I'm stranded in the ocean with a sarcastic AI, what next?!

I'm stranded in the ocean with a sarcastic AI, what next?!

A Chapter by James
"

Introducing D01753! Also known as Don! I'll try to make this chapter longer than the last two (I'm sorry they were short).

"
Max's POV

I was completely stunned. Nothing but salt water in all directions, minus the wreckage of the Aurora. Well, there goes several trillion dollars worth of machinery. Ok, I needed to plan my next move, maybe take a look around outside and see if there's anything I could eat.

Narrator's POV

Max slide down the ladder landing awkwardly on her feet. She began pacing around the pod, being careful to avoid the sparking and fizzing part of the wall. The console was currently turned off, but the pod still had power.

"Umm, are you just going to pace around all day? Or are you going to do something with you life, eh Blondey?"

Max practically jumped out her skin "What the- Who said that?!"

"I did, did I scare you?" the voice was coming from the console. The image flickered twice and a boy's face appeared on the screen. He had Black-ish-brown hair, green eyes and a few freckles on his nose and upper cheeks. He was an AI.

"How did you get in here?!?", Max shrieked "And who are you?!?"

"Long story, and my name is D01753", he answered.

"D017- you know what? I'm gonna do myself a favor and call you Don", Max said shaking her head in confusion. The boy simply smirked.

"Hey, how did you get here anyway? You said it was a long story, I have plenty of time on my hands, spill it." Max's eyes zeroed in on Don's eyes, attempting to intimidate him. He seemed to consider answering. Finally he opened his mouth to speak.

"When the ship was crashing, I was working in storage, sorting boxes and things like that. I saw a group of people heading towards the escape pods and followed them. I jumped in your pod with you before you could launch, and here I am.", Don explained, looking at Max as he finished.

"You know that isn't really a long story, it's kinda short actually.", Max stated, rolling her eyes. She pulled her shoes off her feet and replaced them with the flippers she'd brought with her and pulled the goggles down over her head. As max hauled herself up the ladder, a static fizz made her stop in her tracks. Glancing at the console, Don's image was fuzzy for a moment, then clear again. He looked shaken, but returned to smirking at Max. Groaning in annoyance, she shoved the hatch open and stepped onto the roof. Hesitating for a moment, Max took several deep breaths in, and released them. Taking one more large breath in, she slid down the curved edge of the pod and felt the water surround her.

The water was cold for a moment, making Max shiver. Once the bubbles were clear, Max spun around, her eyes widening at the wide expanse of the shallows around her. A school of fish that looked like blue goldfish with very big eyes, swam past her, trying to avoid he strange new creature intruding their home. Max smiled as best she could without opening her mouth to the salty water, her lips pressed together tightly. A loud moan reached Max's ears, its sounded like it came from something large and sluggish. Whirling around to get a glance, Max came face to face with a extremely odd looking sea-mammal of sorts. Its was a dark shade of blue-ish-grey and had a face similar to a sea elephant. It's eyes were a bright shade of green and yellow. It didn't attack Max, rather, it sluggishly swam past her, continuing with its moaning. Max's vision went slightly blurry and she kicked her legs, swimming towards the surface. Max's lungs seemed to sigh with relief as she surfaced and took several long breaths of air, and dove back down without hesitation.

It went on like that for a while, until the sun began to set. When Max's legs began to get sore, she either didn't notice or didn't care. Max pushed herself forwards and noticed that the escape pod had a hatch on the bottom. The heavy door opened with a shove and Max pulled herself inside.

"well, you were gone for, lets see, three hours, forty-five minutes and seventeen point three seconds, how was it?", Don asked, counting on his fingers while he spoke. Max remembered that Don was here and groaned again in annoyance.

"It was fun, there was a big sea-elephant-type-of-thing.", Max said, pulling her flippers off.

"A big sea-elephant-type-of-thing?", Don repeated with a grin. This AI was getting on Max's nerves.

"You know, I would've thought and artificial intelligence would be smart enough to listen to someone when they speak.", Max growled at the AI. He simply sighed.

"Ok, I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot, but if I wasn't here, you would eventually go insane with nobody to talk to but yourself. Same thing goes for me.", Don stated, his voice clear of sarcasm. Max's eyes softened and she sighed.

"And I guess I owe you an apology for being a bit of a jerk earlier. I don't really like being around people." Don grinned at her response. Well, I guess they're friends now.

When the sun faded behind the Aurora, Max curled up on the floor of her escape pod and fell asleep using her flippers and shoes as pillows. Don on the other hand turned the console off and powered down inside the ships wiring, which is like sleeping for AI's.

The two castaways began to sleep unaware of what had happened.


© 2016 James


Author's Note

James
Hey guys! I finished the cover art, and there will be more coming in the future! Thanks so much 100+ views! Can't wait to write more of this story! Luv u guys!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on May 29, 2016
Last Updated on May 29, 2016


Author

James
James

Canada



About
I have a creative mind and I enjoy writing fan fictions. Most of my stories are about video games or animes. more..

Writing