Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Rawiya Scarlett

"Of course it's me, Wick," He said as he stepped closer to me, his eyes shining with malice, his lips quirked into his signature smirk.

"I missed you." He replied while pulling me into a hug. I tried to get out of it but he was stronger than me.

"Stop struggling Wickella," he whispered, his breath hot against my ear, his voice low and husky as I remembered, "I'm going to get you back for what you did Wick, you have no idea how long I've waited for this." He said the venom-laced thick in his words, he released me.

I walked over to Luke taking some deep breaths with every step, I glanced up to see him glaring at Nuca, he must have picked up on the tension between us. Clearing my throat and turned around with a wide smile on my face.

"Cindy Harrison, Mateo and Blaze Henderson, Cedrick Balta and Nuca Walker welcome to Brooke High School, I am Kristina Johnson, Student body Vice President and this is the Student body President, Luke Reeves and we are your hosts for the day," I told them while keeping the fake smile despite my heart beating really fast.

"Oh sorry, I'm late, got held up talking to the principal about some circumstances." A deep male voice said.

My fake smile slipped off when I saw who the voice belonged to.

"Raiden?" I asked my voice barely above a whisper.

His head snapped in my direction, he looked at me but it felt like he was looking through me. His eyes met my gaze again, I tried to look away but I couldn't. The last time we spoke we got into a huge argument, he never agreed to me dating Nuca, never.

I glanced at him, he grew a few inches taller than Nuca, his brown hair grew out from the buzz cut he took those years back, he wasn't the most muscular guy but he was lean and had some muscles since his clothes weren't hanging off of him, it fitted him just right.

I diverted my attention back to his face, his lips created a cute smile forming wrinkles around his mouth, moving my eyes further up his face, I took in a breath when I saw his eyes.

They were the same chocolate brown I remember but they didn't hold hate or disgust in them, no, they were glistening with happiness and joy but a little sadness lingered within them.

He came closer while looking into my eyes then he embraced me, I was shocked this for a second, my shoulders were stiff and my arms were awkwardly at my sides.

"I missed you so much Wick," he whispered.

I felt my arms go around him and I nuzzled my face into his chest. I never knew how much I missed his hugs until now.

"Shhh, it's okay Wick, everything is fine, I'm sorry for what I said that night, I was angry at you and I didn't mean any of it." He said while rubbing my back. I took a deep breath realizing that I was sobbing into his shirt, pulling away I hastily wiped my eyes and glanced up at him.

"Actually what you said was true and I was just to blind to see it but we'll talk about it later, for now, let's get this tour on the road," I said smiling at him and for the first time since they arrived, it was a genuine one.

................................................................................................................................

After giving them the tour we went to our separate classes. I was walking with Luke when I stopped him.

"I'm so sorry about earlier, is just that they're from my old high school and I kind of have had a bad past with Nuca and Raiden was my best friend but we had a falling out because of Nuca, so it's been three years since I've seen any of them and it was a lot to process so I'm really sorry about the unprofessional behavior I had back there," I told while looking at the ground a bit fidgety.

"Hey," He said and I looked up. He wasn't scowling but smiling at me.

"I understand, and it's okay, we're human beings and all those feelings can become so overwhelming that we just need to let go." He told me before walking into class.

I smiled at the door, sighing I walked into the room, giving the teacher my late slip and took my seat beside Josh.

"Alright welcome to Introduction to Sociology, as some of you know I am Mrs Kelly and I will be your teacher for this class until the end of the semester. So can anyone tell me what they think Sociology is?"

And with that question class began.



© 2019 Rawiya Scarlett


Author's Note

Rawiya Scarlett
What do you think of the plot, writing style, characters? Point out grammatical errors or places where I need to show instead of telling, please and thanks. Anything that seems that needs to fix please let me know, I'm open to feedback and criticism.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on January 3, 2019
Last Updated on January 4, 2019


Author

Rawiya Scarlett
Rawiya Scarlett

Trinidad and Tobago



About
Hi I’m Whitney but my pen name is Rawiya Scarlett. I’m really passionate about writing and I just love to write. It gives me a release from reality where I can step back and think about it.. more..

Writing