Wind Songs in Acappella

Wind Songs in Acappella

A Poem by Kelly Scheppers

Wind Songs in Acappella

 

 

another June precipitates days

of sun bleached hair

 

weekends of cocoa buttered skin

and volley ball beaches

 

with Picasso sunsets

and margarita evenings

 

as seagulls in adept formation

gather wind songs  in acappella.

 


© 2023 Kelly Scheppers


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is Summer bliss in four couplets! You always manage to create a scene with brilliantly visual words - in this poem each couplet holds great streaks of memory making coloured moments.

'weekends of cocoa buttered skin
and volley ball beaches'

Posted 2 Months Ago


My God! What a gorgeous picture you paint! I'm originally from the Jersey Shore, Atlantic City, and can so I can easily see, and remember, all that you just gave us. You brought back sooooo many fond memories. Thank you - Kelly.
Take care - Dave.

Posted 5 Months Ago


Wow… I feel the warm sand between my toes as Seagulls keep my Soul within the 🎶 Music of the Sea… gently, Pat

Posted 8 Months Ago


Your poem is a beautiful and nostalgic ode to the joys of summer, and the way that this season can evoke a sense of freedom and carefree abandon. The opening lines, "another June precipitates days / of sun bleached hair," set a dreamy and romantic tone, suggesting that the speaker is reminiscing about summers past and the sense of possibility that this time of year can bring.
The way you describe "weekends of cocoa buttered skin / and volley ball beaches" creates a vivid sense of place, conjuring images of sun, sand, and surf. The use of alliteration in "Picasso sunsets / and margarita evenings" adds an extra layer of sensory detail, and the final lines of the poem, "as seagulls in adept formation / gather wind songs in acappella," create a sense of harmony and beauty in the natural world.
Overall, your poem is a beautiful celebration of the joys of summer, and the way that this season can evoke a sense of wonder and possibility. I appreciate the way you use sensory detail and vivid imagery to draw the reader into your world, and the way that your poem captures the magic of this special time of year.

Posted 9 Months Ago


Kelly Scheppers

9 Months Ago

Your profound insight into my poem overwhelms me. I am most gracious for your time and kindness. T.. read more
very fine imaging Legs! i did a travel nurse assignment in San Diego and then in LA and gave myself an extra week to treat myself to CA sun and beach .. i stayed at sea side in a 900 sq. foot hotel room on the second floor .. i had a small patio that opened onto the beach, waves and sea gulls floating before my eyes when the wind was just right .. i still feel the blessing of it just talking about it .. and that was about 15 yrs ago. wonderful read ..your "Wind Songs in Acapella" .. yes indeed!!
E.
ps. and belated happy 4th to you dear friend .. i am working my way back to more regular visits .. peace and joy sister!

Posted 9 Months Ago


The perfect life I'd love to live. Your talent for putting images in the readers minds is a gift not a lot of poets have. Great writing, Kelly.

Posted 9 Months Ago


Kelly Scheppers

9 Months Ago

How glad I am to have you here, Tim. Thank you so much!
acapella voices .... so wonderful and what a joy to hear the harmonzsing too with the wind.

A perfect image you have created here Kelly :)

Posted 10 Months Ago


Kelly Scheppers

10 Months Ago

Thank you, Stella! It's a special piece for me!
I could be blind and see and feel the month of June through this poem, and the last two lines are exquisite. Beautiful.

Posted 10 Months Ago


Kelly Scheppers

10 Months Ago

Thank you for a most poignant review, Andra! So nice to meet you!
You beautifully captured the month of June and the approach of summer just right around the corner! Summer's here now!!! Thanks for sharing, Enjoy summer while it lasts!

Posted 10 Months Ago


Kelly Scheppers

10 Months Ago

Thank you, Aura!
Aura

10 Months Ago

You're welcome!
And now the desire to head down to Cape Hatteras is even stronger. Only 3 months to go and your lovely poem has just made the wait seem even longer.

Thanks Kelly ... liked this a lot. ;>]

Posted 10 Months Ago


Kelly Scheppers

10 Months Ago

The best review I could possibly get! Thanks, Ted!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

463 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 9, 2023
Last Updated on June 9, 2023

Author

Kelly Scheppers
Kelly Scheppers

San Diego, CA



About
I was never a pearl kind of girl... always wore jeans with holes in the knees. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Change Change

A Poem by Soren