Chapter 5~ Blue Vapor

Chapter 5~ Blue Vapor

A Chapter by MsMermaid
"

More to ghosts than you think.

"
I sold my second house and moved into a rental that my Realtor owned. By now all of my children were out on their own except my youngest daughter, who was a teenager.

In the rental house I noticed that the door to the basement, where my daughter's bedroom was always seemed to be standing open. I would close it and make sure it was securely latched, and then the next time I looked, it would be standing open again. This would happen when my daughter was at school, and I was the only one in the house.

Then one day I was sitting at my kitchen table drinking some herb tea and glanced over at the basement door, which, sure enough, was standing open again. I started to get up to go close it again when before my eyes a man in baggy clothes materialized and walked down the stairs. He wasn't a frightening person, but I was a little startled to realize I had a resident ghost AGAIN!
Novus Ordo Seclorum $1
Then a very strange thing happened a few months later. I was feeling very agitated and there seemed to be an air of heaviness around me. As I sat in my kitchen trying to shake this feeling I looked at the wall across from the table at the picture I had hung there of a pyramid with an eyeball in the capstone. The eerie feeling seemed to be emanating from this picture.

I remembered when I had been watching the televangelist, Benny Hinn recently he told of a time his father brought a small ceramic vase home he had purchased on vacation that had the same picture on it as the one on my wall. Shortly thereafter he started feeling agitated and felt heavy energy around him and called his son for spiritual advice.

When Benny got to his dad's house dad showed him the vase he'd bought while on vacation. Benny grabbed it and smashed it into a million pieces and they both heard a shrieking sound from this item that was apparently possessed by a malevolent spirit, who departed. So I got up, snatched my picture off the wall and threw it in the fireplace, then lit a fire and burned the picture, even though it was a hot summer day.

I heard what sounded like heavy breathing and saw some gooey stuff dripping down from the picture frame that had held the picture and assumed that the metal frame was melting. I took the fireplace poker and retrieved the frame, to discover it had not melted at all.

After the fire went out the room felt eerily cold to me, so I thought maybe a draft was coming down the chimney. I cleaned out the fireplace and covered the opening of the fireplace with a large piece of wood. I noticed that my feeling of agitation was gone, and so was the heavy feeling.

The next day I was watching TV when my landlord, who had been my Realtor for both transactions of buying and selling houses, knocked on my door. This wasn't unusual because we had also become friends and did things together quite often or he would just come by for a visit. When I opened the door he said, "I was driving through the neighborhood and noticed some blue vapor coming out of your chimney and I was wondering why you were burning in your fireplace on a hot summer day." I told him I wasn't burning in my fireplace, and showed him that I had even covered the opening of the fireplace up. So he told me to come outside and look for myself. I obliged, and sure enough, coming out of my chimney was a thin blue vapor. I shrugged and said, "Hmm, maybe there was some moisture in the chimney and the summer heat caused it to evaporate into water vapor."

He seemed satisfied with my explanation, but I knew there couldn't be water vaporizing in my chimney because the fire from the day before would have evaporated whatever water, if there was any. Also, water vapor isn't usually blue like that. But I had read that some people have observed blue vapor whenever ghosts were coming and going, and a man that used to astral project all the time said his friends saw a blue vapor come out of his ears whenever he would astral project.

Just to satisfy myself, I drove around the neighborhood to see if blue vapor was coming out of anyone else in the neighborhood's chimney. I didn't see any blue vapor, until I pulled up into my own driveway. It was there for the rest of the year that I lived in that house, and I decided a lot of ghosts were coming and going.


© 2011 MsMermaid


Author's Note

MsMermaid
More ghost stories to come.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well... That was little bit of spooky. My mouth was dropped open the whole time I was reading it.
Between... The pyramid you are talking about is called the 'Pyramid of human knowledge" and the eye is the "All Seeing Eye"... The combination of these two is a popular symbol in Masonic and many other cultures (You must be knowing this already though)
Yup.. the experience was truly eerie... Loved it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Could you notify me when you add the next chapter? Thanks,
~Jasmine Thousand~

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 12, 2011
Last Updated on December 13, 2011


Author

MsMermaid
MsMermaid

Spokane, WA



About
I've been writing poetry since I was a child, but I still have a lot to learn. I like the old fashioned rhyme and meter style of poetry, but have tried my hand at Haiku and other styles. I hope to hon.. more..

Writing
Sparkles Sparkles

A Poem by MsMermaid