Chapter 15

Chapter 15

A Chapter by Rawiya Scarlett
"

A/N: Unless noted before each chapter starts this book is written in the view of Kristina.

"

The bass was pumping when we arrived, it was nearly ten, the party was in full swing. Rae wanted to arrive late because by the time we reach the place would be crowded allowing her to sneak into Andrew's room and get the files off his computer.

"You have the flash drive?" I asked her once more, she rolled her eyes at me and showed me her bracelet.

The flash drive was the important instrument in making this mission a success. I created it with the help of the twins, it would break through the security of any computer, download necessary files as well as cover its tracks, so the owner will never know that his or her computer was hacked. I also fashioned it into a bracelet so no one would be suspicious.

"Okay here goes nothing," I glanced once more at our attire.

Rae was wearing a black crop top with black distressed jeans, a black leather jacket and black heeled boots, she was wearing her mother's chain, diamond stud earrings and her signature Apple watch with a white band, her makeup consisted of black eyeliner and red lipstick.

Sure her outfit didn't match her usual clothing but it worked to our advantage as no one would recognize her in these clothes since they expect a nerdy girl to come in nerdy clothes.

While Rae's outfit was subtle in black, mine was loud in gold. I wore a black crop top with gold sequin fringe, the black shorts were also covered in gold sequin fringe.

I sported the look with black stiletto heels, gold hoop earrings, a gold wristband, a black choker around my neck. My makeup consisted of gold eyeshadow with black eyeliner and a plum-like colour lipstick.

"You ready?" She asked me, her hand on the door handle.

"Ready as I'll ever be boss," I told her.

Taking some deep breaths, we entered the belly of the beast.

.........................................................................................................................................................

"Hey, where's your cousin?" Matthew asked me as we sat on the couch.

The party was pumping, students dancing, drinking, having the time of their lives. Sometimes I had to turn my head as some couples made out on the dance floor, boy that was awkward.

"She said that she wanted to get some fresh air, parties aren't really her thing," I shouted to him over the music.

We were observing the students, however, Matthew kept glancing at one girl in particular. It was Rae's best friend, Rebekkah. She came with some other friends and they were talking and dancing next to the kitchen.

"Why don't you go and talk to her," I questioned him.

"Who?" He asked playing dumb.

I nudged his shoulder, "Bekkah, you've been subtly watching her for fifteen minutes and she also has glanced your way a few times," I told him.

He blushed.

"You like her, don't you?" I questioned, he nodded in response.

"So go over there and talk to her, take it from me, you don't want to miss your chance and regret it for a lifetime," I told him remembering Raiden.

"You didn't talk to the person you liked?"

"Something like that, we were best friends but I never told him how I really felt, got drunk once at a party and kissed him, I didn't talk to him about it, instead I went to visit an old friend in L.A., stayed for a week, when I decided to talk to him, he moved on, got a girlfriend, it was heartbreaking when I saw them together, so please if you like her, take the chance, see if she returns your feelings, don't live with the big "what if"," I told him before getting up to join Annabelle and Samantha on the dance floor.

I turned around to see him looking at Rebekkah again, he took some deep breaths and went over. I smiled as they began to talk, Bekkah smiling and laughing at what he was saying.

"Well who would have thought lil Matty would gain the courage to talk to his crush," Samantha said as she saw them.

"I just gave him a little nudge in the right direction," I told her, she laughed and we continued to dance, however, my eyes were keen, waiting for Rae to come back.

The night continued on, I was dancing with the twins when Ryn signalled that everything was complete all we need was a distraction so Rae could sneak out and head to the car.

Luckily, the DJ started to play "Havana" by Camila Cabello ft. Young Thug. I winked at Ryn and signalled to the twins to start the dance.

Here's the thing, as you know or should know, I was on the dance team at my old school but got kicked off due to alleged accusations.

When I was visiting Rae last year, one of her missions was to stop another kidnapping but the victim was a participant in a dance competition, so she called me to help.

Unfortunately, the solos were filled, as well as the duets, so we had to enter as a trio, Caleb, Wesely and I, so we entered and was accepted and our dance for the finals was to the song "Havana".

People started to watch us as we moved, the girls cheered, swooned by the guys' fluid movements and I got a lot of wistful/lustful stares from the male occupants of the party.

They applauded when the song was over, Annabelle and Samantha rushed over to us.

"Where did you learn how to dance?" Sam asked.

"I was on the dance team at my old high school, I'm not sure about the boys but damn guys you can move," I told them, they smirked at me.

"Well, we learned from the best," Caleb smirked while subtly winking at me.

I felt something vibrate, I looked down at my watch, yeah I was also wearing an Apple watch with a gold black band. It was a message from Rae. I frowned at it before looking up at my friends.

"Hey guys, I'm sorry but I have to go, Rae's not feeling well and I'm her ride, I had fun, tell Derek and Matt that I say bye, see you on Monday," I told them as I hugged them before exiting the house.

I got to the car and entered on the passenger's side, looking at Rae, I smirked.

"You got it," I stated, she returned my smirk.

"Of course I did," she replied, raising her hand letting her bracelet dangle in front my eyes.



© 2019 Rawiya Scarlett


Author's Note

Rawiya Scarlett
What do you think of the plot, writing style, characters? Point out grammatical errors or places where I need to show instead of telling, please and thanks. Anything that seems that needs to fix please let me know, I'm open to feedback and criticism.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on January 4, 2019
Last Updated on January 4, 2019


Author

Rawiya Scarlett
Rawiya Scarlett

Trinidad and Tobago



About
Hi I’m Whitney but my pen name is Rawiya Scarlett. I’m really passionate about writing and I just love to write. It gives me a release from reality where I can step back and think about it.. more..

Writing