Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by LylaCrystal
"

The miracle The Nightfall team had been waiting happens.

"
In the royal palace, king Daivat was walking nervously in the throne room, shaking. He had been unable to sleep for a few nights because he worried for his daughter and her friends. "Two weeks is more than enough. We will come back to Filaria with the leader of the Moon's Wolves as prisoner. More than that,I will hunt Shadow down and bring him to you, too. Your name will be praised in the entire Evonk land and everyone will know us for our achievement. Have faith, father. We will be alright." Edra's confident words resounded in his mind. It had been a month since The Nightfall team departed. No reports, no news. 
He looked at the huge portrait which was hanging toweringly on the wall. His family, happy in the bygone days. Daivat swallowed a noose when he saw the face of his late wife. She died shot by an assassin sent by the Moon's Wolves when Edra was seven. The princess was everything for him, he couldn't afford to lose her. She was a talented wielder and fighter, but she was still young. She had all her life ahead. The king trusted her, but he was still afraid something can happen to her, just like any parent does when it comes to his child.
"My daughter..." he said nostalgically.
An earthquake made the palace shake from its foundation. The servants were running hysterically in all direction on the hallways, screaming and looking for a way to escape. Daivat said in an antic language a spell: "Karsi mila hitera" which meant "Everything will resist". He didn't want his citizens to have their houses and their work destroyed.
"Your Highness, what is going on?" one of the guards asked him.
"I don't know, but I have a strange feeling about this."
"What are your orders?"
"Tell everybody to put up then come back here."
After the soldier executed the order, he returned to the king.
"My apologies, sire, but... I believe that this is... some earth wielding which got out of control." he sais stuttering.
"This can't..."
Daivat opened his mouth in shock when he heard 'earth wielding'. He knew Rishima had problems controlling her ability, often resulting earthquakes like the one which threatened to demolish every building in the kingdom.  The ruler ran to the balcony, looking horrified at the Forest of Venom, which was standing proudly in the distance, as if it wanted to mock him. He realised that he was receiving alarm signs.
"I will go in that forest. My daughter is there along with her friends."
"But it is dangerous, Your Highness, especially at night." 
"I don't care. Gather your soldiers and strenghten the guard while I will be leaving. I will take down everyone who will try to stop me."
Rushing to his bedroom, Daivat grabbed his black cape and teleported in the cursed place. He went into its deep, shouting the names of the seven friends. They were in the full bloom of youth and chose to serve their country. They were dedicated to their work and took care of the safety of the filarians. A risky job, but with many satisfaction. That is how they called it. The man kept searching for every little thing that could be useful, until he heard two males quarreling.
"You eat like a pig! Leave some fruits for the rest, too. You're not the only one here."
"Blake, shut up! Don't be a jerk! I haven't eaten all day. Seriously, why do you have to be so annoying?"
"The wolf finally talked! Watch your mouth! In fact, what have you done useful for us?"
"I brought you food and firewoods along with the others, idiot."
"I swear I'll roast you when you fall asleep."
"Do you really want me to show you in how many ways I can contort you?"
"You and your silly ability of telekinesis."
At last, he found the team. Daivat ran in the direction of the screaming and was greeted by the sight of the six earth tents built by Rishima. Blake and Zev were fightfing, Asher standing between them and trying to separate them. When the water wielder saw the king, he fell on his knees.
"Your Highness!" he yelled.
"King Daivat!" Rishima and Noah said in unison, rushing out of the tent.
"It turns out that little green frog was right." Blake muttered, rubbing his head where his brother hit him.
"I can hear you!" the air wielder said annoyed.
"Where is Edra?" Daivat asked worried.
Everyone went silent when the princess showed up. The girl couldn't believe her eyes. After a month full of despair and uncertainity, the miracle she had been waiting finally happened. Her father was in front of her. She walked hesitantly towards him and the king opened his arms wide.
"Father!" Edra whispered in a shaky voice and hugged him.
"My child..." the man said almost crying of joy.
"He took her away... He took her away from us. I want my friend back!"
"What happened, my dear?"
"Faye..."
"Where is Faye?"
"I swear I will find him and give him what he deserves!" the princess screamed, bursting into tears.
"Your Majesty, Faye was captured by Shadow. Unfortunately, without your daughter's ability, we couldn't do anything to find her. The Moon's Wolves have their headquarters protected by magic." Zev explained.
"Take your hands. We are going back home."
"At last!" the teammates said in a voice.

The young assassin woke up shortly after he drifted to sleep. He almost jumped out of the bed, but he managed to control himself. 
"That nightmare again..." he whispered annoyed, scratching the back of his neck.
Faye let out a faint whimper and fidgeted a little. 
"You must have a nightmare, too." Shadow said quietly and patted her head. 
Shadow felt like a dark monster was following him. Six years have passed since the day whose memory was haunting him. The cursed day when he lost everything. The horrific sight of his sister, who left the living world in a violent way, in the middle of the forest. The day he swore revenge and destroyed a family, to burn down his bloodthirst.

