Chapter 2~Treasure in the Wall

Chapter 2~Treasure in the Wall

A Chapter by MsMermaid
"

My children's other ghost experiences in a house we lived in for 13 years. This is the same house my mother came to for visiting my youngest daughter.

"
When my fourth child was a young toddler we purchased a new home for our growing family. I was pregnant with our fifth child. We lived in the house together until our youngest was only a baby in diapers, about 20 months old, when we divorced.

My husband kept the five boys with him for the first two years of the divorce and I kept our two daughters. He remarried, putting two families together. His new wife had 8 children from a previous marriage and then they had two children together, so there were 17 children altogether, 15 of which lived with my ex.

I lived alone during our six month separation period before the divorce was finalized, at which time I took the girls with me. The house we still owned together was rented out for two years. Then I went back to that house and took custody of our 7 children and lived in the house until I moved with 5 of my 7 children to Spokane, Washington in the fall of 1989. By then one son had married and moved with his wife and daughter to Hawaii, and another son had also married and moved to Silicon Valley, where his work in the computer industry had transferred him.

The man who built the house we purchased was a contractor who designed and built houses. He built this particular house for his fiance, as a wedding present. He put many built-ins and extra special features into this quality built home that was intended for him and his new bride, so we knew it was a well built house with no corners cut and no costs spared in its creation.

Unfortunately the intended bride broke off the engagement, so the man moved into the house anyway and brought his elderly father with him, who died in his sleep about 4 years later. Heartbroken, the man rented the house out for about 6 years until he decided to sell it and we purchased it.

One day I went into the boy's bedroom to put away some clean laundry and found my then 5 year old 3rd child standing in the closet and clawing away at the wall there with his bare hands. I scooped him up, scolding him and asked him what he thought he was trying to do. I had assumed he'd gotten carried away in some imaginary game playing. He explained, "I was looking for the treasure in the secret compartment behind the wall." This seemed to confirm my suspicions until he went on to say, "The ghost told me I could keep the treasure if I would go there and get an important paper that's there for him." Puzzled, I was about to probe further when my oldest daughter, who had overheard, came in the room and added her part of the story.

"Yes Momma, he's telling the truth. The ghost lives in my room. His bed, where he died, once stood where my bed is now. I see him lying in a ghostly bed that is higher than my bed, so it looks like he is floating above my bed when he is laying in his bed. But I'm not scared of him, even though he tells me that our family doesn't belong in this house because it is his. He says if I look in the closet wall between my room and my brother's room I will find a deed there that proves the house is his. I guess, since I ignored his request, that he decided to get my little brother to find the deed. I tried to tell the ghost that even if he's telling me the truth it would do no good because he has died and we live in his house now. I tried to get him to leave but he's a stubborn old man."

I had no desire to tear down walls to prove the story out, and continued to live there in the home until we divorced and then I came back two years later and lived there until that 5 year old son grew up and married and moved away. Then his older brother did likewise, and shortly thereafter we sold the home, divided the proceeds and I used my nest egg to move to Spokane.


© 2011 MsMermaid


Author's Note

MsMermaid
The picture is of 4 of my 5 sons. The oldest one in blue is the 5 year old in this chapter.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hum.. Another superb write. I do believe that this is your true experience. Ghosts do appear in front of children because adults are too well minded to experience their presence.
Great Job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yes, absolutely every word of it is exactly as it happened.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Um...Is this a true story?
~Jasmine Thousand~

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 11, 2011
Last Updated on December 13, 2011


Author

MsMermaid
MsMermaid

Spokane, WA



About
I've been writing poetry since I was a child, but I still have a lot to learn. I like the old fashioned rhyme and meter style of poetry, but have tried my hand at Haiku and other styles. I hope to hon.. more..

Writing
Sparkles Sparkles

A Poem by MsMermaid