A story

A story

A Chapter by Octavious

Jillian and I were on the balcony, discussing what to do next over a hot cup of tea. It was nice - yes, but I can assure you that you were most defiantly  on my mind. After, possibly our third round of tea, the little light that we had against the night sky was gone, and the moon had taken over. Both of us agreed that it was time to re-enter the house, which is exactly what we did. For quite some time it was quiet, but then a dog was barking, growling whimpering; everything. My goodness I thought the beast was bipolar for crying out loud. 
After some time of waiting, praying that the dog would stop I got feed up, no one was going to stop me from finding that dog an ; pardon my English, kicking it up the arse. Jillian herself couldn't even stop me, her choices were to let me go with or without her, of course, her being amazing but also paranoid of me vanishing one day came with me. I followed the demented sound all the way to the edge of the river just behind the house. You wouldn't believe what I found. Two men. One dead, and the other very much alive.
The poor man was whimpering and crying so much, and so loud that he convinced me that he was a bloody animal. We startled him, and most defiantly gave him a run for his money, he ha his gun towards us, ready to shoot us both on the spot, but with the way he was screaming there was no doubt that someone had summoned the authorities by then, they were going to show up within a heart beat, ever since I left the game, they've been begin for some action other that a child robbing an apple stand.
"What do you want?"  It was to dim to see his face, but I could tell that this guy knew he was going to jail., and he didn't like the idea of that, "What's your name boy." I didn't really know why I said 'boy' he was about the same age as me, if not older, possibly a year younger, but that would be pushing it by just a tad. "That's not important."  His gun was still facing me, and Jillian was calm as could be, just leaning against a tree, which I believe mad the man even more uneasy, as if we were sent to kill him by some 'boss man'. I honestly had no idea what to do, yet alone how to break the ice, so I did what any killer wants, I gave him the best advice possible in order to come out free.
"If you want any chance of getting out of this, I suggest you take everything you touched on that man and burn it, also I suggest you find a way to distract hunting dogs from your scent, along with covering up foot tracks, and making some false tracks to through them off." I had no smile on my face, I was looking at the gun, and back at him. "And I suggest you take that gun and put it back in your jacket before you have to do all of that work twice." You should have been there, I sounded like someone of importance, someone who knew what they were doing, which I did when it came down to staying innocent.
 Jillian was still leaning on the tree looking at the seconds passing by, waiting to go back home. The man looked like he was going to cry, his face was literally melting; he was sweating so much.
"What's wrong with you, why do you know all that, who are you?" Now this is where I had some trouble, I didn't really know what to say, yet alone what to do, I wasn't going to share my identity to this man. 
"Home!" that was the first thing the had come out of Jillian's mouth ever since we'd gotten there, the man had jumped at her voice exploding, I think he had forgotten that she was there. He looked at me funny, wondering what she was talking about. "H'olme . . .s, Holmes. That's my name, Holmes; Mr. Holmes, I live in the house up the hill." I kept on repeating that name in my head Holmes, Holmes, Holmes, but honestly I wish I came up with something better, but I'm stuck with it now.
It wasn't long when I heard the howling dogs, and the police men screaming out orders to one another, they were coming down to us faster than I had anticipated.
"I need you to help me." He sounded desperate, he was vulnerable, I had him rapped around my little finger. Jillian smiled at me when I looked back at her with my 'opportunity face'.
"What do you have to offer?"  I started walking up closer to him waiting for a response, fully convincing myself that if what he had to offer wasn't anything of value to me, I'd throw him to the wolves, become a witness and everything. Turns out, he's a con artist, a man who can give me the official identity of innocence that I need. He was officially in, I didn't care what his name was, he was coming to live with me.
"Deal." Is the only thing I said, immediately, and right in the nick of time, because the police had come and went the hole five yards, guns were pointe at us, and the word freeze screamed out over an over again, it was time to put all of my studies to the test.
"Well finally, I should report to the chief and make sure that you all get fired, your timing is unforgivable, because of your laziness this man had a chance, and bleed to death because you all lacked in the one mandatory recommendation; physical fitness." I was proud of myself as I screamed at what I used to call my enemies.
"I am the chief." Of course it was the fat man who stepped forward, an you' think the one that everyone in the force had to look up to would be fit, because they would have to do the important stuff, but no they're the ones who drink the most whiskey, and eat the most food at a banquet.
"I didn't mean you, I meant the chief of our country, who is also known as the Prime minister, or who I like to call, my very close friend, and brother in law." I stood my ground, looking at the chief straight in the eye.
"And who are you." I needed a first name, but I had nothing to use as a name, I looked at Jillian she was just playing around with her locket.
"Sir?"
That was what I was going to use. "Sir . . . shire . . . shear . . . locket . . . Sherlock, yes my name that's who I am; Detective Sherlock Holmes, I'm in charge of this investigation, I was sent from Toronto, all the way to London, That' show bad you all are."  I could see the con artist looking at me frightened.
"And this fellow, along with this lovely women back here?" My heart started to pound, I didn't know his name or anything.
"This is my . . . sister, and this man is-"
"Watson, John Watson." He was going to put his hand out to shake the chiefs hand, it was a smooth move. And for the most part I think he was believing it, So we both just went on with it.
"Is this because of the Ripper case?" I wanted to flinch, but I had to remember that I wasn't the Ripper I was a Detective, named Sherlock Holmes, which was a stupid name, but you won't believe what happened what happened. The chief shook my hand and Watson's, assuming that that was why we where here, and I was perfectly ok with that, along with Watson.
"Take the body and samples of everything, We have to go back to my office, to retrieve my badges and paper work for you, and we'll meet you there."
They all listened, and now here we are, at home waiting for John to make my paper work and my badges and such, finding contacts that will be in on this, I hope your proud of me.
Love, your detective,      
Sherlock Holmes  
 
  


© 2015 Octavious


Author's Note

Octavious
Apologies for the horrible grammar.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on March 11, 2015
Last Updated on March 11, 2015


Author

Octavious
Octavious

--------------, EST, Canada



About
I enjoy exploring many parts of writing, but in the end I like to think about how I am going to surprise and disturb my readers with my newest works, I also love reading good writing, then again what .. more..

Writing
The Apron The Apron

A Story by Octavious


396 km 396 km

A Story by Octavious