Chapter 8; The New Rulers

Chapter 8; The New Rulers

A Chapter by Samantha Doyle

Recently, a couple of new kingdom rulers had been appointed. Who are they? That’s what this chapter’s about.

The new rulers were protectors of the prince from the lime kingdom, Alpha. He was also a new ruler. They were rulers of some more minor color kingdoms. They had decided to split up when they got to their timeline and visit their kingdoms, then go to the lime kingdom.

The leader Alpha was running through a forest. He didn’t recognize it, but hoped there was someone that could help him. What he didn’t know was that he was near the whiteelf siblings.

“Brother, do you hear footsteps anywhere?” Arcaena asked her brother.

“W-well y-yeah… T-they s-sound h-human, b-but I-I can’t recognize-who it is…” He stuttered. He was worried, and Arcaena could tell just from her nervous wreck of a brother.

“Well, let’s follow it!” She said while grabbing her brother’s arm and having him follow her. She found it was some human that had a mask. He stopped in his tracks when he saw them.

“Who are you?” Arcaena asked.

“Alpha Simons, I’m a time traveler and I just got back to my real timeline a couple days ago.” He introduced yourself.

“Venali, check the book?” She asked. He flipped open a book of the different species on Ayuzuma, the human-like ones.

“Time Travelers, a species of people who go through time to help messed up timelines, futures, but never pasts. They are never really in normal timeline except when needed…” He paused, looking at his sister if he should go on. She motioned for him to stop there.

“I’m trying to head to the rainbow castle so I can get my kingdom to be an actual kingdom, or just make sure it’s already a kingdom if it’s already existing.” Alpha explained.

“Well, you should probably wait for the next morning since the journey to the rainbow kingdom is long from here,” Arcaena suggested, “We can set up a guest room for you if you want.” Alpha agreed and he spent the night there.

The leader’s right hand man, Frost, a 23-year old man with ice powers was the closest to the rainbow kingdom than everyone else. He was also heading there because it’s Sunday and mass started soon, so he wanted to keep up his streak of going there everyone Sunday since age 7. If you didn’t already get it, he was part of the Irisian religion. He got there just in time, and after, he stayed to talk to Auriana, the priest and the one the Irisians worshipped at the moment.

“Okay, we have lots of application paperwork to do, so if we want it done, I suggest we get it done.” Angelica, the woman who’s basically Ariana's right hand man in the church, and yes, the Angelica that got married.

“Alright then! Wh-” She started then turned around and noticed Frost waiting. “Hold on Angelica, Frost what are you doing here?” Auriana asked, running up to him while smiling.

“I’m supposed to be meeting the other time travelers in this castle, but I didn’t know where to go so I just decided to ask you, where should we go?” He politely asked her.

“I know just the place that’s free for the next week or so! Let me show you!” She beamed. Angelica rolled her eyes from across the church because she knew they’d probably take a little while. Auriana had led Frost to the garden. It had lots of flowers and it was absolutely beautiful.

“Well, I need to get back to work, I’ll talk to you later.” Auriana waved as she ran back to the church.

“Alright, talk to you later!” Frost smiled as he waved. After Auriana left, he stopped smiling from realization.

Wait, I only smile around people I like, does that mean… I like her? How would Auriana feel if a mortal from her religion liked her? She probably already has so many people in her religion that like her… I don’t think I’d be good enough for her…’  He thought to himself. Auriana ran back inside to the church to the sound of Angel groaning.

“Are you okay?” Auriana said with concern.

“I just… threw up again… I’ll be okay…” She said.

“Angel, your not… expecting or anything, right?” She asked

“ Heck no! Well, at least not that I know of. Speaking of, can I take a 5 minute break?” She asked. Auriana nodded and Angel then flopped on the floor and layed there. She looked a bit weird, but she didn’t really care.

