family wasn't exactly as the others thought. His parents were very strict to him and trained him very harsh ever since he was five. they were afraid he would grow into an unreliable and lightheaded man. Even if people who saw his injuries were insulting his parents, Noah still cared for them. He wanted to be strong so that one day, he would be able to face dangers without fear, to fight for the people who gave him life and helped him become a skilled air wielder and fighter, and the friends who were always by his side. He didn't receive much affection in his childhood, but he tried to spread cheerfulness and positivity.
"Noah..."
"It's alright, Rishima. I'm here."
"Do you think I'm weak?"
"Preposterous! Don't tell me Blake said that!"
"No. It's just... Look what I've done. I tried twenty times to build these tents and I even caused earthquakes. I bet even king Daivat felt the royal castle shaking a little."
"That's not... Wait a minute!" he said, widening his eyes. "That's it! I know how we can get out of the forest! You and Blake are geniuses."
"How?" 
"Your earthquakes! How many minutes passed between each attempt?"
"Two."
"Two times twenty means fourty minutes. It was more than enough to make his majesty notice that something is wrong. We couldn't report anything about our mission this whole time. Maybe he thinks we're still looking for the Moon's Wolves. But still, here comes the point. We told him that we needed only a week to find and get rid of them. Now it's been a month. Your earthquakes were like an alarm signal. He will come after us. I'm sure of this. We will go back to Filaria, find an antidote for Edra, find Faye, kill Shadow and the rest of his team, then everything will go back to normal."
"How can I be worried when you're with me?  You always see the bright side."
"I'll do anything for the team and my family. I'm happy I gave you hope."
"One more thing."
"Tell me." Noah said, taking her hand into his.
"Stay by my side tonight. I'm afraid."
"Don't worry. God is above us. He will take care of us."
"And of Faye, too. I miss that little orchid."
"You're still calling her like that?"
They both giggled as they mentioned the cute nickname of their friend.
"She loves flowers so much..."
"I have another idea. Let's buy her a flower basket when we bring her back."
"You're so nice."
"But you are nicer than me. You're silly from time to time, but when the situations are difficult, you manage to succed every time. That's what I love about you."
Noah's sudden confession made Rishima blush. A smile played on the air wielder's lips as he laid next to her, giving her a good night kiss on the forehead.

