Chapter 6; Life by the Shores

Chapter 6; Life by the Shores

A Chapter by Samantha Doyle

Marina stood by the ocean. She was admiring its beauty.  

“M-marina? What are you doing?” Venali, her elf ‘friend’ asked.

“Admiring the sea. You know, everyone born by the sea is naturally drawn to it.” She explained.

“I can see that, since you live by the sea and you can’t be at the sea all the time,” He rambled, “Oh! I’m beginning to ramble again.”

“It’s fine. So, how’s Arcaena doing?” She asked, trying to make small talk.

“Good. We’re all prepping for her 15th birthday. The doctors said she will finally get her growth spurt by then, so we’ve been buying her new clothes and stuff.” He explained.

“If you have a celebration, invite me to it.” She asked, but more like commanded.

“O-okay…,” He stuttered. They both stared at the sea for a little while longer. “I really need to be heading back now. Dama is probably waiting for me…” He stated.

“Wait! Before you go…” She asked. She kissed his neck and he jolted up while his face blushed red, but he stood still to let Marina kiss him.

“U-um… Before w-we g-g-get… distracted… I-I n-need to g-g-get h-home…” He stuttered while putting his dark green hood on. He ran throughout the forests to get to the cave where he lived with other elfs. When he got there, he saw his little sister, Arcaena.

“Brother, why are you so late?” She asked him.

“I-I um…” He started, trying to explain to his innocent little sister.

“Got distracted again?” She slyly said with a smirk.

“I-it wasn’t m-my f-fault t-this t-time!” He tried to defend himself.

“I can somewhat believe that. Now come to the castle, it’s getting late. While the elf siblings were about to get ready for bed, Marina and the girls were just getting started.

“Marina, so you’ve finally come to us for helping you on a date for Venali?” Mew squealed with a glimmer in her eyes.

“Chill out, Mew,” Amber said, glancing over at her, “So, what do you need us to do for a date with Venali?” She asked.

“Well, in all the years of us dating, he’s never seen me in makeup or even a real dress, so I want to change that “

“I think he’s okay with you not wearing makeup or dresses. I’m 100% sure he likes you the way you are. Are you sure?” Amber asked her.

“I’m not too sure about it… plus, I feel like being more fancy just for one night.” She wondered.

“Well, okay then. Tomorrow’s that date, right?” Amber asked one more time to clarify.

“Yup! See you guys tomorrow!” She waved. Mew and Amber waved back.

The next day, Marina arrived at Mew’s castle. More of the girls were their, too.

“Alright girls, you’re ready to dazzle up Marina?” Mew asked. The other girls cheered in response. Every girl who was leader of one of the kingdoms or some sort of royalty was there. Everyone except Arcaena.

“I didn’t think you’d be this excited about making me fancy…” Marina said with a surprised tone in her voice.

“Well, let’s just get started already.” After lots of work, makeup, brushing hair, straightening and picking out a dress, Marina was finally ready.

Her brown hair that was normally about straight had been slightly curled. She wore some winged eyeliner and some eyeshadow, and some dark blue lipstick. She didn’t wear any foundation or anything like that because she didn’t want to wear too much makeup. She wore a cyan dress, with only one strap on her left shoulder, and no other strap. She wore cyan shoes that had a strap on the ankle, but no heels.

“You look amazing Marina!” Storge complemented.  

“Oh! The date starts in 30 minutes! Let’s get you there now!” Mew said. She led everyone into a limo and she drove.

“You have a limo? I thought you only had a horse, donkey and mule?!?” Agape shouted, surprised.

“I only got this recently… Kurayami had some money from a recent concert and he bought me this since it’s almost my birthday..” She explained.

“YOUR BIRTHDAY?!?! When is it?” Alaska, one of the newest kingdom rulers asked.

“April 8th. I’m gonna turn 19 in 2 days.” Mew stated.

“Are you doing anything for your birthday? If so, I’d want to come if it’s a celebration we all could go to.” Marina said.

“Alright!” Mew happily replied. Once the girls arrived at the place, they let Marina go outside.

“Call us if you need a ride home! I’m going to drop off all the other girls at their places!” Mew shouted from the car. She drove away down the road. Marina took a deep breath then walked into the place. Then, she went into the restaurant. She sat down at her table, and not long after, Venali came.

“Hey Marina.” He tried to start but then turned to him seeming surprised about her outfit.

“Are you okay?” She asked, a bit worried.

“Y-yes… I-I-I’m just surprised t-t-that y-y-your w-wearing a d-d-dress… n-n-not that y-y-you s-shouldn’t b-b-be w-wearing a d-dress… S-s-s-speaking of that, you l-look r-really n-nice tonight.” Venali stuttered and blushed while trying his very hardest to be confident.

“Thank you!” Marina thanked.

Thank Iris I didn’t say ‘you too’ to him! I mean, it’s not that he doesn’t look bad, but it might be weird considering I’m wearing something a bit more fancy and he’s wearing something somewhat casual…’ Marina rambled inside of her head.

AHHHHHH! Marina looks so cute! I wish I said something other then nice… but saying something else then that might be creepy for her! AHHHHH! Why can’t I have more confidence like normal boys?” He fanboyed inside his head. After a night of Marina wondering whether or not she should or shouldn’t have got fancy, and Venali trying not to stare at her face too much. Then, they started to leave, then they got to the front.

“Hey, do you think I should dress up more on our dates?” Marina asked.

“I don’t want you to just because I said so… I think you should just wear whatever you want… I think you’re beautiful either way…” He said while rubbing the back of his neck. Marina blushed a bit then brightly smiled at Venali.

I finally said something without stuttering! Yes! Finally-’ He cheered inside of his head, but was interrupted when Marina kissed him. He kissed back. Marina swore she heard someone say something like ‘So cute!!!’ but she ignored it. They had a great date, and it was probably the best one.



© 2019 Samantha Doyle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on February 7, 2019
Last Updated on February 7, 2019


Author

Samantha Doyle
Samantha Doyle

NJ



About
I'm just a writer looking to improve her stories a bit! more..

Writing