Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Special: A Day With Vera

Special: A Day With Vera

A Chapter by Matthew-Ryan Willams
"

A look into a normal day with Vera D. Rolong

"

Today, I Aurtorius, castle recorder, will be following Vera D. Rolong as she goes through her day.
Vera's day starts early, as she prepares for her morning study. While most of us know Vera as the child warrior, and niece to King Justo, while not battling enemies Vera is a somewhat normal child. She attends morning classes with the other children of the city, but has been moved to advanced classes. When I asked one of the teachers why, they told me she mastered the skills of children twice her age in a matter of days. They were astounded by how fast she consumed knowledge. She now attends special studies with castle historian Hickman.
After morning studies, she has her afternoon meal with her aunt, Queen Annita, and General Baronias' wife Katra. She is very fond of her aunt and katra, and loves to spend her meal times with them.
"Meal time is shortly followed by afternoon training with General Baronias and Combat Mage in training Alisha. Vera uses her trusty giant axe Ragnor, which is also a mystic weapon. Sources say mystic weapons speak to their owners, but that fact is still yet to be proven. Vera and Alisha are what warriors call a "Combat Couple," meaning while each can hold their own in a fight, together in sync, they are unstoppable. I tried to get a comment from the general after the lesson, but he seemed to be in a hurry. Vera usually stays longer after initial practice to spar with the soliders. To date, Vera is vet to be beaten. After training time, Vera spends the afternoon with her uncle walking through the city. They go to the city square to watch the acrobats and jugulars, and to listen to the traveling bards. King Justo even treats her to sweets when she has had a good day in study. When she returns to the castle for the night, Vera gets a nightly story from her uncle as well. Here we leave Vera, snug in her sheets. Waiting for the next day, and the days adventures. Everyone knows what she is a destructive force out on the battlefield. I for one am glad to know she has another side, a more normal side. I hope in future full cycles to come, she gets to live this side more. This is castle recorder Aurtorius, saying goodbye from Castle Activus.


© 2015 Matthew-Ryan Willams


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on August 1, 2015
Last Updated on August 1, 2015


Author

Matthew-Ryan Willams
Matthew-Ryan Willams

St Clair, MI



About
Reading literature has always been a big part of my life, but lately I have taken to writing my own. Writing has saved my life numeral times in the last few years so I wanted to share what was created.. more..

Writing