Chapter 7~Motorcycle Ghost

Chapter 7~Motorcycle Ghost

A Chapter by MsMermaid
"

Ghosts sometimes "hitch rides" to haunt others besides the original people they have been haunting.

"
My oldest daughter and I drove from Washington to California for a visit with her younger brother and his family in Silicon Valley. Her little boy had never been to a beach before, so she took him there for awhile, and I went in to visit with my son.

He started telling me the story of his motorcycle ghost. Apparently the person who lived in the Town House before him was a motorcycle enthusiast. He even brought his bike in on the living room rug to work on it. There was a big grease stain on the carpet and the entire carpet had to be replaced it was so bad.

Cedar Point - Motorcycle Rider Skeleton
Shared with Flock - The Social Web Browser

This guy was killed in a motorcycle accident, but my son would see him tearing out of the Town House living room on his bike, right through the front window onto the street outside and off he would loudly go. Sometimes he saw him in the garage, tinkering with his bike. Sometimes my son would be awakened in the middle of the night by sounds of a motorcycle being revved in the living room.

As we were driving home a few days later, my daughter, who hadn't heard the story, glanced in her rear view mirror and said, "Mom, there seems to be a ghost on a motorcycle sitting in the bed of my truck." So then I told her about her brother's ghost and for who knows what reason he must have decide to come home with us.

A few days later she called me to tell me this motorcycle ghost was driving her crazy with his pranks. "He's making my son think I'm calling him to come to me and when he shows up and asks me what I want I tell him I wasn't calling him."

Then one day she called to say that this terrible ghost was getting out of hand. Apparently her roommate was working on a tall and heavy wooden book shelf and the ghost toppled it over on him. "Now I'm worried for my son's saftety."

Then she called to tell me that she had found a way to solve her hitch-hiking ghost problem and how relieved she is. One day she was driving in her truck and noticed the ghost riding right next to her on his motorcycle and leering at her. She said, "Hey, you know what I heard on the radio this morning? They're having a motorcycle rally in Montana. You should go check it out." She happened to be telling the ghost the truth, and it was fortuitous that she remembered about it. She doesn't usually pay attention to stuff like that. He took off full speed and she was never bothered by the ghost again, nor was her brother either. In fact he had called to tell me he hadn't been bothered by his ghost ever since we left, and I told him about the ghost hitching a ride with us, but his sister sent him off to a motorcycle rally.


© 2011 MsMermaid


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! That was a strange way of making a ghost go away. Great job telling it to us.. really enjoyed it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's kind of funny when the ghost takes off after he hears that there is a motorcycle rally in Montana. The little details like that really draw the reader into the piece. Interesting write! I am looking forward to more.
~Jasmine Thousand~

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 13, 2011
Last Updated on December 13, 2011


Author

MsMermaid
MsMermaid

Spokane, WA



About
I've been writing poetry since I was a child, but I still have a lot to learn. I like the old fashioned rhyme and meter style of poetry, but have tried my hand at Haiku and other styles. I hope to hon.. more..

Writing
Sparkles Sparkles

A Poem by MsMermaid