Chapter 3; Baby, It’s Cold Inside

Chapter 3; Baby, It’s Cold Inside

A Chapter by Samantha Doyle

It was the next morning. The sun shined brightly into Crow’s window. His eyes burned from staring at it.

“Why would I even stare at the sun when I know it’ll blind me…” Crow mumbled to himself. Even though he didn’t want to leave his comfy bed, he got up to check on Mew. He opened the door to Mew’s room. She was laying on her bed with a content look on her face.

Heh… She’s so cute… Crow thought. He immediately realized what he was thinking and slammed  the door to her room and slid down on the door.

No! I can’t fall in love with her like every other friend I’ve had in the past! I need to push these feelings so I don’t ruin everything, He thought,

Should I make her breakfast? Probably not, since she just threw up last night…

He went and just grabbed a water for her instead. Hopefully Mew was okay now. When he left the water in her room, he realized that she was waking up.

“Mew? Are you awake?” He softly asked. “Did I wake you…?”

“No…” She responded, rubbing her eyes to wake herself up more.

“Are you feeling better?” Crow asked, hoping that the answer was yes.

“Yeah... I’m not gonna eat for the whole entire day to make sure I don’t throw up again…” She responded.

“Well, I’m gonna go home now…” Crow said, turning to go to his room. Suddenly, the power all went off.

“Heck,” Mew said “ I was going to get an electricity guy to do the yearly electricity tweaks so this wouldn’t happen. I waited too long… Okay, follow me.” and Crow started to follow Mew. After about 20 minutes of searching for the keys that open the door, Mew froze up for a second.

“Mew, what happened?” Crow worried.

“The keys are in a building outside the castle, so we’re basically trapped here until we can get out.” Mew said, in fear of Crow getting mad at her.

“Oh… well… I guess now I can take a break from leading the kingdom.” Crow replied.

“C-crow are y-you c-cold? I-I c-can g-get s-some b-b-blankets.” Mew questioned while her teeth chattered.

“No.” He blankly replied.

“W-wait, i-if y-you d-do t-that y-you’ll f-fr-” Mew said with question in his decision, but then got cut off by Crow doing something he’d never done to Mew before. He hugged her.

“W-wha- W-wait… h-how are you so warm?” Mew asked as she started to warm up.

“Spectors are naturally warm, especially in cold temperatures.” Crow replied. They didn’t do much the rest of the day, except Crow kept Mew warm. Then it was time for them to sleep.

“What should we do…? You sleeping without me would probably make me freeze to death, and if we did sleep together it’d be really awkward…” Mew questioned with Crow.

“It would be really awkward to… but I can’t risk awkwardness over you freezing to death.” Crow decided. They, very awkwardly, got close to each other to sleep.

“Crow? Can I tell you something?” Mew asked. She decided that she was finally going to confess to her crush.

“What is it?” Crow questioned. He was a bit worried it was something bad.

“Give me a second,” Mew asked. She took a deep breath. “I-I love y-you, Crow!” Mew stated, her cheeks flushing red. Crow chuckled a bit and smiled in return.

“I love you too, Mew!” He beamed. He kissed Mew, who did return the kiss while “dying” as she states it (but not actual dying, just super flustered or something). Mew was blushing so much when he pulled away. Well, maybe their time trapped in the castle won’t be so bad afterall. The day after, they temporarily closed the gates of the castle, which made no visitors allowed in until the electricity was fixed. They spent most of the week snuggling with each other and enjoying each other’s company.



© 2019 Samantha Doyle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on February 7, 2019
Last Updated on February 7, 2019


Author

Samantha Doyle
Samantha Doyle

NJ



About
I'm just a writer looking to improve her stories a bit! more..

Writing