Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by Ki
"

By Carly, from Joli's point of view.

"

When we got home from our akward coffee experience, Dad was sitting on the couch, reading a fairly large book. He looked kind of nervous, but once he saw us, his expression lightened and he set down his book. The News was also on, but at a low volume.
"Hey, girls! Where have you been?" He asked a bit too enthusiastically. I knew he already knew the answer. Bonding.
"We were just grabbing some coffee," I told him as I sat down on the chair and set my black tote next to it. I glared at him, and he just smiled like nothing was wrong, like he didn't make two sisters that dislike eachother try to bond. He raised his eyebrows, still smiling, and shook his head slightly, looking confused.
"Why did you want us to bond?" Charlotte asked. She went over and sat down on the couch next to Dad. I nodded, just as curious.
"Look," he started, his smile fading and glanced up towards me, then Charlotte, then the floor, "I'm just sick of you two fighting all the time. So is your mother and we agree that you two should try to get along, you know, try to be like twins, like sisters," he said. What a bunch of crap. Sisters fight all the time.
"Dad, you would of stopped us from fighting a long time ago if it was bothering you," I told him. It was true. Whenever something bugged him, he had to get it out. He did that when his old boss told him that he had to move to a crappy office in the basement because another man got premoted, he called him at two in the morning (because he couldn't sleep) to babble on about how it wasn't fair, that they should build another office. He even said there were rats in the basement. That's how he got fired. Now he's a docter, much better then a bussiness man.
"Yes, but now that your older, you should be acting more mature," he said matter-of-factly. What another load of crap. Charlotte tried to subtly roll her eyes when Dad wasn't looking. "And that doesn't matter right now, anyways. How did it go?" He asked and his expression was kind of nervous but hopeful.
"Well, it was going fine until Joli slaped me in the face," blurted Charlotte and quickly looked like she regreted it. What?! I never slapped her in the face! She's trying to blame it all on me!
"WHAT? Stop making things up, Charlotte," I said. She was trying to be daddy's little girl, like always.
"Not physically," she added quickly,"but when you said that I make you less popular, and bring down you stupid reputation, that kind of hurts my feelings, Joli. And it's CHARLIE! Not that you care about me of my name anyway."
I couldn't believe what she just said. Guess she had something on her chest. I care about her and I didn't know that calling her Charlotte bugged her so much. I mean she's brought it up before, but Charlotte is such a pretty name. I was trying to help her. But anger got to me and I didn't say this out loud.
"Well, Charlotte, at least I have friends. At least I have a life. At least I have a boyfriend!" I screamed. I don't know why I was saying all of this, I just felt like I needed to yell at something for a reason I didn't know. Charlotte was almost crying at what I said, and I felt a little bad.
"You don't understand," she started, her voice a bit shaky, "I don't want to be like you or like anyone else at Northbury. I want to be different. How can you not see that? And I don't need a bunch of stupid fake friends. I would rather have Willow then your stupid clan any day," a tear rolled down her cheek. I wasn't worried about that right now. Fake? Clan? I had a lot of friends, yes, but they were my friends, they were not fake. They help me through a lot! I was so angry at her for saying this that I stepped forward and slapped her across the face, not hard, but a slap. Her head turned slightly and she looked at me with daggers in her eyes.
"HEY! JOLI ANNE SMITH!" boomed my fathers voice. I forgot he was even here. He ran up to me, splitting the space between Charlotte and I, and looked me right in the eye. "There will be absolutly no hitting in this house, do you understand?" His voice calmed down a bit, but mine didn't.
"Did you even hear her? No, of course you don't because you love her more and never hear what I have to say," I screamed then relized I had tears rolling down my cheeks, too. I never relized that this bugged me so much. How he always asked Charlotte how her day was, everyday, and me only, like, once every other day. I just noticed their daily winks and smiles at the table, and letting her bring Willow over whenever but when my friends want to come over, he hesitates. Suddenly, it bugged me a lot.
Dad's face was hurt and Charlotte gasped, and he opened his mouth to say something, but we were interruped by a red light flashing from the T.V. and a strip at the bottom saying: BRAKING NEWS! BOY FROM NORTHBURY HIGH GONE MISSING!
And the news women taking up the rest of the space.
Carlotte jumped over my bag that was on the floor and right next to me. I was just as focused. From behind us, Dad turned up the volume. What just happened still made me fight tears, but this was the main thing to worry about right now.
"Hello, this is DailyNews with breaking news. A boy from Northbury High has gone missing from what it looks like, this morning. His parents called the police when they realized that he wasn't at school and when he didn't come home. His name was Donald Thompson, and here's a picture.
I didn't even need a picture. My eyes watered more and I couldn't even believe it. He was with us today! This morning, even! I felt hands on my shoulder but didn't care who it was. I also heard voices say my name calmly and quietly, full of care but I couldn't tell who it was. The room spun and I sat on the floor so I wouldn't fall. He was with us! Until... Until I left the car. He usually follows me out and says sorry but I didn't relize it because of... The text! God, what an idiot I am! If I just ignored it! I would of noticed! I was suddenly angry at Dad for sending me a text at that exact moment, and for the stupidest reason. I sat up and glared at my dad and pointed a finger at him.
"You... You did this. This is all your fault," I said, my voice very calm and steady but the anger was unmistakable. He looked at me with disbelief. He opened his mouth to say something, but I didn't listen I just laid back down and cried.   
 
 








© 2011 Ki


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
Added on January 3, 2011
Last Updated on January 3, 2011
Tags: Untitled, four, Joli, carly, book, friends, sisters, demons, vampires


Author

Ki
Ki

MN



About
Hi. I'm currently not adding any additional writing. more..

Writing
We are one We are one

A Poem by Ki


Who I Am Who I Am

A Poem by Ki


Breaking Dawn Breaking Dawn

A Poem by Ki