Chapter 1; The Sleepover

Chapter 1; The Sleepover

A Chapter by Samantha Doyle

“Are you sure we should be going to this?” Crow questioned. He had a tiny black and red backpack filled with many items for the night. His blonde haired friend turned to face him.

“Yeah! Besides, I’ll be bored and lonely if you don’t come!” She beamed trying to convince her friend to come to this sleepover with her.

“W-well… I’ll guess I come to keep you company. Don’t expect me to have fun, though! I probably won’t have any fun at all.” He blushed a bit, mumbling the last part to himself mostly. Mew still could hear him, though, as hard as he tried to make his voice inaudible. Mew’s cat tail wagged around in excitement much like a dog. Her ears seemed to be… happy, even if they were just barely moving.

“Good! Now I won’t have to be lonely like last time!” Mew happily stated.

“What happened last time…?” Crow asked.

“Basically, everyone did stuff without me. Auriana spends the most of her time with me at her sleepovers, so we decided this sleepover to not hang out with each other. Also since no one else normally hangs out with me, I was lonely. I did try to have other people hang with me, but they were ‘busy’. Busy in quotation marks.” Mew explained to Crow.

` “I see.” Crow replied. Mew was a little curious… about how his hair and the horns atop his head felt. She felt awkward asking, because she thought about if he were to say no. That was only what she was thinking about, though. To Crow, she looked like she was staring into space. He could tell that she was lost in thought, Thinking about something he doesn’t know about. He thought that whatever she was thinking about; he could help her out with it. He tapped a finger on Mew's shoulder.

“Mew? You okay? You seem lost in thought.” Crow worried. Mew turned around to face Crow.

“I’m fine! I”m just wondering about how your hair and horns feel…” Mew mumbled.

“You know you can feel them if you want. Heh, that sounds weird.” Crow responded. Mew did and she was basically petting. Crow’s hair felt soft.

“How is your hair so inhumanely soft??? What shampoo do you use?” Mew said in awe.

“The first thing I find.” Then, Mew went into her pen and she went onto her horse.

“Crow, do you have a horse?” She asked.

“No.”

“You can borrow my donkey or my mule if you want!” Then Crow hopped onto Mew’s donkey and began a long journey to the rainbow kingdom.

When they finally got to the huge palace, they got off the animals and put them into the horse stable. Then they entered the palace to greet the host of the party, Queen Auriana. She was already chatting up a storm with someone neither Mew and Crow have seen before. He has weird crystal earrings and seemed to have ice around his right eye. His other eye was covered with his hair, which was white enough to make him seem old. Auriana finished the conversation with this mysterious man and she turned around and finally noticed them.

“Ah! Mew and Crow! There you are! Welcome to my sleepover!” She greeted warmly. Mew ran up to Auriana to hug her. They’re best friends after all. Crow seemed to be a bit jealous from the annoyed look on his face that was there for only one second.

“Are we starting to do some stuff yet or what?” Mew asked.

“Yes, actually! We’re doing truth or dare! Wanna play?” Auriana encouraged.

“No, it’s not my kind of fun to be honest.” I replied.

“Fine, but we’re making Crow play with us.” Auriana said.

“Wait what?!?!” I said. I tried to make them stop forcing him, but he decided to do it so they’ll leave him alone.

“I’m gonna go play some minecraft while I’m waiting. If you need me, I’ll be in the tv room.” Mew walked to the living room. She set up everything on Auriana’s Xbox so she could play. A long while after, Mew heard footsteps down the hall.

“Who is it?” Mew called.

“It’s me,” Crow replied from a distance. “I’m just going to make this quick.”

“Wait,” Mew replied in shock “What do you mean by that?” Crow had come up close to her and knelt down so to her level. He kissed Mew’s cheek and then took off. A red blush crept up onto Mew’s face. She couldn’t focus on minecraft anymore. She laid down and watched some youtube to calm herself down. A while after those activities were done, Auriana went to Mew.