The last member that has been in the time traveler crew for a while is Bree Astraia. She’s 19, the heiress of the magenta kingdom and also a spector like Crow, but only the time travelers know about it. She also likes singing, so she decided she’d quickly try out for a band, then make it in time to get to the rainbow kingdom. She was currently in the audition room with a bunch of other people.

“Contestant #14, please head to the stage for the audition!” A voice on a loudspeaker called. She got up and ran down the hall to the stage. She then accidentally ran into someone.

“Ah! Sorry!,” He apologized, “Are you one of the contestants?”

“Yup! You must be one of the band members. Kiyoshi, right?” She asked with a smile as he helped Bree to her feet. That smile seemed to make Kiyoshi a bit shy from his blush on his face.

“Y-yes, I n-n-need to h-h-head back to the s-s-stage n-now, um, g-g-g-good luck out t-t-t-there!” He stuttered than quickly ran down the hall to the stage while seemingly covering his face.

Wait a second! Wait. A. Second. That was the most popular, and cute, band member and you didn’t even get an autograph? Such a shame. Heck, I need to start heading down there!’ She cursed at herself. Meanwhile at the stage, the three current band members, Morado, the drummer, Kurayami, the bass guitarist, and Kiyoshi, the lead singer. They also frequently switched it up so others could sing, and not just Kiyoshi.

“Why is this contestant taking so long?” Morado wondered.

“Y-y-y-y-yeah, I wonder w-w-why…” Kiyoshi stuttered.

“Whoa, dude what the heck has you all shy?” Kurayami asked.

“I-i-it’s nothing!” He said.

“It doesn’t look li-” He started, only to be cut off.

“The contestant’s here, shh!” Morado shushed them.

“Okay, so my name is Bree Astraia, and I’ll be singing “How Far I’ll Go” By Auli'i Cravalho. I have somewhere to be, so I’ll just get going.

(Verse 1)

I’ve been staring at the edge of the water

Long as I can remember, never really knowing why

I wish I could be the perfect daughter

But I keep going back to the water


(Refrain 1)

Every turn I take, every trial I track

Every path I make, every road leads back

To the place I cannot go

Where I long to be


(Chorus 1)

See the line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me

And no one knows, how far it goes

If the wind in my sail stays behind me

One day I’ll know

If I go there’s just no telling how far I’ll go


(Verse 2)

I know everybody on this island seems so happy, on this island

Everything is by design

I know everybody on this island has a role on, this island

So maybe I can roll with mine


(Refrain 2)

I can lead with pride, I can make us strong

I’ll be satisfied if I play along

But the voice inside sings a different song

What is wrong with me?


(Chorus 2)

See the light as it shines on the sea? It's blinding

But no one knows, how deep it goes

And it seems like it's calling out to me, so come find me

And let me know

What's beyond that line, will I cross that line?


(Chorus 3)

See the line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me

And no one knows, how far it goes

If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me

One day I'll know

` How far I'll go


As Bree finished up the song, the boys clapped. She also pulled out a guitar from a guitar case and played a short guitar version of “How Far I’ll Go”. The boys again clapped.

“Oh, when do the announcements for who’ll be in the band be released?” Bree asked while packing up her things.

“Actually, we’re not sure yet, but auditions end tomorrow, so we go through all our notes and the forms and then we’ll pick some and then we’ll go from there.” Kurayami. Explained

She then waved bye to the members and headed to the door.

“Now, Kiyoshi, tell me, you were blushing because of her, right? Tell me, did you kiss? Make out? Or maybe even-” Kurayami teased.

“I’m just gonna go…” He said while his face was super red, like a tomato. Kurayami turned to look at Morado. The auditions were going to be put on hold for a couple minutes since Kiyoshi went away, and they needed him to be there. Bree was just about start heading off to the rainbow kingdom on her horse when she noticed Kiyoshi running up to her.

“I know I should’ve asked you while you were in the auditions room but the guys would tease me, s-s-so… Can I have your number? Not for any weird reasons like that, but you seem like a nice person and whether or not you get to be in the band or not, I-I-I-I’d like to get to know you better…” He mumbled.

