I have an idea, lets swim for nine hours and grab metal!

I have an idea, lets swim for nine hours and grab metal!

A Chapter by James

Max's POV
 
I don't believe it. Out of three-thousand-something people, all of them perished in the crash? Except me?!? I know multiple jerks who would have wished other wise. I know I prayed to "whatever powers that be" that I didn't die in the crash, and I'd survive, and junk like that; but this is DEFINATELY NOT what I wanted! I felt like doing several things at once. Curling up in a ball and staying that way forever, screaming at the top of my lungs until I lose my voice, going for a swim and straight into the jaws of something that could eat me; but nothing would make me feel better or solve that problem.
 
I did however need to find a new place to survive, and a way to power said place... And find a way to get home... Now that I think about it, I have an ever-growing list of problems (most of them crucial to my survival) and limited resources, and NO IDEA what I kind do to fix it... Wait a second, yes I do!
 
"Don, is there any good places around here to find metal and to build a structure?" the AI nodded looking back to his map.
 
"There's actually tons around here, and from what I can tell, there is about thirty five limestone outcrops, most likely containing valuable and strong metal like titanium. Why?" It took my digital companion all of three seconds to figure out what I meant. We both grinned, neither of us was going down without a fight...
 
Narrator's POV
 
All day from; dawn 'til dusk, Max was digging in the reef for metal. Titanium and copper mostly. Don spent most of his day figuring out how they can make tools to build underwater bases stronger than space stations, and how they can power them. The "powering the bases' was the hard part. It wasn't like they could just build a nuclear reactor. Well, they could but there was already a radioactive hunk of metal in the ocean, and if it failed and blew up... You get the idea. 
 
Don noticed his friend was a bit wobbly and could clearly hear her stomach growling. Oh shoot, he thought, she probably hasn't eaten or drank ANYTHING in a while. As far as he could tell, there was edible fish in the area, and if Max found a salt deposit or something the fabricator could extract water. Max was laying in a tired and hungry heap. Her legs were freaking KILLING her. Over nine hours of swimming in salty water followed by back pain.
 
"So what are we going to do about the things we don't have? Not to mention you need to eat and drink something," Don was studying his list again, undoubtedly wishing he wasn't just a robot and could contribute to this project. Max didn't answer, she simply held up one of her fingers to say I need a minute
 
"I saw these red and beige pods deeper in the water, they might have something we need. As for table coral, I found some, I didn't think we'd need any," the blonde sat up and shook her head sending drops of water through the pod.
 
Add that to the list of things they needed, it wasn't getting any smaller any time soon... 
 
 
 
 


© 2016 James


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on July 19, 2016
Last Updated on July 19, 2016


Author

James
James

Canada



About
I have a creative mind and I enjoy writing fan fictions. Most of my stories are about video games or animes. more..

Writing