Chapter 14 prt2

Chapter 14 prt2

A Chapter by Rawiya Scarlett

Kristina's POV

I got through the first half of periods with ease. People were still shocked that I was related to Rae. I think I rolled my eyes over twenty times today, I'm so glad that it was lunchtime, pretending makes me hungry.

We were walking out of her History class when I heard someone shout my name.

"Kristina!"

I turned around to see Matthew running towards me, Rae rolled her eyes before muttering something about going to the library to do some homework.

"Hi Matthew," I told him as he came closer.

He was panting a bit, "you're a hard girl to find," he stated before standing up straight.

I smirked, "you were looking for me?"

"Yeah, I wanted to invite you to sit with me for lunch, Raelan can come too," He told me smiling, his chocolate orbs hopeful that I say yes.

"You know what, I'll take that offer since your the first person to call my cousin by her actual name and not "Freaky Laney"," I told him causing his smile to widen forming wrinkles around his eyes.

"That's great!" He cried, "wait, where's Rae?" he asked as he noticed she wasn't there.

"She went to the library to finish off some assignment," I told him, he nodded, "well then Matt lead the way," I told him and he did.

We strolled into the cafeteria, making our way to the table in the middle of the room. 
"Guys this is Kristina," Matthew said as he introduced me to the people at the table. 
"Kristina, these are my friends, Samantha but we call her Sam, the twins Caleb and Wesley, Frank, Derek and Annabelle," He told me pointing to everyone.

I waved, "it's nice to meet y'all," I told them as I sat down next to Matthew, Wesley on my right and Derek across from me.

"So you're a transfer student?" Annabelle asked.

"Oh no, I'm just visiting my cousin, Raelan," I said causing Samantha to gasp.

"Close your mouth, Sam, you don't wanna check flies," Caleb told her and she threw a fry at him with a death glare on the side.

"Raelan is your cousin, I mean no offence but she's so nerdy and you're not, I mean I love what you're wearing," Sam said trying to be polite.

"Oh this old thing," I scoffed as I glanced at my outfit.

I was wearing a brown sweater with a black mini skirt that stopper before my knees and a pair of black booties."I understand some people can't grasp the fact based on our appearance but yeah she's my nerdy cousin, I love her just as she is, though her closet could use some updating," I finished with a chuckle. 

"I like you and just to be honest, we don't really bully your cousin, we've actually helped her sometimes and I've actually talked to Ronnie but she's just a b***h that wants to make people miserable, oh sorry for bad mouthing your sister Matt," Annabelle said smiling sadly at Matthew.

"Oh trust me, I know that's she's a b***h," Matthew said and I heard a scoff from behind us.

"Well, I seriously feel the love brother," the voice said sarcastically.

I turned around to see a raven head girl standing behind us in a blue and red cheer uniform, she had three other cheerleaders with her, her best friends I assumed.

Why does she look so familiar?

"No freaking way! What is she doing here?" She cried pointing at me.

I groaned as I recognized her voice, gosh she so annoying.

"It's not nice to point Veronica," I told her standing up to face her.

"Great, I just got rid of one freak now I have to deal with another," she whined, her voice becoming squeaky and irritable.

"What did you do Ronnie?" Her brother asked.

"Oh nothing, just placed lil miss Freaky in her place," she said, a smug smile creeping onto her face.

Oh hell no!
"What did you do to my cousin?" I questioned stepping closer to her.

She stepped back holding her nose, "eww what is that smell, what are you wearing dumpster perfume?" She asked, fanning her nose with her hand.

"No, it's actually snake repellent but I guess it's faulty, looks like I have to get my money back," I told her, my face blank.

She stared at me confused but the others caught on and tried to hold back their laughter but Caleb couldn't.

His laughter sprung out of his mouth, a ripple effect as everyone started to laugh.

"Snake repellent......laugh......faulty.....laugh," Caleb laughed falling from his seat.

She glanced at us, confusion still on her face, one of her friends rolled her eyes and whispered into her ears.

Clarity shone brightly in her eyes as she scowled at me before turning around almost whipping her hair in my face.

Keyword: Almost. I ducked when she turned, missing her attack by a few inches. I stood up and smirked at her retreating back.

"Can we keep her?" Samantha asked Matthew.

"I don't know, can we?" Matthew asked me his eyes beaming with hope.

"Sorry sweetie but no, I have my own school to get back to, but we can create a group and chat, I normally visit Rae often so we could meet up," I told them genuinely.

They beamed at my suggestion and we exchanged numbers and Samantha created the group.

"Oh, group selfie!" She yelled, we gathered close and smiled. 

Sure I came just to get an invite to a party but I believe that I met a group of great people to be friends with.

"Oh, are you coming to Derek's party on Friday?" Wesely questioned.

"Oh, you're having a party?" I asked Derek pretending to be surprised by this information.

He rubbed the back of his neck, "yeah, I'm having a party, it's my birthday Friday so I'm celebrating, you can come if you want," he told me smiling.

"Really? Would it be rude if Rae comes with me, her dad's out of town so I don't want to leave her by herself and I came to spend time with her," I told him, hoping he would say yes.

"Sure no problem, she can come to," He said standing up, "I gotta go to the library for a resource text for one of my essays, bye guys," He told us.

"Bye, and thank you very much, Derek," I replied waving as he exited the cafeteria.

"Oh my, we're gonna have so much fun, I'll message you the directions to the party," Annabelle told me squeezing my hand, she was really excited.

"Thanks, Annabelle," I told her returning the gesture, "I'm gonna find Rae, bye guys," I told them leaving the table.



© 2019 Rawiya Scarlett


Author's Note

Rawiya Scarlett
What do you think of the plot, writing style, characters? Point out grammatical errors or places where I need to show instead of telling, please and thanks. Anything that seems that needs to fix please let me know, I'm open to feedback and criticism.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on January 4, 2019
Last Updated on January 4, 2019


Author

Rawiya Scarlett
Rawiya Scarlett

Trinidad and Tobago



About
Hi I’m Whitney but my pen name is Rawiya Scarlett. I’m really passionate about writing and I just love to write. It gives me a release from reality where I can step back and think about it.. more..

Writing