chapter 3

chapter 3

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

The problem has been laid on the table for Michael to see but he is too transfixed on revenge to care.Will he put aside his own needs in order to save others?

"
Michael walked up to yet another gate this time is was sealing off access to a side alley.He pulled the gate open and entered the alley.The alley was littered with dead bodies of both human and non human figures.Michael did not care,he just shook his head then carried on.Once out on a street he saw that people were being attacked by creatures he had never seen before.They were hybrids.Half human,half insect.Each one of them were never the same but they all appeared terrifying.
Alexia pulled out a strange gun.It looked like a pistol but instead of bullets it fired out circular blades that were the size of a fifty cent coin.The gun had been modified to fire them. Alexia shot several of the mutants before putting away the gun and signalling for the soldiers she had saved,to run for cover.
"This place looks like hell."Michael looked down both ends of the street.
"You were gone for a long time Michael,things changed.About three years ago it all started.It was like any other day except for strange cloud formations."
"Cloud formations?"
"Yes.The clouds were in strange patterns and even looked like drawings.Then moments later,the creatures around you began to fall from the sky."Alexia frowned when she heard Michael chuckle."What is funny?"
"You don't get it do you?"
"No."
"I was sent back here because of this problem.It obviously got out of hand didn't it?!"Michael was yelling up at the sky."You created these things to entice me to return to the earth,but I didn't.The creatures grew in size and numbers making it impossible for the human soldiers to fight back."
"Who are you talking to?"
"It's obvious."
"Wait,you don't mean..."
"God sent these creatures to get me back to earth.It escalated out of control and so I was forced out of heaven to fix this muck up."
"Why?"
"I refused to return to earth when I was asked to.It clearly angered god enough for him to cast me out."
"But why would god do this to the world he created?"
"I will ask him that when his head is on a spit."
"Michael!You will not kill god!"
"You will not stop me Alexia!I have one goal and I will complete it."
Alexia turned her gun on Michael."No you won't."
"Do you really want to do this?"
"If I must then I will."
Michael instantly spun the gun round so it was facing her."Do not test me Alexia."
"Can you not put aside your own selfish desires to try and save this world?"
Michael felt anger disappear."I..."
"You need to put aside what you want.This world is yours to protect,nobody else."
"What did you just say?"
"Nobody else can save this world but you.I have been given powers but they are tiny compared to yours."
"Someone else..."Michael smiled."I need an heir."
"A what?"
"Someone to leave my legacy to.I will find someone who is fit enough to take my place."
"Alright,sounds like a plan.Can we now focus on the problem at hand?"
"Yes,we shall."


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on May 9, 2014
Last Updated on May 9, 2014
Tags: adventure, action, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay