chapter 19 Blood in bubbles

chapter 19 Blood in bubbles

A Chapter by Matthew Ian Herrawood W
"

Time for a bubble bath.

"

Chapter 19

Blood in bubbles

 

Marick slammed his cup down on the table

“More”

“Uhhh, don’t you think you’ve had enough to drink?” Emily asked Marick as the serving girl poured him another Ale.

“Nonsense. Don’t you worry Emly” he said missing out the ‘i’ and waving his arms wildly in his drunken state.

“I’m a dwarf. I ‘an hold my liqueur” he continued this time missing the ‘c’ in ‘can’.

“That wa’ the best game in... In... where are we?” he waved his arms wildly again sloshing ale down his top “it ma’ers not good game, good game” then he turned “an you matt” he said looking at an Area near my left shoulder “you” he pointed at my left shoulder “you” then his eyes rolled up in his head and he collapsed on the floor.

“Dwarfs” Amy said in disgust “they always say they can never get drunk and they always end up out cold on the floor.”

“Aye that they do young lady” we turned toward the new voice. Standing there was a man that looked like one of the soldiers that guarded the city’s duke. Duke Robert as he was called. The man continued.

“It is customary for the victors of the one day Muna contest to dine with the duke. I am here to escort you, there are others outside that form the rest of the escort.” As the Muna contest had finished around 3 we had only had a light meal and it was now nearing 5 so while we weren’t exactly hungry we had no fear of insulting the duke by arriving and not eating so without a large amount of thought we all stood and followed the man and the rest of the escort through the streets to the duke’s castle Leaving Marick the dwarf to sleep off his drunkenness on the floor of the inn.

 

As we ate we talked. Robert turned out to be a cheerful man in his early 40’s. We talked about nothing of any real coincidence and he asked us how we had heard of the competition. He asked us where we had come from and when we told him that we had come from Mlgi he had asked if we had heard what had happened to the crusaders. His eyes had narrowed when we had told him that we were the cause (apparently Amelia didn’t know we don’t tell people that sort of thing I made a mental note to tell her later) but he didn’t press the matter. When we finished the meal however he said.

“You bring about the downfall of a very powerful group that had turned to Evil. You enter a contest for a extremely rare book you have never played before and yet you are one of the most successful teams ever and not only that but you win and people try to kill you but you end up killing them (in self defence of course) I think I have sitting before me not just simple travellers with beginners luck but the famous Ryan, Emily, Daniel, Matthew, and Amy. However I’m not sure about you” Robert said to Amelia.

“She’s a friend of ours travelling with us” Amy told him “but yes that is us” he nodded

“I have heard many stories and all say that now you are searching for the lost letter ‘A’ and that once you find it you will rule our country” I laughed at this.

“Rule the country!? We just want to get home and once we finish this Bloody war we will!” I said firmly. After a while we got up to return to the inn only to be told all our belongings at the inn had been moved to a set of rooms there in the castle. We were also told that baths had been prepared for us something which we all welcomed.

 

I tilted my head back so it rested on the edge of the 5 by 5 meter bath and sighed appreciatively as the water soaked my skin I could almost feel the dirt run off my body into the bubbles that had been placed in every bath. After a few minuets I lifted my head then holding my nose and closing my eyes I completely submerged myself. Then I felt a pressure on my head I reached up and grabbed what felt like a wrist and pulled. Someone who had been holding me down fell in the water I jumped out of the bath and grabbed my sword then pulled on some pants as my assailant tried to clutch to the edge of the bath. I swung at him and a moment later the bubbles of my bath started turning red, but I was already opening the door and dashing into the hall way I heard a scream from the room directly opposite. I raced inside to find Amy, water just over her shoulders being strangled. I stepped forward and simply ran my sword through the back of the would be assassin.

“Matt! I’m in the BATH!” Amy yelled at me as I raced back to the door.

“Thank god for bubbles!” I yelled back. And raced into the door that was 2 down from mine where I could hear a lot of splashing and grunts as if two people were struggling against each other as I entered the scene that I was met with was one of Ryan standing interlocked in a struggle with another man both had hold of the others upper arms and they were pushing against each there and moving their legs as if to trip the other but the water made them too slow suddenly Ryan twisted his arms and the other man went spinning into the water letting go of Ryan I leapt into the bath sword point down so when I hit the bottom of the bath my sword skewered the other man. Ryan clambered out like me, he had his pants on.

“He pushed me back in” he explained to me while he retrieved his staff (which immediately transformed into a sword) and I went out the door. I met Amy and Amelia in the hall and Ryan arrived a moment later when we herd Daniel shout. We raced in to find him, with water just under his chest, forcing his assassin’s legs to suddenly leave the ground to have the assassin fall face first to the ground. Ryan quickly cut the back of his neck and then we left once again in the hall way we were about to enter the room were Emily bathed when suddenly a man flew through the wall next to the door and a fully clothed Emily stepped through the hole in the stone wall picked up the man and threw him through the floor to the second floor which was below us.

“Think he’s dead?!” Amy asked

“He’s still moving” Emily said looking down the hole in the floor “so no... Not yet” then Emily got out her crossbow and fired into the hole I heard a gurgling sound as the man choked on the blood that would be rising in his throat.

“He’s dead now” Emily said

“And that’s two times in one day someone has tried to kill us” Amy added.



© 2010 Matthew Ian Herrawood W


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

an you matt”
Matthew you're name starts with a capital as it is a proper noun please change this and get in the habbit of checing for thes little mistakes
other than that a wonderful chapter and as always i whould like to read more as soon as posabel please

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

409 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 5, 2010
Last Updated on March 25, 2010

Realm 3


Author

Matthew Ian Herrawood W
Matthew Ian Herrawood W

A Town, South Australia, Australia



About
A Introduction to my Realm Trilogy About the Author Matthew W is 24 years old (November 1 2016) and lives in South Australia. He has been writing and reading for a long time. Because he was su.. more..

Writing