"Big brother, what's the matter?" the ten year old weather wielder asked.
"It's nothing you should worry about." Axel said while wringing his hands.
The male was walking in the living room anxiously, pulling his hair in despair. He couldn't stop thinking about what he had done. An atrocious deed worth condemning. A murder.
"Faye, my ittle sister, you know how much I love you."
"What is going on? Please, big brother, don't scare me."
"How can i possibly can do this? I would hate myself."
"Then tell me what's wrong. You didn't eat, kept talking alone and ignored me a few hours. Is it something about me? Did I upset you?"
"Of course not..."
"Then what?"
"Listen carefully. I will go somewhere to solve a problem. Be a good girl and stay in the house. Don't answer to strangers, lock all the doors and go get something to eat."
"Axel, I'm scared!"
The child cried and screamed from the top of her lungs. It was the first time she has seen her brother like that. He seemed to go insane: his anxiety, his strange behaviour, his words.
"Come here, sis." the male said and embraced her. "I'm sorry, but something happened last night and I got frightened. I have to go to... a friend, who told me the news, and help him with the problem. Now I must leave because he's waiting for me."
"If you say so..."
"I love you, Faye. You're the best sister in the world. I'm so happy I was your brother."
"Was? What is this supposed to mean? You are still alive."
He was still alive, but Axel knew what would happen if he was discovered. He slapped his mouth and exited the house in a rush. After a short flight, he arrived at the entrance in the Forest of Venom. He took a deep breath and followed the path he made by scratching symbols in the tree trunks. Lying on the ground, staring at him with lifeless eyes, was his beloved Ally. 
"How could you do this to me? How could you say you will leave so you will never see me again?  I'm so sorry for doing this to you... but I hope nobody will find your body after this day."
The male looked around to see if there was anyone. For a brief moment, it seemed like he was alone, but Axel was mistaking. He grabbed Ally and tried to carry her deeper in the forest. A pair of purple eyes, with tears welling in them, were watching him. 
"If only I had been more patient... none of this would've happened. God, please, help me arrive home safely."
"You will stay here and pay for what you've done!" a threatening voice screamed.
A kunai flew towards Axel, hurting his left shouloder. He didn't see where the weapon came from and it scared him even more. He was supposed to be alone, but the voice proved him the contrary. The male thought it was a punishment for his crime. He abandoned Ally and tried to fly away, but a dagger hit him, injuring one of his wings. The falling didn't end well, leaving him with a broken leg. Now he didn't have any way to escape. His entire life recalled in his mind, thinking about the things he didn't have the chance to do and the dreams he coldn't make come true. The tree branches were moving in a sinister way, len=tting him know the stranger was near. With a loud thud, a little boy dressed with a black cape landed in front of him.
"Who are you?" Axel asked, trying to sound authoriatively.
"You already forgot me, Lian? Shame on you!" 
That voice was unmistakable. It was Ally's little brother. This time, he wasn't as innocent and shy as he used to appear in front of the male.
"How is this possible? I thought you were..."
"Gone? You're such a hopeless idiot. You realise this is your last day in this world."
"You don't have the guts to do it. You're just a little brat who ran away. Nobody even noticed your absence. I'll not beg you for anything."
As Axel was speaking, a bullet his him in the right arm.
"What do you think now? Come on, admit it. You are a fool. In this very second, you are thinking about your entire life. I can see the fear in your eyes. You can't escape. Everything ends right here, right now. Do you have any last words" the little boy said, pointing the gun at his heart.
"If you ever meet my little sister... please... let her live."
"Such a nonsense! I don't even know how does she look like, so I pity you."
"Do as I say, R-"
Axel didn't have the chance to finish the sentence. A gunshot silenced him forever. A single tear slipped on his cheek, as if he imagined the pain that Faye would endure.
"He dared to mess with me, he got what he deserved." Shadow said with satisfaction and disappeared in the woods.

"How will I be able to tell her?" the assassin asked himself.
Shadow exhaled sharply and glanced at his hands. 'If you ever meet my little sister... please... let her live'. These last words made him grit his teeth. Faye was lying next to him, but in his soul, he was trapped between the hammer and the anvil. On the one hand, the orders he had received, on the other hand, the last wish of the girl's brother. For a moment, he thought about freeing her, but in the end, he would pay with his life for disobedience. The moon pendant whined again faintly, getting Shadow out of his mind.
"I'm sick of this creepy thingi. Why does it have to shine every time I think about her or something related to her?" the teenager said, getting up angrily.


© 2017 LylaCrystal


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on May 4, 2017
Last Updated on May 17, 2017


Author

LylaCrystal
LylaCrystal

About
I'm just a normal person. People usually consider me weird because I'm just trying to be myself. I love playing piano and guitar, dancing, acting and of course writing. Art is an essential part of my .. more..

Writing
Tinfoil Tinfoil

A Book by LylaCrystal