Chapter 1~Mother's Ghost

Chapter 1~Mother's Ghost

A Chapter by MsMermaid
"

My mother passes away.

"
When I was pregnant with my seventh and last child I went to visit my mother, who was living in a different state than myself with her sister. (I in Southern California. They in Utah). This is the only reason I can think of for my young daughter's affinity for her grandmother, whom she'd had very little affiliation with from birth to age 7, when my mother passed away.

At the time of my mother's passing, my young daughter was living with my niece in a town not far from where I lived with her siblings. My niece gave me and my daughter a ride to Arizona where the funeral was to be held, since that is where my mother and her sister had moved to and was living with and working for my older sister who lived there and had a day care.

At this time I was a single (divorced) mom, raising my family, and couldn't afford trips to visit relatives in far away places, so my daughter had practically no contact with my mother. But once we were at the funeral, during a private viewing before the service began, my daughter insisted on kissing her grandmother "goodbye". I lifted her up to the coffin and she kissed her grandma's cheek.

Not long after, my daughter returned home to live with me and her siblings. She was playing on the swings in the back yard with her friends one day when I heard one of her friends say, "Who are you talking to?"

"My grandmother. Can't you see her standing right there?" The friend turned to look where she was pointing and saw nothing. "You're crazy!" She taunted and went home. My mother regularly visited my daughter, who thoroughly enjoyed these visits with a grandmother she hardly knew during her young life.


© 2011 MsMermaid


Author's Note

MsMermaid
Avatar photo is of my youngest child sitting on her big sister's lap.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Jasmine... It is, after all, about my experiences. I believe that what was happening in my life at the time of these experiences has a direct bearing on why the experiences. It sounds formal because I'm not writing it like a fictional novel. I'm writing an accounting of true ghost experiences I have had.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

this was chilling yet wonderful..it feels wonderful at times to realize that we mayn't be gone forever after death..even I have had instances like that which I have heard,but not yet experienced myself..flesh decays but its the soul and love which is immortal!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very wonderful experience. I wish I had visits from my grandmother too (I'm serious)
I'm sure your daughter must have really enjoyed them. Also, The picture of your daughter is really cute.
Loved the write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Jasmine... It is, after all, about my experiences. I believe that what was happening in my life at the time of these experiences has a direct bearing on why the experiences. It sounds formal because I'm not writing it like a fictional novel. I'm writing an accounting of true ghost experiences I have had.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

aww.. It's sad, but a great start! However I think it sounds too formal, too autobiographical...
~Jasmine Thousand~

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 11, 2011
Last Updated on December 13, 2011


Author

MsMermaid
MsMermaid

Spokane, WA



About
I've been writing poetry since I was a child, but I still have a lot to learn. I like the old fashioned rhyme and meter style of poetry, but have tried my hand at Haiku and other styles. I hope to hon.. more..

Writing
Sparkles Sparkles

A Poem by MsMermaid