Chapter 7 "see you again"

Chapter 7 "see you again"

A Chapter by Matthew Ian Herrawood W
"

ummm... what can i say... i could have made this chapter more 'edge-of-your-seat' and didnt. the final arena fight takes place in this chapter.

"

 

Chapter 7
“See you again!”
 
“…And now the moment you all have been waiting for the moment of victor and the moment of loser the moment of slayer and the moment of slain who will it be the three that are new this year or the three fighters from Flinton lets find out” the gate slid open and me Ryan and Syriana ran to the middle of the arena Ryan drew his sword but me and Syriana kept our hands free as we stood back to back our opponents surrounded us in an open circle and slowly came in bad mistake as they drew closer Syriana slid into a stance ready for by the look some kind of martial art Ryan adjusted the sword so that the hilt rested on the bottom hand while the other hand was ready to push it off and I prepared to jump then suddenly we all moved at once as I flipped in the air Syriana kicked out a round house and at the same time brought her axe of her back Ryan pushed his sword which slid smoothly toward his opponents neck which he dodged Ryan then kicked him in the neck I landed on my opponents shoulders and as he crumpled to his knees I back flipped and drew my sword and before I touched the ground again blood had spurted from his neck were my sword had cut him Syriana was having a bit of trouble against her opponent he had at first held a sword but Syriana had quickly disarmed him and he had got out a bow she was now trying to get to him and deflect the arrows at the same time which meant she could not get out her throwing knife. Ryan was playing with his opponent and giving the crowed a chance too ohhh and Ahh and boo and cheer at him and his opponent he would even turn to the crowd and throw his hands in the air while his opponent stumbled I turned my attention to the bow man I reached for my bow and as I drew the arrow I realized that the other arrows I had got the wrong quiver the one with only the one arrow in it I drew back and made my aim careful then “Hinrkixn” I said and then let lose my aim was true the arrow flew knocking the other of course and imbedding its self in the chest armor of Syriana’s opponent she quickly dispatched of him at this point I noticed Ryan starting to get bored he killed his opponent. Suddenly as me and the other two were about to exit the gate shut and the crowd cheered we knew what was happening me and Ryan spun round and rolled each to a different side Syriana back flipped and twisted to face the other way me and Ryan grabbed one spear each as they flew towards the place we had previously occupied then we spun them so point was facing our real opponents the ones that had thrown the spears and threw them back here have it back I yelled as my spear skewered a man to the floor Suddenly the last man went down but I had to look to see what took him down then I saw the small double ended throwing blade in his chest I realized Syriana had back flipped and drawn and thrown all at the same time then we left the arena.
 
“That was amazing!” Lina exclaimed, “I wish I could do that”
“No you don’t” I said “when you sleep you would see all those you had killed they would be armed and have armor while you would be defenseless. Not even a grain of sand would be given to you to protect yourself and they would kill you as slowly and painfully as possible in a way every person you kill means coming closer to a mental death.” Lina was shocked and recoiled from my bitter tone, but recovered well I still wish I could defend myself and come with you but I cant I'm a prisoner here. She left but as she did some one entered “ my name is Onslow” they said in an annoyingly high voice “and as you did so well and are the champions you will get one wish as is custom you will get one thing only though so…” we all cut him off as me and Syriana said “Lina” he nodded and left then at the door he turned and said “You will be leaving tonight in one hour if you are not gone you will be killed so pack now as I fetch your prize” he left and then Ryan looked at Syriana and me. “I was gonna ask for a good nice hot stake” I laughed at the joke and started packing. However Syriana looked confused “meat” I said “Ah” she laughed and started packing as well.
 
We ran as fast as we could as arrow after arrow thudded into the ground behind us. Then suddenly it stoped. “And I turned to see the elf standing on the wall of the Arena and as I turned I heard the three simple words that made me more scared than I had ever been. “See you again”. We walked and then started to pick up the pace as it started raining. So we found some rocks that we used for shelter Syriana gave here cloke to Lina and then we slept.


© 2010 Matthew Ian Herrawood W


Author's Note

Matthew Ian Herrawood W
im always gonna ask for the same thing

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

354 Views
Added on August 24, 2009
Last Updated on April 27, 2010

Realm 3


Author

Matthew Ian Herrawood W
Matthew Ian Herrawood W

A Town, South Australia, Australia



About
A Introduction to my Realm Trilogy About the Author Matthew W is 24 years old (November 1 2016) and lives in South Australia. He has been writing and reading for a long time. Because he was su.. more..

Writing