Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The Shadow On My Shoulder
There is an angel who sits upon my shoulder who goes by the name of Death...
Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Michael is unaware of the events coming.How will he deal with them when they arrive,and who is the special guest that is spoken of?

"
Michael had successfully cleared the store of all enemies before approaching the store owner."I take it this isn't your usual type of customer?"
The store owner stood up."No.This is  a nightmare."
"Trust me,the nightmare is only just beginning."
"I know who you are.Your Michael Ablestine!"
"Yes,please calm down."
"These creatures have been attacking the earth now for years,it is so good to finally see you back."
"Years?Hm.I guess it could be worse though."
"How could it get any worse?These creatures fuse themselves with human hosts,that's how they have managed to survive for so long."
"They fuse with a host?How?"
"I have witnessed what they do.The man I had employed,he was taken by the creatures and forced to ingest something.I have no idea what it was but I do know that when he swallowed whatever it was,his entire human structure fell apart allowing the creature to burst through."
"So it was instantaneous?"
"Sort of.It took a couple of minutes to materialize,but when it was over he was no longer human."
"That sounds painful."
"Yes it does."
"But now that you are back you can save us all."
"Don't get too far ahead of yourself,I'm here to find the portal to heaven."
"That old wise tale?None of us know of that really exists."
"I have to take that chance." Michael went outside through the backdoor and found himself staring out over a huge crater in the ground.It was huge in size and perfectly rounded.The crater dropped down like a cylinder and was 200 meters in diameter.
"It looks like you won't be getting out of here that way." Said the store owner.
Michael smiled."Nope.I am."He jumped down into the crater feet first.Half way down he turned his arm in to the crystal sword again then slammed it into the edge of the crater.His speed immediately slowed right down just before he landed on the ground.But inside of the crater was nothing more than a cylinder cage.
"What do we have here?"Asked Michael.
The cage had a figure inside of it.Whoever it was was twitching like crazy.They were curled up in a ball on the ground but still on their feet.
"Hello?" Michael approached the cage with caution."Are you okay in there?"
The figure in the cage suddenly froze.They stood up revealing their true height(huge).They looked rake thin but had massive muscles.With their body no longer twitching,they turned their attention to Michael using only their head.
"Holy s**t."Michael saw the face of the person.Their mouth was three times the normal size of any human and their teeth were all shark like.Their eyes were sunken holes that gave off nothing but darkness."Jesus,what did they do to you?"
The person in the cage grabbed the bars and began to shake them.With no success the person then spun round and grabbed the cage door,kicking it with its massive feet.The cage door rattled on its hinges before finally breaking and falling on the ground. The person exited the cage standing tall and proud,every bone visible to the eye.
"My god...Hang on,I'm going to help you." Michael slowly walked towards the person but stopped when it stretched its back making its spine and bones crack."Jesus."
"No.Not Jesus.Just me."The person spoke in a raspy voice.It extended its hands out allowing its fingers to stiffen straight.The finger tips were just claws like a lion."Do you remember me?" The person took a few steps towards Michael.
"Should I?"
"You always were so forgetful...father."
"Thomas?!"
"You killed me!You didn't even hold back."
"I'm sorry for what I did but you had to be stopped."
"No!You could have helped me!But instead you chose this pathetic world over me,your own son!"
"There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about it."
"Shut up!!!You never once cared about me.You even let mum die."
"There are always casualties in protecting this world."
"While you ascended to heaven I was trapped in limbo.Do you know what limbo is like?Every single atom in your body is being ripped apart slowly over and over again,never ending,never stopping,always burning.Do you have any idea what kind of madness that brings!?"
"Thomas,stop.Let me help you."
"NO!!!I will have my revenge against you father,I was promised that much."
"Who promised you that?"
"You know who."
"God brought you back?"
Thomas laughed."God?No." He picked the cage up off the cage and held it high in the air."There is another player in this game father,even he wants you dead!" Thomas hurled the cage at Michael barely missing him.
"Lucky shot.But you missed."
Thomas let out a loud yell then charged at Michael.He scooped Michael up in his arms like a cradle."Time for a flying lesson!"Thomas grabbed Michael by his leg and threw him against the wall of the crater.
"Holy s**t!"Michael was now winded.He pulled himself up on his elbows trying to catch his breath."Come on Michael,get up."
Thomas jumped through the air and landed on top of Michael.He pinned him to the ground on his stomach then pulled his head back using his hands."Take a look father because these are the last images you are going to see."
Michael tried to fight back against Thomas but he was too finely pinned to the ground.Both arms were being held behind his back and his head being held back forcefully.
"Time to die..."Thomas pushed one foot down in Michael's back."Father!!!"He pulled back harder on Michael's neck until he knew it was near breaking.He had a wicked smile on his face whilst licking his tongue across his teeth."Good night."


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on May 10, 2014
Last Updated on May 11, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay