Apperantly I'm the captain now

Apperantly I'm the captain now

A Chapter by James
"

Once again. I AM SORRY THIS TOOK A WHILE TO WRITE!!!!

"
Narrator's POV
Max woke up to the sound of muttering and typing. Don was already awake, he seemed to be studying a map. The boy smiled as Max stood up from her curled position on the metal floor and stretched her back. Nothing like a night on a cold metal floor to fix the ol' lower back, am I right (haha sarcasm).
"Mornin' Captain!", Don said with a smile, the map on the console's screen being replaced with his face. Max groaned, not out of annoyance, but because she was tired and sore.
"Hey Don", Max yawned, stretching her arms above her head. "How'd you sleep?" Don shrugged and returned to his work, his expression seeming to go from "happy" to "grim".
"Alright I guess." his tone quiet, "Hey, Cap'n? I have some bad news for you.." Max eyed the console and nearly had a hear-attack.
"WHAT!? WE'RE RUNNING ON THIRTY PERCENT POWER!?!" Max shrieked, possibly loud enough for all the fish in a mile radius to hear her. Don cringed at her shouting, and, based on his expression, seemed to feel that it was his fault the power was low.
"What do you suppose we do Captain?" Don's voice slightly panicked. He should be too, if the power went out, he would eventually die, so to speak, and with nobody on this planet, it could be a VERY long time before somebody found him and could reboot him. Max now eyed Don in a way you couldn't quite explain and asked: "Don? Why do you keep calling me that?"
"Whaddaya mean?", Don replied, his usual smirk missing, but a soft smile in it's place.
"You keep calling me "Captain", why?" Max asked again, her head tilted to the side in a questioning manner.
"Well, you are the Captain", Don replied in a matter-of-fact tone "I take orders from you now"
"What are you talking about? I'm not the Captain of anything! Even the students at my school refuse to be a part of a club or activity that I'm in charge of!" Max protested, her arms raised defensively.
Don opened a page on the screen and zoomed in of one of the paragraphs on the page.
"It says here: If the Captain of the Aurora should perish or resign his duties, the next ranking officer takes the role as Captain. You're the only survivor of the crash, you're the Captain."
Max froze momentarily, too stunned to speak.
"I-I'm.. The only.. Survivor?" she whispered.  


© 2016 James


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on June 11, 2016
Last Updated on June 15, 2016


Author

James
James

Canada



About
I have a creative mind and I enjoy writing fan fictions. Most of my stories are about video games or animes. more..

Writing