“Of course!” She beamed at him. They took turns telling each other their numbers. He waved bye to Bree and went back inside feeling a bit lightheaded. Kiyoshi was the type of guy that felt shy around every girl, which left Bree thinking:

Hah, he’s so shy around girls, his singing makes him seem so much more confident. This is why he’s my favorite member, and he is actually kinda cute… It would be interesting to date him, but if I did, I’d want to get to know him more first, and SHOOT I’M GOING TO BE SUPER LATE IF I DON’T HURRY!’

The last bit of Time Travelers were two new members. They were rookies. The first was Alaska Schnee, she has snow powers, is a human, is 18 years old, is German, and she’s also the cousin of Frost. The second member was Sebastian Rubio, doesn’t really have any powers but is good at fighting, is also a human, also 18 years old, and is Spanish, which is also his only language. He’s learning English but the problem is; he doesn’t speak much English so it’s hard for him to communicate with the others.

April 7th, 2018 Alaska 2:18 PM

Where are you guys at?


April 7th, 2018 Frost 2:19 PM

The Rainbow kingdom garden. Here’s a link to the map (A/N: If the link is clickable, please don’t click it because I don’t know where it leads you to)

https://Ayuzuma.Maps.com/Rainbow/Thisisalink


April 7th, 2018 Alaska 2:21 PM

Thanks! Also, can you all just introduce yourselves so I know who you are?


April 7th, 2018 Frost 2:23 PM

I’ll go first. I’m Frost Klunker, the leader’s right hand man, and also your cousin. Fun fact, I’m an Irisian. I’m devoted to Auriana


April 7th, 2018 Alpha 2:24 PM

I’m Alpha, the leader, and the one you’ll protect. Fun Fact: I can paralyze you with my eyes.

April 7th, 2018 Bree 2:25 PM

I’m Bree, and you could describe me as either the girl, or the illusionist. Fun Fact: I’m really great at singing!


April 7th, 2018 Alpha 2:24 PM

What about Sebastian? Can you ask him to send a text about him to us?


April 7th, 2018 Alaska 2:26

Sure! If I can ask him, that is…


Alaska stopped texting in the group chat and tapped Sebastian’s shoulder.

¿Sí?” He asked. Alaska quickly typed something into google translate and tried her best to say some Spanish to him.

“¿P-puedes presentarte a todos en el chat grupal?” She asked, hoping google translate and also she didn’t butcher anything. She seemed to have gotten it right, and Sebastian held up a thumb, and beamed.

“¡Por supuesto!” Alaska looked up what that meant, and smiled a little bit.


April 7th, 2018 Alpha 2:25

What do you mean ‘if i can ask him’? He should know English, right? Unless I’m forgetting something…


April 7th, 2018 Sebastian 2:26

¡Bueno! Soy Sebastian, tengo 18 años, y realmente no tengo ningún poder, ¡pero puedo bailo realmente bien!


April 7th, 2018 Alaska 2:27

That’s what I meant… Use google translate, everyone…


April 7th, 2018 Bree 2:27

He basically said he’s Alaska’s age, has no powers, but can dance.

Puedes pelear bien, sin embargo. ¿Derecha?


April 7th, 2018 Sebastian 2:28

¡Si!


April 7th, 2018 Alpha 2:29

Enough dilly dallying! Just get here as soon as possible. We’re also gonna need someone to teach Sebastian English, so we’ll need to discuss that as well.


Alaska and Sebastian hurried to the rainbow kingdom’s garden. They finally had reached the destination. After they settled some needed things, all their kingdoms had been opened and they were to go to them immediately with some soldiers. Sebastian was going to learn English from Morado and Violet since they are fluent in both. They called them up first to make sure it was okay.




© 2019 Samantha Doyle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on February 7, 2019
Last Updated on February 7, 2019
Tags: Kingdoms


Author

Samantha Doyle
Samantha Doyle

NJ



About
I'm just a writer looking to improve her stories a bit! more..

Writing