The basics

The basics

A Chapter by Alex

     Aro laughed and clapped his hands. I stared at him and smiled a little. I felt really comfortable with him.

      "Well done, dear! Well done!" he encouraged. I felt really smug as I looked at the corpse of Amithen. Her head was separated from her head, though there was no blood. Only frozen-like pieces of crystal in the place of her muscles. I examined it.

     "Did I kill her?" I asked Aro, not really caring.

     "No, love." he said. Did I imagine a hint of regret in his tone?

     "She's only broken. Well, we better start the fire before she glues herself back on." he said totally calm. So, they were going to burn her? Just because I attacked her? Or was there another reason? Was there even a reason? Wasn't she dead already? The question escaped from my lips.

     "What do you mean 'burn her'? I thought I had killed her already..."

     "No, dear. You see, the only way to kill a vampire is to rip them apart and burn the pieces." he chuckled. "Or just throw them to the fire." I flinched at the memory of the fire. It burned my throat and I grabbed it in a flash.

     "I think I'm... Thirsty." I explained. Aro smiled at me and nodded.

     "Heidi will be here shortly with our food."

     "I'd suggest she goes to her new room to eat. She is only a newborn, afterall." Caius cautioned. Newborn? I was fourteen!

     "I'm actually fourteen." I said sarcastically. "As in fourteen years." Caius stared at me with raging eyes. I laughed coldly.

     "Peace, brother." Aro chided him. He turned to look at me.

     "Newborn, as in newborn vampire, love." he corrected. I shrugged. He chuckled and took my hand again. I sighed quietly, making my throat burn. It was hard to ignore, it was as if somebody put lava rocks in there. I screamed in pain.

     "Jane! Dear, what's wrong?" he asked, startled.

     "My throat! It's burning!" I screamed falling to the floor. I took a breath through my mouth.

     "Marcus, Caius," he called his brothers. "I'll be out with Jane. Tell Heidi thanks anyways." he said formally. He looked at me and dragged me softly outside. "Cover up." he ordered. I immediately threw the cape over my head with my black cloak. He did the same and jumped to a ceiling. My eyes widened in awe.

     "How did you?" I paused. "It was so tall..."

     "Vampire!" he smiled. He jumped back to me. "Here are the basics, dear. You are a newborn vampire. You are stronger than the rest of us, but only temporarily since the blood from your tissues still travels through you, though you will be really thirsty, more than the rest, for a year or two. Your skin is pale, cold and hard like all of us. Oh, and you sparkle in the sunlight." he said cooly and calmly. I stood there frozen, like a rock, indeed.

     Aro laughed loudly. "Lets hunt!" he cheered.



© 2010 Alex


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well I want to know what happen to her brother! this is really very good!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 8, 2010
Last Updated on September 1, 2010


Author

Alex
Alex

Italy



About
I'm Alessandra. But call me Alex. I'm 13 now and I love RONALD WEASLEY!! OMG FORGET TWILIGHT SCREW DA VAMPS! I WANT MA GINGER MAN! Here are some facts about me that probably don't matter to an.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Alex


Regret Regret

A Poem by Alex