Finally Feels like summer

Finally Feels like summer

A Chapter by Hazel Stone

I woke up with a loud groan and sat up in my bed I glanced at my alarm clock. It was eleven in the afternoon, I fell back on to my pillows rubbing my eyes .My dream, it was true but also the last conversation I had with her before the accident the next day. I pulled my sleeve seeing the small scar on my shoulder. I quickly dragged myself out of bed and into the kitchen dumping cereal in a bowl, I missed the bowl and poured some on the counter, I sighed and dumped milk in the bowl. I grabbed a spoon and sat at the table. Evan laughed at me.

“I know you’re not a morning person but didn’t think you looked like a zombie in the morning” He laughed walking past me and into the living room. “So... While you were sleeping like the dead I called up some friends to go to the beach including Katy and kora” Evan said leaning against the wall watching me eat.

“I’m not going in the water though” I said, he nodded. “Your still scared, a little bit of swimming wouldn’t kill you” I gave him a, ‘really’ look. “Well were leaving soon so, chop chop” he said clapping his hands twice. I gave him a stare then filled my mouth full of cereal, just as he said “god I hope mark doesn’t take his shirt off looks like a rainforest” I spat my cereal out every were laughing.

“Why do you do that” I complained, when I wasn’t gasping for air. He shrugged “Because I want to” he said in a nerdy voice. His eyes widened, “oh no” I groaned, doing a face balm. “Here we go, thought you’d forget” I whined loudly.

“You know that guy, what’s his name? Oh Billy Joe bob  was making fun of me he did an impression of me and it goes like-“ he scrunched  his tucking his shirt in his pants then smiled way to big. “You need the glasses Billy” I joked he looked at the counter and shrugged. I got up putting my dish away, “Boy’s” I said rolling my eyes.

“Girls” he said back loudly trudging past me and into the living room. The phone rang and I bent over picking it up, “Hello” I said dramatically.  “Hi is Evan there” I recognized Katy’s voice. “Yeah hold on”  I glanced behind just as he snatched the phone from me.

 

Later on we had made it to the beach, Mark and Evan was in the water. Katy sat next to me and so did Kora, Katy watched the boys then finally stood “I’m going to wash off or get wet” She said Kora looked up from her phone and nodded. She strode off and I glanced at Kora who was silent the whole time, I’m sure she was hiding something. I snatched her phone and tossed it away.

“Okay start talking” I ordered irritated. She gave me a cold look, “About what?” she asked, I glanced at the water than at her “What are you hiding your quiet and that gives you away” I snapped. “I’m hiding nothing” she said her voice going high like it always does when she lies. I stared at her.

“Fine” she snapped looking at the sand. “I got accepted to a college in Miami, and I’m going” she whispered. I was quiet for a good two minutes. “That’s really good, I’m happy for you” I admitted looking at her. “I-I’m so sorry its just an opportunity I couldn’t let pass bye” She said sadly. “s’okay” I repeated.

“Wow” she breathed, “That was easier than I thought” she finished with a smile. I laid down slipping my sunglass’s on. “You better keep in touch with me” I hissed at her, She laughed “Promise” she said holding out her pinky. We did a small pinky promise like we use to when we were little. She laid down to.

“Finally feels like summer” She said. “Yeah” I agreed. My phone rang two minutes later and I sat up answering it.

  “Hello” I said

You listen here, I have found you a job that may just give you your dream job” Jenny said quickly I stood up fast.

“Let’s here it” I say excitedly.

 

“Well, it’s a video shoot but they need a few photographers to take expert pictures and I thought of you. The man wants to meet you over dinner t interview you for the job, and rules. Its tomorrow night  at 7 at a fancy French restaurant in town” She said She told me the address which I wrote on my hand.

   “His name is Carter Smith call him Mr. Smith, and impress him Show him your ready to take on the real world, Darling if you can do this London cannot be far away” She said hanging up.

 

                I dropped my phone and just screamed, jumping up and down excitedly.

 

 

“This is it this how I’ll do it” I said after explaining it to Evan. He smiled and sat on the counter juggling to apples. “I hope you know that that man is probably very powerful and will be hard to impress” I frowned at him. “I didn’t think about that” I whispered my heart racing.

 

                “Hey  I said Probably doesn’t mean he will” Evan said to me. I glanced at him “really” I said sarcastically.

The next day

                I paced back and forth “Next question” I said nervously. Evan sighed “What’s your favorite color”.  “Well sir my favorite color is red with a slight pitch of pink” Evan rolled his eyes “Try red” he said. “C’mon Evelyn your over reacting you’ll do fine just be yourself, I think I’ll bury myself alive if I have to think of another Interview question” he said. I stopped to watch him only for a second.

  “I need another question” I decided pacing again, he groaned loudly.

                I was dressed nice and fidgeted way too much. I walked out of my room and into the living room. Evan laid on the couch Katy laying across his chest, he glanced up at me. “You’ll do fine” he said for the millionth time. “You look wonderful” Katy commented.

                “I don’t feel so wonderful” I said under my breath. I was actually really tired I had not fallen asleep last night that well knowing today depended on my future life. I glanced at the TV to see a film playing, I didn’t recognize.  ‘I have to go wish me luck” I said taking a deep breath. I left the house taking a taxi to the restaurant I closed my eyes trying to breath normally before the taxi driver said ‘Here you are” I opened my eyes and slipped out of the car.

                Here we go, I thought to myself. I entered the restaurant and going to the host. The restaurant was nicer than I thought soft piano music playing and candle lilted chandlers lighting up the restaurant. “can I help you?” asked the host, I glanced at her nodding. I’m suppose to meet Carter Smith” I said she glanced at her tablet oh yes of course he’s here follow me Miss Boyer” she walked through restaurant then stopped at a well dressed mans table.

“Here you are” said the hostess leaving, I smiled at her then glanced at the man he took a sip from his drink. I sat across from him. His stare was scary and not at all what I expected. I only pray to get through this and get the job.



© 2013 Hazel Stone


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on September 7, 2013
Last Updated on September 7, 2013


Author

Hazel Stone
Hazel Stone

El puerto de santa maria, Spain



About
Some things about me- *I love to Write and read *I love Action and adventure (anything that is unordinary COUNT ME IN) *Love ROMANCE * Fav color is ocean blue *never ever experianced a first Kiss.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hazel Stone


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hazel Stone


Capter 3 Capter 3

A Chapter by Hazel Stone