Chapter 9~Apparitions and Visions

Chapter 9~Apparitions and Visions

A Chapter by MsMermaid
"

My experience with angels and Paramahansa Yogananda

"
I'm the mother of 7 adult children. When my sixth child was just a baby I had an extrordinary experience. I was in church when I heard an inner voice saying that my infant son was "going home". To me that meant he was going to die. I was very scared. When I got home I knelt in prayer and said that I loved my baby and didn't want to not have him anymore, but if that was God's will, I accepted it, and "please send Your angels to comfort me".

I took my infant son into my arms and lay on my bed cuddling him and crying. Soon I fell asleep. As I began to stir awake I felt something brush up against my cheek. Instinctively I swiped at it with my hand. I opened my eyes and saw white hands inside long loose sleeves reaching towards me. It was the sleeve that was brushing my cheek. I started to cry, sure that the angels had come to take my son home to Heaven. But then the vision vanished and my son was still softly breathing and sleeping peacefully.

I slid down off my bed to my knees and began praying when suddenly another vision opened up to me. A woman with long wavy black hair, parted in the middle and falling over her shoulders stood before me, holding my son in her arms. I was confused because this apparition was not a glowing white being as other visions I'd had before have been. She had a beautiful copper complexion, dark soft eyes full of love, and wore a colorful floor length tunic.

11 Swami Yogananda STAMP
Shared with Flock - The Social Web Browser

She spoke to me and said. "Dear one, you misunderstand. I am not here to take your son. I hand selected you to be his mother because I knew you would be able to teach him what he needs to know and do in order to return home to God when his earth life is over." I was so relieved. I said a "thank You" prayer to God and thought nothing more of it.

A short while later I was on the bus when I heard a familiar sounding voice talking to someone in a seat in front of me. It was an East Indian man with dark hair and copper skin who was speaking. His voice sounded very much like the voice of the woman in my vision. I made a mental note of this event and then put it out of my mind.

I got off the bus and went into the metaphysical book store I was going to. As I scanned the shelves my eyes fell on a familiar face on the front of a book. It was the face of the woman in my vision. Same dark wavy hair parted in the middle... same olive skin and large dark and loving eyes. I snatched the book up. The title was "Autobiography of a Yogi", and is the life story of Paramahansa Yogananda. As I flipped through the pages I saw a picture of him dressed in the same long tunic I had seen him wearing in my vision. I realized that I had mistaken him for a woman because of his long hair and tunic and soft high pitched voice. But he was from India and had a similar voice to the man on the bus. I bought the book to learn more about him.

Then years later I found a little thin book written by an associate of Paramahansa Yogananda. In it the author explained that this marvelous Yogi had the mission in his after life of going into the region of the Astral Plane where souls who have been on a negative downward spiral are that wish to turn things around and spiral upward towards God. He brings these souls who have had some very negative experiences and places them into homes where they can have a chance to learn the truth that will bring them back to God.

This book answered questions I'd had about my son who seemed to have some sort of "persecution complex" and had a huge chip on his shoulder for reasons I couldn't understand. I'd even had medical tests run on him to determine if something biological was going on in his body to cause this frame of mind. They found nothing wrong. So I sent him to personal counseling to work with his apparent psycological problems. His therapist could not find any reason for his attitude.

The book helped me to understand that this behavior is simply a cellular memory carry over from many negative experiences in his past lives, something I had not in the past believed in. I didn't believe in reincarnation until something happened that taught me differently. But that's another story.


© 2011 MsMermaid


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

WoW! You had a vision of Paramahansa Yogananda? That's really lucky of you! He was one of the greatest Yogis ever seen by human civilization.
I will be impatiently waiting for your further writing in this book.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

307 Views
1 Review
Added on December 21, 2011
Last Updated on December 24, 2011


Author

MsMermaid
MsMermaid

Spokane, WA



About
I've been writing poetry since I was a child, but I still have a lot to learn. I like the old fashioned rhyme and meter style of poetry, but have tried my hand at Haiku and other styles. I hope to hon.. more..

Writing
Sparkles Sparkles

A Poem by MsMermaid