CHAPTER 21 GARDEN OF STATUES

CHAPTER 21 GARDEN OF STATUES

A Chapter by Matthew Ian Herrawood W
"

This is the last place you would expect two lovers to share a kiss...

"

CHAPTER 21

GARDEN OF STATUES

 

I stepped carefully into the group of statues we didn’t know what surprises awaited us here. All the statues were life size all wore the spirit arrows clothes. Instinct told me to drop. I did and an instant later poison darts were flying over my head from every direction. Suddenly, carful was the last way I thought of moving I ran dodging around statues every now and then I would see one of the others running. I just kept running. Then I stoped realising my mistake. I had run into the middle of a heap of statues something told me not to drop but jump, so I did. Metal stakes flew up out of the ground but immediately dropped back down again just before they touched me. However the stakes didn’t completely return to the ground before I did and I felt the stakes pierce both my feet and slightly scrape the bone. I cried out in pain and saw one of the statues move towards me. I lashed out adrenaline numbing the pain. My sword bit into flesh and blood gushed from the Assassins right side. Now I knew the garden of statues held assassins that could imitate statues perfectly. I swung my sword again at the surprised assassin the point of my sword flashing across the front of the assassins throat creating a cut deep enough to kill him. Then I lunged right the point of my sword going straight through the stomach of a statue I withdrew my sword and sung at the next statue which fell to the ground with a clean cut in the middle then I did an over head cut and a sword was brought up to meet it I flicked my wrist and my blade arced over the sword held up to block my original swing and caught the assassin in the side. I kept doing this, destroying statues with my sword every now and then I would kill an assassin I had killed about 279 more assassins before Amy nearly ran into me.

“Matt! Daniel needs help now!” she grabbed my arm and took off to the left back the way she had come as we ran I cut threw a few statues and once I left a very surprised assassin behind me with a sword sized hole in his chest.

“There!” Amy pointed ahead of us were I could see Emily Ryan and Daniel fighting a large group of assassins. I took a deep breath

“Hey b******s!” I bellowed “Come here I’ll take you all on by myself!”

“Don’t yell at them to come here I was trying to sneak up behind them!” Amelia said sprinting past me silently. Amelia stabbed one in the back before any of the assassins turned around and by that time I had my bow out and was taking them out with deadly speed and accuracy. Amy’s blades slid out of her gloves as she punched on assassin because her blade was fully extended, when her fist connected with the assassins face he was already dead with Amy’s blade sticking out the back of his neck she withdrew her hand and moved on cutting through the assassins easily finally they all lay dead Amy retracted her blades and I stuck my sword point first in the sand and pulled Amy over to me then wrapping my arms around her I kissed her and had a feeling of total bliss as she kissed me back. Instantly I was standing in nothing no world surrounded me nothing existed except me, Amy, and the kiss we shared. however it only last for a second before she pulled back though I noticed she deliberately stopped before so I could still leave my arms wrapped around her. I found this strange as she was also scowling.

“What?”

“You know what happened last time Matt” I nodded. Amy was referring to I first trip to this strange land she had been taken hostage and I had to go rescue her wether I had to die trying of course those who had taken her didn’t know how we felt only that Amy Daniel Emily Ryan and myself were friends and they had relied on that to set the trap but me and Amy had decided that because of this event it would be better if no one knew how we truly felt.

“If you know” Amy said to me “Why did you do it?”

 “Because” I said “no one is here who is going to be able to use it we have to kill all the assassins before they will stop chasing us so there not going to be alive much longer” Amy tilted her head slightly.

“True” she said and lent into kiss me but before she did Daniel yelled at us.

“Get a room lover birds!”

“fine at the next inn me and Amy will share a room with each other” I answered Amy giggled blushing Daniel laughed and Emily smiled slightly While Ryan simply stood Arms crossed with an impatient look on his face.

“Maybe me and Ryan can share a room too!” we all turned to Amelia mouths hanging open stunned.



© 2010 Matthew Ian Herrawood W


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

375 Views
Added on May 6, 2010
Last Updated on May 6, 2010

Realm 3


Author

Matthew Ian Herrawood W
Matthew Ian Herrawood W

A Town, South Australia, Australia



About
A Introduction to my Realm Trilogy About the Author Matthew W is 24 years old (November 1 2016) and lives in South Australia. He has been writing and reading for a long time. Because he was su.. more..

Writing