My pod is on fire, things just keep getting better.

My pod is on fire, things just keep getting better.

A Chapter by James
"

Good news guys, I'm almost done some of my fan/cover art for this story, so it should be done within a week or two, can't wait to finish it! It may not be professional, but I'm happy with it!

"
Max's POV

I woke up with a throbbing pain in my head, both front and back. Where was I? And why did it smell like smoke? Wait, smoke? Smoke = fire, fire = bad, not good. I attempted to stand from my sitting position, and was pulled back down by the safety belts attaching me to the chair. I practically tore the straps on my belt off and tripped over my own feet from dizziness and my headache.

I scrambled from the floor towards the storage compartment, tearing it open. Yes, a fire extinguisher! The shiny red cylinder felt cold in my hands and I gagged as I inhaled another mouthful of smoke. I didn't hesitate putting the fire out, the flames quickly disappeared. I could finally breathe, the air filters kicking in.

I felt and saw a slightly crusty and sticky substance on my forehead and my eyelashes, it was tinted red. I felt my forehead and found I had a cut on the left side of my head, starting in the middle and going diagonally to my temples. Fantastic. I rummaged through the storage compartment again looking for a first aid kit. I was doing this mainly without seeing, but I was fairly certain I had cleaned and bandaged it properly. I tugged on the sleeves of my wetsuit just like I would sometimes do when I was nervous. I played back what had happened before the fire. Oh, right. The crashing ship, crazy people, guy with the pony tail, escape pod, metal sheet hitting me in the head. Wait, where the heck was I?

I pulled myself up the ladder in the center on my pod and heaved the hatch open. The bright sunlight momentarily blinded me and I stood up crookedly the scent of salt stinging my nose. I opened my eyes to see the wreckage of the Aurora in the distance, and everywhere else? Water. Water as far as the eye could see.


© 2016 James


Author's Note

James
Very sorry that its short, but I'm still in school and I have a bedtime.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on May 27, 2016
Last Updated on May 29, 2016


Author

James
James

Canada



About
I have a creative mind and I enjoy writing fan fictions. Most of my stories are about video games or animes. more..

Writing