“Hey Mew! We’re gonna be making some cupcakes! Wanna join us?” Auriana asked.

“S-sure!” Mew stuttered, still thinking back to what happened with Crow. Wait, should I do more activities? It might be weird for Crow since he did... that. That could’ve been a dare so it might not be super weird, but it could also could be out of free will. Wait, why would it be?!?! He probably sees me as a friend. Mew thought. Mew followed Auriana into the kitchen.

“For right now, we’re just making the batter. After we do that we’re gonna decorate cupcakes for each other.” Auriana explained. After the cupcakes were ready to be decorated, Auriana explained the rules.

“Write your name on a piece of paper, as well as some things you like, then you can put it into this hat. Then, everyone will take turns picking out a slip of paper. Whoever you get is who you decorate the cupcake for. When you finish decorating it, give it to that person.” Auriana explained to everybody. Then we all started picking out the slips of paper. Guess who I got? Crow. I know Crow like the back of my hand so it wasn’t hard. It was red, with Crow written in black, and also in black to little horns like the ones he has on his head. When I finished, I went over to him, and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around and furrowed his eyebrow in confusion for a split second, then realized.

“Huh, that’s weird. I didn’t think you’d get me. This looks pretty good! Thanks, Mew!” He thanked while he held his cupcake.

“I’m going to eat it after I finish the cupcake I’m making. It’s for the new guy, Frost.” Crow explained. I turned around and went back to my area were I made cupcakes. Then, I felt a finger tap on my shoulder. It was Auriana!

“Hey Mew! This is your cupcake!” Auriana beamed while handing me my cupcake. It was black and Mew was written in white with cat ears and a cat tail, and also a pencil to symbolize how much I like drawing.

“Thanks, Auri! I really love it!” I thanked. It’s so cute to see the couples getting cupcakes and as well as the really close friends too. Some people get to give a cupcake to someone they don’t know, so that's good if they want to make friends. Mew thought to herself. After everyone finished their little activity, they decided to be able to give cupcakes to whoever they wanted. Everyone has a little plate for cupcakes so nobody knows who gave it. One of Auriana’s servants was making the undecorated cupcakes and he left out them when they were done so we can take some. Auriana did a countdown and when she said go, everyone ran to grab a cupcake. Mew decided to make a couple for Crow. When Crow’s area was left alone, Mew placed the cupcakes on his plate. Mew went back to her area and already found a bunch. A while after everyone finished and all the cupcakes were all eaten and gone, Mew felt a little sick.

“Mew, are you okay �-�︿�-�?” Eros, a pink haired matchmaker asked Mew.

“Just feeling a little iffy…” She replied, also unsure. Then, she felt the urge to throw up. She raced upstairs to the bathroom and threw up.

“I have to tell the others…” Mew said to herself. She went downstairs. Eros was talking to Auriana. When Auriana noticed Mew, she went over to her.

“Mew, you should go home! I can take you home!” Auriana worried.

“Nah… I can go by myself…” Mew said tiredly. Crow looked a bit agitated at that point.

“Mew, I get that you don’t want me to have to go home with you so I don’t miss the sleepover, but I didn’t really want to go anyways. Please, just let me take you home.” Crow tried to convince her to let him take Mew home.

“O-okay… Let’s pack up our stuff and go…” Mew said tiredly. Crow already had Mew’s stuff and carried it to the horses. Crow and Mew both rode the horse, with Crow controlling it and Mew holding on for dear life. Crow had the donkey on a lead and it followed. Mew ended up falling asleep. When Crow got to the castle, he didn’t want to wake up Mew, so he carried her up the stairs and tucked Mew into her bed. He decided he should look after Mew for a little while, so he went to his bedroom in Mew’s castle, right across from Mew’s room, and he eventually fell asleep.



© 2019 Samantha Doyle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on February 6, 2019
Last Updated on February 6, 2019


Author

Samantha Doyle
Samantha Doyle

NJ



About
I'm just a writer looking to improve her stories a bit! more..

Writing