Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Oh, the ship is exploding, fantastic.

Oh, the ship is exploding, fantastic.

A Chapter by James
"

Yes, the action has finally started, and I AM SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG, AND I AM SORRY IF IT IS SHORT OR RUSHED!

"
Max's POV

I was dreaming I was floating in the ocean, everything was dark, except for the dim outline of the moon far above me. It was so peaceful, minus the fact I couldn't breathe, but I knew I was holding my breath in real life. As soon as I ran out of breath I would wake up with my head buried in my blanket. I felt pressure underneath me, and I shot upwards, my real body going weightless.

Narrator's POV

As the ship lurched forward, Max was launched upwards, slamming into the top of her bunk, and then falling to the floor. She bolted upwards and she realized the ship was crashing. Multiple voices could be heard from outside the door, mostly confused or panicked screaming, other stronger; more confident voices directing an orderly exit, though Max could tell no one was listening. Max grabbed her box and quickly grabbed the equipment she didn't already have with her and ran for the door. It began to open but stopped halfway and Max squeezed herself through the skinny vertical gap.

Once Max was in the hallway, she ran as fast as her legs could carry her. Her eyes scanned over doorways and signs, looking for two words: Escape pods. She rounded a corner and found a wide room filled with people. Max was barely noticed since most of the people here were adults, which meant most were taller than her. She was fairly tall at five-foot-seven, but that didn't help when most of the men were close to six-foot-three. Scrambling colonists were running around panicked and Max found the problem, nobody knew where the pods were.

"Hey, kid! Follow us!", was all Max heard in the jumbled voices all around her. A group of people in their twenties were motioning for Max to follow them, and with one of them tugging on her arm, she was pulled out of the crowd with the strangers.

"Where are you taking me?!", Max yelled to be heard over the blaring alarms and screams. She jerked her arm away but continued to follow them.

"We know where the escape pods are!", one of the people, a guy with brown hair tied back in a ponytail shouted back, rounding a corner and slamming his fist on buttons on the walls, multiple doors shot open revealing small rooms. Each with two chairs with safety belts welded to the wall, a map, a console suspended on the wall under the map, a device called a fabricator, and a storage compartment. Max hesitated and the view outside caught her eye.

Outside the window, the ocean's watery surface was speeding towards the Aurora, and Max shot herself into one of the pods, shutting the door behind her.

"Ok, ok, activate launch..", Max muttered to herself, her fingers speeding over the console. A woman's voice came over the speakers inside the pod and it began counting down from ten. Around six or seven, Max heard some static, like a minor glitch, but it disappeared as quickly as it started, and the countdown continued.

Max was strapping herself into the chair on the left side of the pod, tightening the straps on the belts and praying to whoever that she would survive this. The counter hit zero and Max's head snapped to her shoulder as the pod shot from the Aurora's hull. Max felt like she was flying blind, not sure where she was going or where she was. Her panic increased as a sheet of metal tore itself from the pods inner lining and began bouncing around inside. That lasted all of three seconds and the sheet flew towards Max's face. At the force of the impact, everything went black.


© 2016 James


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on May 26, 2016
Last Updated on May 29, 2016


Author

James
James

Canada



About
I have a creative mind and I enjoy writing fan fictions. Most of my stories are about video games or animes. more..

Writing