Chapter 2:I turned around forgetting all my training and saw the last person I would have ever expec

Chapter 2:I turned around forgetting all my training and saw the last person I would have ever expec

A Chapter by Miss_Stery

I stopped running and stretched out my long legs. I turn my head to the left and saw a family of three, playing on the beach. A dad, a mom, and a five year old girl. Memories came flooding back, a gasped at how strong they came on. Soon memories flooded my vision and I knew I had to sit down. I sat down on a nearby bench and watched the memories float in front of me like videos on a TV.

*Flashback (1)*

I was a little girl the age of four turning five. I remember the day like it was yesterday. It was pouring rain outside and I was disappointed because my mom promised to take me to look at my new school. She said it was a special school that would help me follow in her footsteps. I sighed and wished that I could finally see this special school, but mommy said it was unsafe to drive in this weather.

“What are you doing, luvvy?” I heard the sweet melodic voice of my mother.

“Wishing it wasn’t raining cats and dogs, so you could show me my new school... You promise it’s gonna help me be like you right? ‘Cause I wanna be just like you, mommy!” She smiled down at me.

“Yes but lets not talk about that now... You wanna play hide-and-go-seek with mommy?”

“Of course I would love to spend time with you mommy!” What can I say I was four and easily distracted at that!

We played hide-and-go-seek for hours! She was always hiding somewhere I could easily find her. I remember one time she hid behind a curtain with her feet sticking out so I could find her.

 

*End of flashback (1); beginning of flashback (2)*

It was my first day of school. I was so excited; I had been waiting for this for months! My mommy and daddy walked me in and we met a lady. She was tall and had blonde hair that was brighter than the sun. She talked to my mom and dad and led us to my class. There was a woman assigning seats to everyone. I sat by a boy named Alex, I knew it wasn’t his real name though because before we came to school my mom told me that I would have a nickname here. She told me that no one but the people at my school could know my nick name except for her and daddy. My daddy asked me what I wanted my name to be. The first thing that came to mind was Ever or Rayne or maybe even Skylar. They said I could use all three; so I gladly did! I said by to mommy and daddy and sat down in my seat.

“Hello, Ever! My name is Alex! D-do you wanna be my friend?” I looked at him and nodded my head.

“Yay!!! I have a friend!” From that day on we were inseparable, well until the day my mom disappeared.

 

*End of flashback (2) Beginning of flashback (3)*

            Imagine an 8 year old girl waiting for her mom to come home. Sitting by the window seat watching cars go by not one of them stopping at her house. Soon it got late and mom was supposed to be home an hour ago. I knew all about what she does for a living except she finally decided she will not kill any more, it was weighing heavily on her heart and she was gonna put a stop to it. After this last mission to kill a terrorist, of course. I guess you could say that her job is never done, she's been trying to get out since I started 2nd grade and now I was in 4th. I guess you could say I was ahead of the class and skipped a grade along with my best friend Alex. I was wondering where my mom is, when my eyes slowly drifted shut.

“Princess…. Princess wake up. Please wake up Fallen.” My eyes snapped open my dad only called me Fallen when something was wrong. I stretched and looked up at his worry stricken face.

“Is something wrong daddy?” He looked at me tears flooding his eyes.

“Your mom… she completed her mission.” I looked at him confused.

“That's great! Now she doesn’t have to-”I was cut off by him shaking his head.

“It came with a price…” I was confused what was he trying to say. He must have seen confusion plastered on my face because he elaborated.  “Y-your mom isn’t coming home, Fallen. She was killed after she destroyed the plane with the target on it.” Shock, anger, surprise, depression, agony, numbness. All I could feel was agony. It was tearing me up inside. My dad was lying… I know he's lying; my mom will pop out from behind the kitchen door and yell “Just kidding!” I know this isn’t real! I-I’m having a nightmare I’ll wake up! On a count of 1, 2, 3….

*End of flashback (3)*

Tears rolled down my cheeks because I never did wake up from that nightmare. Not once and I don’t think I ever will… I looked around me; the family I saw earlier was nowhere to be seen. I had a strange feeling I was being watched. And boy, I was so not in the mood to kill someone right now. I could feel “daggers” as someone stared at my back. I turned around forgetting all my training and saw the last person I would have ever expected to see.



© 2010 Miss_Stery


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

403 Views
Added on December 6, 2010
Last Updated on December 18, 2010
Tags: love


Author

Miss_Stery
Miss_Stery

Where the wind takes me...



About
Hello, my name is Emily Rose Carter. But if you were one of those paranoid people and looked me up, you will find that I do not exist. Just like Lemony Snicket, Emily Rose Carter is a pseudonym. I lov.. more..

Writing