Bringing back the past

Bringing back the past

A Chapter by RainDancer1997

   Serene stepped off the plane looking around the national Romanian airport. She couldn't feel the weather, which was a good characteristic of being a vampire. Though everyone else wore heavy winter coats, shivering like wet dogs. This is where I'll be living from now on, she thought to herself. This is where her mother was born, and this is where her mother was murdered. Harsh, heartbreaking memories flooded her mind. Tears almost came to her ocean blue eyes at the thoughts.


   " Are you Miss Serene?" a small man asked coming up to her. Her looked to be in his late sixties with snow white hair, and gray blue eyes.

 

   " That would depend on whose asking," she said taking a step back. He raised a hand in the air, and mumbled a couple strange words. A strong wind passed by them sending her long chestnut hair into the air.


   " You did that didn't you?" Serene sighed.


   " I was a friend of your mothers, and I'm deeply confused on why you have returned," he told her fixing his light green vest, " those monsters who murdered your mother are long gone."


   " It's a long story, and those monsters are here. Just because no one can find them doesn't mean that they're not here lurking in the shadows some where," Serene hissed.


   " I understand your hatred, Serene. Though, you don't want to get yourself involved in this war between vampires and Imps," he said willing her to understand.


   " It didn't look like Imps that killed her," she answered walking past the old man.


   " The Imps don't do their own dirty work anymore. They hire trolls and werewolves to do all of that stuff," the old man told her grabbing her arm.


   " It was two trolls that came into the apartment. One had a tribal tattoo on the side of his bald head," Serene told him trying to remember the horrid event, " see if you can find him, and if you do let me know."


   She snatched her arm away and walked past him, grabbing her luggage before disappearing into the street. Who was he anyways? It was so like her to forget to ask such a simple question, Serene thought to herself. She rolled her eyes and searched for her new apartment located in front of a large lake. 


   Several moments later she spotted the secluded apartment residence. It was kinda small since it only had three floors, but that meant more privacy for her. And right now she desperately needed that. The building looked to be ancient with its white décor turning a light green color from aging. Moss was climbing up the sides, and vines looked to be taking over. No one would look for her here, which meant safety.   


   Serene picked up her bags and entered the building. A rather young man with a baby face was working the front desk.


   "Can I be of assistance?" he smiled looking her over. There wasn't anything to see besides some gray sweatpants and a pink hoodie.


   "I called about a room open," she smiled back.


   "You're Miss Serene?" he asked in disbelief.


   "Yes I am," Serene hissed as he quickly handed her keys over, " Thanks." She turned around and walked away, and she was pretty sure he was starring at her rear end as she walked out the door.


   ************************************************************************************************************************ 


   Hours later she laid in bed thinking of one person she wishes she could forget. Is he thinking of her like this too? For some reason the feeling that she's missing him crept upon her. Though, she started pushing that to the back of her mind. 


Alone....


She's always been fine with that word, that feeling....


Serene sat up in bed when she heard a footstep by the front door. She stepped out of bed and looked around the room for a weapon. All she found was lamp and an old broom. The door flew off the hinges and slammed against the wall in front of it. She turned to run, but big burly hands grabbed her from behind. Serene punched, kicked, and bit her capture. Though, she knew it would be of no use against this monster.


   "We've finally found you," a thick voice cheered. She bit down on his hand that was wrapped around her mouth. He let go of her for an instant, but when she tried to get up he started kicking in her rip cage.  


   "Sebastian," she kept mumbling over and over for help. Or was it for something else? The pain was becoming so intense that her consciousness began to slither away. The last thing she saw was a bald head with a tribal tattoo on it.   



© 2013 RainDancer1997


Author's Note

RainDancer1997
This is not the end I promise lol. Much more is on the way. I would like to apologize to all my lovely viewer's for taking so very long to make this chapter happen. been having family trouble but its all good now lol:) Keep reading and commenting please:) Ik its a short chapter but I promise a longer one next time:) love you all! (Pic is of bald man in story:))

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a way to end the chapter with a bang! I like how your developing Serene. I would be nice to know what Sebastian is doing, since he's obviously a main player in this, but (of course) it's all up to you. You have great skill with this story. Keep it up. :)
Wall of Words

Posted 8 Years Ago


woow love this!! Please continue writing !!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Oh, do hurry with that next installment.
When you take too long, I start to lose track of the story...and this one is too good to miss a single detail.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Just a few suggestions, definatley think about making the chapters longer, they are very short and most books have chapters that are 10-20 pages long, you your's is probably two or three. Also, I think there is too much dialogue and not enough description. This is the first chapter I read and I'm not a vampire fun but good job otherwise! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


As usual, I enjoyed reading this! The good use of dialogue that doesn't give a ton away (vague in a way) really moves the story along. We know what we need to, yet we also want to know more. Great job, can't wait for more!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RainDancer1997

10 Years Ago

Yayyy:) Im glad you liked it:) Thanks for reading and commenting!
Dan Fite, Jr.

10 Years Ago

No prob! And if you could give my script "Skunk" a look, it would he great! I dont meant to be pushy.. read more
RainDancer1997

10 Years Ago

Oh I completely understand:)! And I sure will:)!!
I can't wait to read more, knowing that the man who killed her mother had come after her is very interesting twist. I would like to read more, and I wish Sebastian would come back...

Posted 10 Years Ago


RainDancer1997

10 Years Ago

surprises surprises on the way:) and thanks for reading and commenting:)
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Of course. :)
Interesting! yeah i want to read more and soon too :)
its exciting and i know its just the start :)

best wishes

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's a great piece! It's nice to see you back! I'm eagerly waiting for the next chapter! Thanks for sharing!

-CW

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RainDancer1997

10 Years Ago

So glad to be back:) thanks a lot:)!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

493 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 1, 2013
Last Updated on December 2, 2013
Tags: past, suspence, love, supernatural, sou-mates, romance


Author

RainDancer1997
RainDancer1997

ragland, AL



About
I'm from a small town in Alabama and I love skateboards and any type of rock music. I love to talk to anyone, and I hope ya'll like my writings:)! MY fav music:) Sleeping with Sirens .. more..

Writing
Idk? Idk?

A Poem by RainDancer1997



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..