Faye and Shadow heard sounds of footsteps coming from the hallway. Nyx gathered all his teammates and made preparations for their long journey. They took their best weapons, recapitulated different tactics in case of ambush and made the plans for their stops. The two could hear mumbles behind the locked door and even the malicious laughs of the men.
"What's go-"
"Quiet." Shadow growled, covering Faye's mouth. "If they find out that you're here with me, you will be killed. It's your choice. Nobody knows what happened in the dungeon. I told my boss that Seth wanted to infringe an order. You should be grateful for the risk I took." 
The girl struggled to get free, but the assassin grabbed her waist with the other hand.
"Don't test my patience. I'm sure you don't want to see me out of it."
She shook her head affirmative. A few minutes passed and everything was in a dead silence. 
"They must have left. I will check the headquarters quickly. If you get out of the room, I'll show you what happens to those who disrespect an order."
Shadow looked at the purple-haired girl and exhaled sharply. Now that the whole building was in his care, he had to look after Faye, too. This meant he had to work harder regarding cooking, cleaning, washing clothes and many other home stuff he had to do besides going in missions. Also, if they were going to live under the same roof for several months, he had to make her feel like he wasn't planning to get rid of her after his team return. To show his 'human' side was a tough job, but that was the order from his boss. Everything was now in his hands.
"I guess you have to know me better since you will stay in my custody."
Then, he revealed his wings and flew away. In less than five minutes, he came back, leaving Faye with her mouth wide open.
"How is this..."
"It's none of your business, filarian. Aren't you sleepy?"
"Honestly..."
"If you're planning to speak so jerky, then why would I bother to keep you alive? I can just shot you and go after your friends. I already know where they are."
"Please, don't!" Faye screamed in despair. 
"Just for your knowledge, only I know how to get out of here, so it's useless for you to try to escape. I have a better idea: stay quiet and listen to me."
Faye didn't hesitate and sat down on the bed, concentrating at Shadow. She had to be obedient if she wanted to keep leaving.
"You're my hostage now. My boss let these headquarters in my care. Here are the rules: you will go to sleep at 9 PM and wake up at 5 AM. The breakfast is at 6:30, the lunch at 12:00 and the dinner at 6 PM. You will stay away from the other rooms of this building and from the courtyard. You won't disturb me with meaningless requests, you will tidy up the room I will give to you, you will wash your clothes, you will clean up after you eat and the most important, I forbid you to come in my room. I don't need any distraction from my training or other duties. I am not your nanny and to be sure you stay in your place, I will lock you in your room after meals and at night. If you break one of these rules, I will punish you. Every mistake must be paid. Understood?" Shadow asked in an orotund voice after the theatening speech.
"Understood." Faye answered scared of the quick change of Shadow's behaviour. 
"You are very smart. I hope we will not have any problem from now on."
The weather wielder wanted to say something, but her stomach spoke before her. The girl put her arms around her abdomen, hoping that the assassin didn't notice. Shadow gave her a questioning glare.
"Do you think I am stupid?"
"I didn't say that." the girl replied.
"It's obviously you are hungry. Your eyes say everything."
"How did you notice if you wear your mask?"
"Just shut up and come with me."
Shadow grabbed Faye's wrist and took her to the kitchen. He gestured her to sit at the table and wait. The girl obeyed and the assassin put some strange food in the microwave oven. After the time passed, Faye received her long waited meal. She covered her mouth when she saw one of her favourite childhood dishes.
"Stuffed cabbage leaves! I love them!" 
"Are you serious?" Shadow asked amazed. 
"My brother used to make me these when I was little. But still..."
"I assure you they are not poisoned. Eat one. I made them today."
Looking slightly suspicious at the food, Faye picked one and bit only a small part of the leaf. Gradually, she gathered her courage and managed to eat it. 
"They are so delicious..."
"Then eat them all."
"What about you?"
"It's none of your business."
Forgetting about her concerns, Faye continued happily her meal. There were fifteen stuffed cabbage leaves on the plate and their number decreased very quickly. Shadow was a little surprised. Her smiling face reminded him of his sister. She had the expression everytime she was cooking for him. The young man felt like an invisible hand squeezed his chest. 
"Thank you for the delicious meal." Faye said grateful, making the sign of the holy cross and slightly bowing to him.
"Sure... your welcome..."
"Have I done something wrong?"
"No, but you seemed to enjoy yourself."
"Of course. It's my favourite dish."
"What I meant to say is that I stayed here with you. Weren't you afraid?"
Silence.
"Come with me. I'll show you where you will stay."
Faye expected to go back to the dungeon, but instead, she was taken to a strange room. It was all painted in black, quite spacious, with a bed which didn't look too comfortable, a wardrobe and a bookcase.
"Good night." Shadow said, locking the door behind her.
"Please, wait!" 
The assassin already left, leaving the purple-haired girl banging at the door. 
"Come back! Shadow! Please!"
He pretended he didn't hear her and went back to his room. Faye hit the door one last time before leaning against it and huddling.
"What is he going to do? I'm sure he already has a plan."
She went to the wardrobe and remained surprised. It was full of clothes for a girl. That was the the icing on the cake. Faye chose a white dress, long till the knees. It suited her perfectly, as if it was made especially for her. Many questions came in her mind, but she was too tired. When she sat on the bed, it was surprisingly comfortable and the blanket was warm. Faye fell asleep the  moment her head hit the pillow. 
"How cute..." a wheezy voice said. "You look beautiful."
"Who are you?"
Faye jumped out of the bed and looked around the room. Nobody.
"I'm going insane. I'm alone here."
"Who said that?" the voice talked again.
The sun pendant shined with power at her neck. Faye was shocked when she saw a tall silhouette in the corner of the room for a few seconds. She couldn't take it anymore and started to bang at the door again and scream at the top of her lungs. She turned her head and saw that the strange appearance was moving slowly towards her. It was a girl, dressed in black, with her light blue hair covering her face. She stretched her hand to the weather wielder and kept staggering.
"Shadow! Help me!" Faye yelled desperately. "Shadow! I need you!"
The male's moon pendant became suddenly very hot, causing him a little burn on his chest.
"What the heck?" he asked bewildered. "Wait a second... Faye!"
He rushed down the halls and heard the girl's screams. Shadow unlocked the door and Faye hugged him tightly. She was shaking and tears were running down her cheeks. 
"What happened to you?" 
The only thing she could do was squealing. He noticed the strange presence, but the silhouette vanished quickly. 
"My goodness!" the assassin whispered to himself. 
"I... I..."
"Hey, look at me."
He put two fingers under her chin and lifted it slowly. Faye gulped and looked deep into his worried purple eyes. 
"It's alright. It's gone now."
"Thank you so much... but how did you..."
"I feel when dangers are near."
Faye didn't say anything else. She kept sobbing into Shadow's chest, embracing him tight. She could have been hurt or even killed if he didn't arrive in time. He saved her life one more time. Despite the fact he threatened her at the beginning, she felt safe with the young assassin. The male stroked her hair and carried her to the bed.
"I'll stay here tonight." he told her in a reassuring voice.
Feeling like all her life force was drainning little by little, Faye fell asleep, smiling as she could sense the male laying next to her. It was confusing for Shadow. He wanted to follow the orders he received, he had to be merciless, but somehow, something was stopping him. It was weird for him, but he had a feeling of happiness for helping someone who was in danger. Soon, Shadow fell asleep, too, pleased that he respected the promise he made to the weather wielder in the childhood. 


© 2017 LylaCrystal


Author's Note

LylaCrystal
Hello, everybody! I want to let you know that you are amazing. Thank you so much for reading my book and for the reviews :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on April 29, 2017
Last Updated on April 29, 2017


Author

LylaCrystal
LylaCrystal

About
I'm just a normal person. People usually consider me weird because I'm just trying to be myself. I love playing piano and guitar, dancing, acting and of course writing. Art is an essential part of my .. more..

Writing
Tinfoil Tinfoil

A Book by LylaCrystal