Chapter 14 prt1

Chapter 14 prt1

A Chapter by Rawiya Scarlett

Kristina's POV

Rubbing my eyes I walked down the stairs and into the lounge where everyone was seated. Holding back a yawn, I picked up a plate pilling some pancakes and eggs onto it, sitting down I started to eat waiting for Rae to speak up.

"Okay, everyone's here, so we got intel that there's gonna be a shipment of weapons coming in, however, we don't know where or when. What we do know is that information about this shipment is on Andrew Wilkin's computer since he is the dealer for the Hilton. Luckily for us, Andrew's younger brother, Derek, is having a party on that night," She paused letting the information sink in.

"Well Caleb and I already are invited and we're helping him set up," Wesely said.

"I know, but I need to get in as well as have two other persons on the inside. Oryn, since you're still a bit new, and according to the females a "hot caramel bar" you'll get asked out by some girl, say yes. Wick, I'm counting on you to get invited personally by Derek, so I'll be your plus one, so you're playing the hot cousin for the week," She told me sitting down and digging into her breakfast.

"Hot cousin? I'm confused," Ryn said glancing at Rae and me.

"Oh, when Wick visits sometimes she goes undercover as a relative to Rae, but I think her cover as "hot cousin" is overrated," Caleb said.

I scoffed, "oh really, says the guy that flirted with me for twenty minutes while Rae hacked your computer system," I reminded him.

"Dude, you told me that your computer got a virus, not that you were hacked," Wesely commented.

"Oh yes, I remember that day, it was your first test as a rookie, to see if you can be easily distracted and if your computer security was good, you failed both," Rae said laughing at the memory.

"Oh and his face was priceless when he saw me at the base two days later, I swear he nearly fainted when I told him that I was his boss," I replied laughing along with Rae.

"Alright, it's time to get ready, we have a mission so let's do our best, Ryn get a date and Wick get invited, we'll meet up later to plan on extracting the information until then get your butts ready for school," Naomi told us, wrapping up our breakfast meeting.

We left carrying our plates to the kitchen before making our ways to our rooms to get ready. Okay, Wick, you got this, you can get Derek to invite you to his party. You're smart and irresistible.

I got this.

...............................................................................................................................................................

"I hope this is "hot cousin" enough Rae, I didn't want to try too hard and seem desperate," I told her as I fixed my makeup.

"No, it's good, I really like that you went for the beauty on the inside appeal but still have a fashion sense, you look better than me so you're good," She told me as she turned into her parking spot.

"Alright you know who Derek is, so go and be a vixen," she told me before getting out the car.

Rolling my eyes at her comment, I took some deep breaths and exited the car. Some of the students stared at me when I started walking to the doors.

"Did she just come out of the same car as Freaky Laney?" A girl asked her friends, her mouth slightly opened by the fact that I came with "Freaky Laney.

"Apparently, but she's so much prettier than that ugly betty while is she with her?" The other friend asked.

Oblivious to the fact that I could hear their conversation, I walked up to the girls. They saw me coming, had a mini panic attack but calmed down as I stood in front of them. 

Smiling at them, "Hey, I'm visiting my cousin Raelan, we came together but she left me in the car since I was fixing my makeup, do you by chance know which part she'll be," I questioned, waiting for them to reply but they just stared at me, jaws opened as they tried to comprehend what I just said.

"You're Freaky Laney's cousin?" The redhead asked.

"Yes, I'm Raelan's cousin, I don't know who this Freaky Laney is but it's rude to bully someone for liking different things," I told her, stressing on Rae's name. 

"Yeah, Hannah, it's rude," The blonde one piped, she smiled at me, "I'm sorry about Hannah, umm yeah we know where Frea....ah... Raelan is, we'll show you," She told me and pulled me towards the doors.

"So who's the queen bee and golden boy of your school?" I questioned as we walked through the halls, I smiled and winked at the boys staring. It was fun to see them blush or run into their locker.

"Umm, queen bee well more like queen royal pain in the arse is Veronica, head cheerleader with the bitchy attitude, hmmm golden boy would be her brother, Matthew, the linebacker with the yummy good locks. There's Derek, his best friend, the twins Caleb and Wesely, oh and the new guy well he's not really new since he came in a month ago but he still has the new status of him, Oryn, now he's getting the title of resident bad boy, we never had one but now we do," she said licking her lips a bit. I was creeped out a lot by that, honey back off he's taken.

"Oh really," I said faking interest.

We turned the corner and I saw Rae talking with Rebekkah, her best friend. I sighed in relief, these girls were nice but so fake trying to get me to like them and I knew that they didn't like Rae.

"Thanks a lot, girls, I really appreciate it," I told them walking towards Rae and waving goodbye.

"Okay no prob bestie," The blond, Dinah said, I just smiled at her.

"Already making friends I see," Rebekkah laughed at me when she saw my pained expression.

"Who would have ever thought being nice would be exhausting," I told her leaning onto the locker next Rae's own.

Closing my eyes for a bit, I listen to their conversation about some Mr Simon homework and surprise quiz, I really miss talking to Cindy, I'll call her later and check up on things across there.

"Excuse me, you're standing in front of my locker," I opened my eyes to gaze into chocolate brown orbs so warm, I think I started to melt, there was a little twinkle in them that reminded me of Raiden's eyes. 

Shaking my head a bit, "Sorry, I kind of got lost in your eyes...." I paused when I realized what I said.

"Oh my goodness, ignore that, I didn't mean to hit on you, well your eyes are really gorgeous, and I'm starting to ramble, I'm gonna stop now sorry," I told him moving to stand in front of Rae's locker.

"It's okay," he chuckled, sweet baby corn, his voice, chocolate brown eyes and a voice husky and deep, damnit. 

"It's not every day that a beautiful girl comments my eyes, thanks by the way," he told me, smiling, okay smile back Kris, don't look like a creep though.

"I'm Kristina," I told him holding out my hand.

He took it, shaking it,  "I'm Matthew," he replied.

"Ah the "Golden Boy" of Riverton High," I said laughing a bit.

"Okay, I'm clearly at a disadvantage here, you know about me but I don't know anything about you," he told me leaning onto his locker.

"Well, that's really sad for you," I told him folding my arms and smirking at him.

"Kris, I thought you were coming to class with me?" I turned to see Rae walking towards me, her glasses sliding down her face.

"Sorry Rae but I got a bit distracted," I told her motioning to Matthew.

"Oh, I'm a distraction now?" He asked, amused by my choice of words.

"And a really handsome one too but I gotta go," I told him, turning my back towards him and walking away with Rae.

"Is he still watching?" I whispered to Rae and she nodded.

Nice, step one down, by lunchtime I'll have an invite to that party.



© 2019 Rawiya Scarlett


Author's Note

Rawiya Scarlett
What do you think of the plot, writing style, characters? Point out grammatical errors or places where I need to show instead of telling, please and thanks. Anything that seems that needs to fix please let me know, I'm open to feedback and criticism.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on January 4, 2019
Last Updated on January 4, 2019


Author

Rawiya Scarlett
Rawiya Scarlett

Trinidad and Tobago



About
Hi I’m Whitney but my pen name is Rawiya Scarlett. I’m really passionate about writing and I just love to write. It gives me a release from reality where I can step back and think about it.. more..

Writing